First Grow Ever!

I thought I was onto something, but like @Graysin said, grey areas brother. Don’t know how they do it, but usps definitely delivered my tomatoes seeds…

2 Likes

Anywayssss… you guys usually wet trim or dry trim? :joy: I’m thinking dry trim, which I’ve read can be a little frustrating: I live for frustrating though. It’s my favorite

1 Like

I take off the fan leaves for the most wart when wet and any really big, easy to get to sugar leaves.
The rest I leave till dry.
So kinda a hybrid approach I guess. LOL!

1 Like

I like the hybrid approach, I shall do that!

Dude - find you some kind of trim bin or silk screen or one of many options out there to do the final trim over. A LOT of trichomes will fall off. If you can collect them up easily there’s a lot you can do with it. Or just add a scoop or two to a joint or bowl is always good too!
I collected this off my four outside ladies as I trimmed them up!

3 Likes

Holy snikeys! I truly love me some keef :drooling_face: yeah I’m pretty far from harvest, so I’ll get me a trim tray online when it’s time. There’s no way I’m wasting that shit lol.

1 Like

I have to dry trim - my environment is too dry to successfully do a wet trim. I did on my first plant and she crisped up in about 24 hours. Too fast of a dry. Even with a humidifier running, just keeping the airflow sufficient often tanks my RH so badly I need all the moisture I can get from my plants to keep the dry a little slower.

2 Likes

Okay so, here in Memphis it is extremely humid in the summer, but for this harvest, I’ll beat that humidity. The closet stays pretty low, like 30-40. That’s right now though. I was going to hang dry them in the same closet. Would the hybrid @Tylersays method work for that? Bigger fan leaves & sugar leaves that I can get to?

1 Like

I’m just taking mental notes for the future, so I don’t have to ask again lol.

1 Like

Probably just strip the fan leaves before you hang to dry.

1 Like

The more leaf or stem or even stalk you hang the slower the dry will be.
Extremely low humidity is hard to overcome however. It literally sucks the moisture straight out of the plant.
Ideally you want a dark place with a lite air flow and exchange with temps and humidity around 60/60%.
Higher humidity lends itself to mold and rot and faster drying will give you a harsh smoke, no matter how long you cure after the dry.
When drying and curing you’re waiting for the moisture from deep inside the buds to push out the chlorophyll(the grassy smell) and evenly distribute the THC and terps through the flower material.
I suspect correct during and curing also contributes to how many trichs ultimately stay on or fall off a bud.

There’s all kinds of drying techniques, but low and slow is the best, IMHO.

3 Likes

Low & slow, got it! It wouldn’t be an issue for me to raise the humidity in there to the right percentage. Might be an issue to get it to 60 degrees temp, but I can figure that out later. Thanks dudes!

2 Likes

Alright guys, I need some help, this girl just doesn’t seem to be doing good the past few days. I’ve googled everything I know it could be, and changed what I needed to change. She’s been super sad for awhile. Any suggestions? @Graysin @Tylersays

4 Likes

There also been no new growth this whole week. I feel like she’s stunned or has nute lock. I literally just changed the water on Wednesday.

2 Likes

The yellow on the leaves would lead you to believe N deficiency, but with Hydro I’m just not sure. And honestly I have no idea how lock out occurs in hydro - soil I can kinda follow how it happens, but with hydro I just have no idea.
Hopefully @Graysin will pop in soon and get you pointed in the right direction.
She’s definitely not to far gone to save - I’ve seen much worse come back from the brink, but obviously the sooner you address the situation, the sooner you can get back to good, productive growth.

In the meantime I’m sending good vibes her way!!

2 Likes

Thank you brother! I much appreciate it! :metal:t2::sunglasses::seedling:

1 Like

Lots of questions for you.

Ph?
Ppms?
Water temp?

Walk me through airflow. Do you have air stones in there (you probably already told me but I forgot)?

And next, where is the water level in relation to the bottom of the net pot?

Lastly, show me photos of the roots.

1 Like

Ph: 5.85
Ppm: 965
Water temp: 67.7
4 inch air stone
Water level around 2 inches below net pot.

3 Likes

Hmm. Does a lot of water come out of the pot when you lift it?

Also have you been adding any microbes to your water (hydroguard, tribus, etc?)

2 Likes

I mean it stays wet from the bubbles of the air stone but nothing major I don’t think.

Yes I add Hydroguard every time I I change water, & that’s always the last thing I add. Maybe I’m not adding enough. But that root system looks very sad. @Graysin