First grow .. fingers crossed

With all the excitement of sprouting my first seeds I didn’t even realize that the clone I took from my buddies flowering plants had grown a lot lol

2 Likes

@Eagles009 here you go, thanks man!

2 Likes

My pleasure! I’m down to watch you grow some dank nugs!

2 Likes

Sweet looking setup! Nice roomy tent. I’d get you some fabric pots they are very forgiving.

1 Like

Already got some . Went with 7 gallon

I can’t wait to get first grow down so I can expand with more lights :grin:

1 Like

Well I might do a plant this run using KIND soil. It’s a Michigan based company where I’m from. Others have posted about it. I originally ordered from them. But was backed up due to covid. Couldn’t get my order in time. So I cancelled for a refund. Well today 30 pounds of their soil still arrived lol. So mine as well use it . Maybe can do a side by side vs Jack’s in coco ? Or wait until next grow to do side by side.
Now have 25lbs of Jack’s and 30 pounds of KIND soil… Man I need some more lights for this 4x8 . Lol

2 Likes

I’m not familiar with either honestly. My first coco run was a disaster. I thought it was because I didn’t buffer with a cal mag solution. But after reading more on what the buffer actually does I’m not convinced. Either way starting round two of co co today. Is kind soil the same as living soil?

1 Like

Now don’t quote me on this as I’m new. I thought there was a difference between a living soil. And a “hot” soil. In their info it describes it as being live. But basically it’s a water only organic way to grow. When I first started research I didn’t know which way to go. Bought some nature pride and was going to amend and top dress . Was gonna use that until saw easy of KIND soil Bought the kind soil and canceled once I saw about Jack’s and coco. Well this still showed up after I got my money back . So now I have a ton of nutes for trying a few things if I really wanted lol. Probably should have picked one idea and just tried it out the whole grow , instead of switching ideas after buying and not even trying yet. :joy::sweat_smile:

1 Like

I’m all about trying different stuff. See what you like. The soil sounds cool. I will try something like it eventually. No nutrients no pH balancing. Sounds nice.

1 Like

Yeah I will probably wait until next grow. Probably the smartest for a first time grower. Need to experience things happening and reading the plant before I try out two completely different methods.

That was definitely the reason I had ordered it tho was the ease. I work many hours a week. Usually 60-84. And travel a lot. So if I needed my girlfriend to take over for a bit. I was more confident I wouldn’t come home to a dead stick in a pot. Lol

1 Like

Another update. I forget day number. Like 13 or so . Things are going good for the most part. Not sure what’s going on with them twisting on edges. Not sure if fan was on too high. Or light too low or what. Looks like it’s time to start my googling .

3 Likes

@Eagles009 you have any experience with the sides of your leaves doing this ?

2 Likes

I don’t. Doesn’t look like a light or fan issue to me. How are you testing ph? Sure your meter is calibrated? Are you using the standard formula for jacks that every one around here uses the 3.x, 2.x, and 1.x ?

Yup standard formula. Mix a and Epsom first. Then b. pH to 5.8 usually but if off by a little still make sure it’s in range. My pH meter I already hate severley . Have had to calibrate it a bunch. It’s a cheap vivosun one. Decided I’ve spent a bunch already why skimp on an important too. So I’m going to order an apera or however it’s spelt tomorrow.

1 Like

@Covertgrower
@Hellraiser
@SoGnotSOG
@CoyoteCody

Using jacks with 321 formula in coco any idea why dude’s leaves are looking like that?

1 Like

I would think nitrogen or pH issue but I’m not sure. Hopefully somebody else can pinpoint it. Your definitely right on the pH meter. I tossed my yellow cheapo in the trash because it wasn’t reliable. People speak highly of the apera meters around here

1 Like

It’s probably a pH problem. I suspected it a few times when I saw fluctuating numbers over the course of a day in my reservior . So I would calibrate and would be off by .3 sometimes. So yeah it’s gonna work enough to last a couple days until new one comes. Then it’s bye bye to that thing lol .

Thanks for help

1 Like

My pleasure.

One of those guys will be along to confirm or inform us, lol.

Whats your tempms and humidity at?