First Grow Ever, RDWC 2WW(fem)

Hey guys can anyone tell me what has caused this damage?

1 Like

@Myfriendis410 @Grandaddy013 @dbrn32 @spyonyou

1 Like

@TDubWilly I’ve been seeing alot of good things from your rdwc grows.

2 Likes

After my seeds sprout, I leave them in the humidity dome for 7days. Then they go into hydro full strength. I’m using Jack’s.
Plants look good

3 Likes

From the fimming more than likely… :+1::wink:
:v::sunglasses:

2 Likes

Thank you. I don’t really mess with to much rdwc anymore though. Your plants look fine btw. Perfect green :+1:

1 Like

How are you growing now @TDubWilly? You had the best scrog plant I have EVER seen in your hydro system!

1 Like

Lol I use the autoPot system and grow in coast of Maine soil.

1 Like

Hi guys little update. 18 days in the bubble pots. they are going absolutely wild.
pH has been stable the whole time everything looks good except the damage to the leaves shown before. I may have fimmed a few more of the tops… time will tell me if that was a mistake.

Left#1

Right#2

1 Like

yo guys update, 28 days in bubble pots and 4 days into 12/12 nothing seems wrong although the roots have made thier way into the res.

pretty bad pics i need to change camera settings for hps.

2 Likes

So had a disaster at the weekend where roots clogged the return pipe and the pots overflowed. Was a pain in the ass to sort out as I had to drain and dismantle the whole setup. I hadn’t done a full water change since starting the roots were always looking good. It’s getting real stinky even though there are no flowers yet. Anyway onwards and upwards. 10 days flowering stage:

1 Like

20 days flowering all is well!

1 Like

Hey guys, so I was having an issue with smell, I upgraded my carbon filter to a rhino pro and that didn’t really fix it. I’m running filter to reflector to fan, I discovered that the reflector has so much holes in it that was probably the issue. I out the other filter on the very end of the extractor line and that sorted the smell, I also taped up some of the holes on the unused sleeves. When I went to check them this morning the humidity is insane, the walls were all wet and humidity was 90% is this an airflow issue I’ve created? I Def have negative pressure but… @peachfuzz @TDubWilly @Myfriendis410 @spyonyou @dbrn32

3 Likes

See if you can hook a dehumidifier up to the intake of your tent kinda like this.

It will exhaust the dehumidified air into your tent.

1 Like

Unfortunately my intake is passive. I can’t really justify spending more money until this crop has finished. So I didn’t have an issue until I added a filter on the end of the exhaust. I did stupidly have it placed next to the intake vent at the bottom of the tent. I have moved it and humidity has dropped by 10% so far. I’m wondering if the filter is not allowing as much air to exhaust as was before? Its hard to tell if it feels like the same amount of air coming through. I have a small dehumidifier that I have placed in the tent to try and dry the walls a bit and opened the vent slightly more.

2 Likes

Sounds like you may not have been expelling enough air from your tent. Did you move filter to top opposite side of your intake?

2 Likes

You definitely need to get that fixed…
That’s way too much humidity…
:v::sunglasses:

3 Likes

So much for that making any sense. Thanks blueberry. What I meant to say was I agree with @dbrn32. You should move your exhaust fan to the highest point of the tent to remove heat and humidity.
And that manufacterers of fans (especially the cheaper ones) don’t tell you that airflow is cut by up to 50% when you add a carbon filter. I am not naming names here. But it is listed in the fine print on one fan maker’s website… good luck with your grow!

2 Likes

If I’m not mistaken, you will cause you charcoal filter to prematurely ruin using it while you have a lot of humidity.

2 Likes

Hey guys thanks for your input the filter that is on the intake side is as high as it can get, currently it is carbon filter->reflector->centerfugal fan->out of tent ->carbon filter. The reflector is the least well sealed thing ever and the issues only began occuring when I added the carbon filter on the end but it is sitting on the floor you think if I can raise it up it will improve airflow? I’m thinking I could just add the second filter when required. Where I live I can get away with the smell most of the time but the neighbours do come into my garden on occasion that I will know about. I have the tent in my shed, my main concern has always been fire safety I just bought my first house and don’t want to burn it down and even then there is no space for a tent that size inside with all my recording studio equipment.