First Grow Ever!

Not only are you and @Tylersays answering at the same time you are also saying the same thing, It’s cute

2 Likes

Anytime!

1 Like

like @Caligurl suggested and @kaptain3d pointed out …looks suspiciously like stem rot…i have battled this before…the easy way out is to cut, cauterize and move on…i would strongly suggest this route…for the simple reason, if you cannot beat it, it will lead to root decay, … you dont want to go here…my 02…cut well below the affected area, cauterize the stem with the yellow sap in the aloe vera plants leaf…and spray or wipe down the surrounding areas with H2O2…also try and keep the medium as dry as possible for a while …hope this helps… :sunglasses: :v:

4 Likes

HLG came through in about 3 days. Fastest delivery I’ve ever experienced! Now if my last bucket will come in, I can finally transplant the girls to their final home!

4 Likes

That’s the turnaround I’ve had on both of my orders. In fact, my first order I got the tracking number about 30 minutes after the order was placed and it was in the system and on the road the next day. Excellent customer service too from what I understand. I haven’t had any reason to call, but the feedback around here is excellent.

You’re working on getting the DLI dialed in tonight I hope!
I about bleached one of my autos white with too much! LOL!

3 Likes

Yessir! Definitely was a surprise for sure! Everything else these days takes 2 weeks or more.

Yeah I need to read up on that. I’ve got the dimmer knob all the way down right now til i figure it out lol.

2 Likes

Here’s the thread -

Start Using DLI

3 Likes

You da man, thank you :metal:t2::sunglasses:

2 Likes

We aim to please!! LOL!

I just can’t wait to watch your space come together and your ladies take off!
The only thing better than watching your own plants grow is watching someone else’s. LOL!

1 Like

Shooot if it wasn’t for you guys, I wouldn’t have any damn plants growing :rofl: I drool over y’all’s plants daily!

That is very confusing at the moment right now, just so you know. It’ll take me a little bit. I’m terrible at comprehending words to action lol. I’ll have to reread @Nicky post a few times! I’ll figure it out though!

2 Likes

It’s pretty simple when it all clicks with you actually!
The most important parts are the app and the chart.
There’s freebie apps that get it close enough and then just take your average from your app readings and compare that to the chart. Then use the dimmer to raise or lower the intensity until you hit that average across the space.

Most people hit the corners and middle of the space for their average, but obviously different spaces will require different amounts of reading, etc.
Then simple math to get your average then done!

Like anything it gets easier the more you do it.

1 Like

Really can’t wait 2 see the girls take over and great set up already

2 Likes

You & me both brother! Thank you guys! :metal:t2::sunglasses:
The DLI is gonna take me a bit. My squirrel brain will wrap around it eventually!

2 Likes

Nah. It’s this easy:

1: download Photone on your phone
2: set it to read DLI
3: set it on the Sun/Direct setting
4: change the Hours to however many you’re running your lights for - I’m on 18/6 in my veg tent
5: measure the light from the top of your plants - pick 3-4 points around the top of the plants and average those readings together

That’s your “average DLI”

You want your average DLI to fall along this chart:

The reason is because the most your plant is ever going to make use of (without CO2 and other unnecessary growth aides) is around 50 DLI - I.e. it will stop absorbing and making use of more light than that (windfall/diminishing returns) so you may as well not exceed 50-60 by too much throughout the grow. It will just stress out your plant.

Trust me, it felt like too much to me, too. Photone makes it easy.

Here’s my other post on @Nicky ’s thread with the “DLI for Dummies” nutshell version - he does a much better job explaining it, but I digested it easier in pieces. Start using DLI - #405 by Graysin

3 Likes

Is Photone iPhone only or do they have a version for superior phones? :laughing:
I use PPFD meter on the S21+…I will NOT get the 22…I will NOT get the 22…LOL!
I actually won’t! I skip a generation - these bastards ain’t cheap these days!

I believe you have to use a white paper filter with iPhone too, don’t you?
Otherwise it sounds like the apps work the same.

3 Likes

:rofl: Photone is on both android and Apple. I think on Android you don’t need a light diffuser but for Apple you do. Ya know, the ever so sophisticated sheet of printer paper.

3 Likes

Does that have to be wired directly to the mainframe or can you use it from a remote server?
Bring back Windows Millennium!!

2 Likes

I told you I still use a computer with windows 95 on it right? :rofl: it might be 94, I can’t remember. The newer ones apparently don’t run the chemistry software as well.

3 Likes

Dude - they need to diversify their bonds!
WTH? Windows 95? When’s the last patch y’all got from Microsoft? 2003? 2004? LOL!
That’s a museum piece for just still running!

3 Likes

@Graysin @Tylersays y’all are nutzzz! :rofl: I woke up to a very interesting conversation! That layout helped though! Preeshhhhh ate it!

1 Like