First grow fem strawberry kush

@garrigan62 @TxGrowman @latewood hey guys i mixed a whole 6lb bag of earthworm castings into 1 large bag of soil is that to much going to be potting in 5 gallon pots this is where i have my soil now

Also going to be using this local product is this okay
re

kabongster vermiculite dosnt Aid in water retention … it will not absorb water ,But what it does is help the soil from becoming compact …it its a heat expanded mineral … works like mini springs :grinning: Hammer …

Did you read the directions on the Worm Castings bag?

You can start a grow with that nutrient but, it is not optimum. :slight_smile:
Happy growing

My bad @Hammer…this is what I read that confused me…

“Vermiculite is an aluminum-iron-magnesium silicate that resembles mica in appearance. For use in horticultural applications, vermiculite is heated to expand the particles. This expansion enables it to absorb moisture when used as a potting medium. Vermiculite can soak up 3 to 4 times its volume in water. It also attracts plant nutrients such as potassium, magnesium, calcium and phosphorus. Perlite is an amorphous volcanic rock that is rich in silicon. When mined for use as a potting medium, perlite is crushed and also heated to expand the particles. The microscopic bubbles in perlite granules absorb and hold water as well, but they also hold air.”

I was looking at the plant food label and I think that it may be a little too high in P to do well in the early stages. I have switched to a 10-10-10 food in dilute solution (about half strength) for the first part of the grow and go to a flowering mixture (more P and K and less N) for flowering. Some stay with 10-10-10 throughout and get good results, just increase the mixture as they get 5-6 nodes to help it grow.

I bought a two part solution from Amazon for my flowering that automatically adjusts the pH of the water to about 6.18. In some plants, you may need to adjust the pH up a little in soil but it sure put out some ass kickin’ buds of Super Sliver Haze ! The whole bag of castings may be a bit much to start out with. This is just my way of doing things but there are many other ways to do it !

Good luck on your grow.

@kabongster .i understand what your saying …But try this way equal parts of each into separate glasses … first weigh them then add water …let set .5 min’s .drain well …remove excess with bath towel, by running it over the surface to remove clinging water . then weigh again , tell me how much they truly absorbed each… … i used to use pro mix A lot years ago … and to get the drainage i Needed at the time … using drip emitters , i would equal parts 1 part promix ,1part vermiculite , 1 part pearlite … TOO Reduce Water Retention … the more of these 2 products i add the less aborbssion… i used pearlite and vermiculite 50/50 mix for clones and could not keep them wet ,Till i added sand .to it to retain H2o … spray foam is porus ,and airy and has a large surface area it doesn’t compact well either …But It Wont soak water up very well either… Just my thoughts …i have used vermiculite to insulate home made kiln’s because itll take High heat, good R-facter and it wont absorb moister in between long uses … ps i Read on a bag of MG soil how good it was , But as you can see on this forum its not so good for all things as it says …LOL LOL .in my humble opinion …And Experience Hammer :eyeglasses:

1 Like

not sure if you aware of this but if you have a decent amount of nitrogen in you nutes and the plants don’t seem like their getting enough , adjust your ph 6.1 to 6.2… (in soil use run testing ) (In hydro) test at res … nitrogen is absorbed well at this range but you’ll start loosening out on the other nutes …for instance i hydro in DWC , i start my water change at 6.2. with all nutes in it then ph , over the 7-8 days i let it drift down or help it do so to 5.6… this allows me to let the plants aborb all nutes better …

… this chart shows the sweet spot for soil and hydro … as bud forms they still need N as well as P and K .at start of bloom i with hold it N by using this ph effect , but once the bud starts form i start my weekly h2o change at 6.2 for 2days then drift it down ,so i don’t get stretch and large airy buds … the P and K will make them dence … Ihope this makes sence … and Yes soil can be manipulated as well But you have to be carefull ,more so then hydro … Study this chart and i think you see the reasoning be hind what i said … Hammer

1 Like

I just started this strain as well .DWC mine got a slow start at moment …

Sorry ive been goneso long here arethe ladies at 13 days @TxGrowman

2 Likes

I kinda ran into that by mistake on a grow but never knew why. I was sweating the pH being too low and the plants took off growing like crazy. When I adjusted the pH, the growth slowed. I have been running a lower pH and my last grow with SSH was good despite being in and out of the hospital while it was growing and having a rookie (Thanks Barnburner) finish the grow. Am getting anxious to start my next grow. Anyway, thanks for the chart. It has good info and should be helpful in the future. Jerry

2 Likes

@TxGrowman ,Just a thought .on the PH .check the meter with a test solution , if its off clean ,test,and then calibrate .Hammer .

1 Like

I always check my pH meter when I come up with an unexpected reading. That is the first thing anyone should do when the readings are off. You want to make sure you are chasing the right thing !

1 Like

Lookin good so far ! Keep 'em going !

2 Likes

I personally check my pH pen every day before I use it. It’s rare that it needs calibration, but I always check anyway. Avoids problems later. :v:

1 Like

Thanks guys i will update more pics later

Latest pics

2 Likes

Here’s some more

1 Like

Just toped my plants

1 Like

I’m watching this, I have ten seeds of it and I want to try it. Want to see what the plants look like.

2 Likes