First Grow Ever!

Yes.

Phew good. I looked at the DLI thread for a solid two months before I was willing to even think about it and until I downloaded the app and took some light readings it did nothing for me. Lots of good things there, I just can’t process without practical experience too.

That’s why I have so many near death experiences with my plants. :joy:

3 Likes

Yeah bro, I was not a good school kid lol. Always a hands on learner. hopefully I can get the ball rolling with this! :sunglasses::metal:t2:

2 Likes

On the non iPhones you won’t need a diffuser / piece of paper because we have better sensors. As always :joy:

3 Likes

Unfortunately I have the Steve Jobs. Lol. I think they all suck, but hey, this is our world now! :rofl:

1 Like

So a few things happened in the past day or two. I transplanted one of the girls into her final home. I lost Thelma though. She was handled fo roughly by her pops (me).

Another thing, my PH meter took a sh!t on me today. My local Home Depot & Walmart did not have any. I ordered one on Amazon (won’t be here til next Tuesday). I changed out her water & dosed the nutes accordingly. I just have no idea, If I need to ph up or ph down!

Any other way I could possibly check my ph??

5 Likes

They have Ph tests at pet stores in the aquarium dept. I would probably use one with the drops and vial over the strips ones.
They’re not super accurate though like a pen. But i would think it would get you close enough to the range for a few days at least.

Poor ole’ Thelma. early drive off the cliff,eh? LOL!

I was thinking the other day and meant to mention it but got sidetracked with something, but you should look into some kind of appliance tray, I think they call them. They’re designed to go under like a washer or hot water heater and are like the WeatherTechs and have a nice lip to help prevent spills. In case you might be worried about getting the floor and carpet soaked! You’re in a rental, right? LOL!
Forgive me if I’m mistaken.
It’s a nice preventative measure in case somebody wants to raise hell about a little spilt milk! LOL!

Keep on strokin’ man!!

*Just in case, you know! LOL!

3 Likes

By any chance did you do yourself a solid and order a BlueLab or Apera pH meter? They won’t tank on you like the cheapies will.

4 Likes

I got the Apera guys! :sunglasses::metal:t2:I definitely need an appliance tray :rofl: had a little accident last night actually :tipping_hand_man:t3:

I don’t know if I have any pet shops near me to be honest, I kinda live in bum fuqqq. I’d have to travel to actual Memphis & that’s about 50 mins away. I’ll will search around! Thank you guys!

2 Likes

Rip Thelma, daddy was to rough lol. I dropped another seed last night though :metal:t2:

2 Likes

Update: found a rincky dink aquarium shop, I shall see what they provide after work today! :sunglasses: bless you :seedling::metal:t2: @Tylersays @Graysin

1 Like

Perpetually living without likes but :heart: for all

2 Likes

Rinky dink aquarium closed due to, of course Covid. I’ll just watch her over the weekend carefully, and assess the situation as need be!

1 Like

RIP Thelma.

There will be plenty more to grow in your future! :heart::seedling:

2 Likes

I suspect strongly you’ll be just fine. If they seem strange at all, just give them a good long drink or RO or distilled water. It has no PH so it won’t cause any additional harm.

2 Likes

Yessir that’s what I figured! I got plenty distilled! She’s a strong one! She will be okay! :sunglasses::seedling::metal:t2:

2 Likes

Good morning folk! So I’ve got my Grobo running as well, (not a huge fan) but it’s easy. She’s looking really droopy, and I have no idea why. Anyone have suggestions? @Graysin @Tylersays

4 Likes

Is the root cube wet, and does she have roots sticking out from the bottom of the cube?

At this point I try to just keep the cube moist enough to stop it from contracting and squeezing my roots to death, but too wet will lead to effectively drowning the plant.

1 Like

It looks cool though!!
This will be fun to watch either way.
My not a hydro guy, but what @Graysin said sounds about right to me. It’s pretty much the same in soil for early seedlings.
Wet, but not too wet, etc.

She does look a little “grumpy plant” LOL!

2 Likes

She’s such a grumpy girl! :sob::joy: root cube is mildly damp, nothing seems to be over watered. Here’s a pic. She’s got beautiful roots right now! Should I dome her?

3 Likes

Her roots look like they’re actively dripping at the moment. How often is the off/on for the spray? (I’m assuming blindly that’s what’s going on here)

She really shouldn’t need it at this point, she looks good as far as the roots etc. what’s the RH in the room with her?

1 Like