First Grow ever Need lots of Help

My 4 babies again

They look hungry but I don’t have an articulate reason why.

Edit: I see the Q right under this post. Lol. I think it’s time to bump up the nutes.

My lower leaves are curling downward. Could this be needing more water or more nutrients? Could it be high humidity? @Graysin @dbrn32 @iDontKnowGrow @Nicky @MattyBear

1 Like

So you think they are getting too much of the Nutes?

How low?

1 Like

Not enough. But I’d need PPMs in your runoff.

Pictures?
Sometimes lower leafs just are old and unhealthy… Hence how low?
Pictures worth a thousand words? (grow lights off flash on)

1 Like

Are the pictures Posted 6 messages above good enough?

2 Likes

Sorry. I was asking about the temps posted little further up.

Oh sorry the temp is getting to 67. @dbrn32

1 Like

@Nicky You are working with Coco right?

2 Likes

@dbrn32 and @Nicky @Graysin My EC in was 1.7 My PH in was 5.4. My EC out is 2.2 and PH out was 5.7.

So you’re running around 80f lights on and dropping to 68f lights off? That sounds pretty ideal to me.

Relative Humidity is measure of moisture content in the air in comparison to how much it could hold. So it’s only natural that when temp changes the relative humidity will also change. When the air temperature changes it will be able to hold more or less water. So when you see a change in temperature the same amount of moisture in the air will measure a different relative humidity.

Best way to control this is to have the equipment to control/adjust conditions of your makeup or intake air.

5 Likes

@dbrn32 Thank you sooooooo much! Yes I am running temp from 68 with lights off to around 75 lights on!

2 Likes

I am afraid I just messed up my best plant because I FIMmed her at the 3rd node. Hope I didn’t ruin the best one! @Not2SureYet @Nicky @dbrn32 @Graysin

1 Like

I Miscounted and then I FIMmed her.

1 Like

You should be fine if you just let her grow (let her buck!) and treat them all well.

My apologies I didn’t scroll up, thought I did but I didn’t.

I do use coco yes, I got. Away from dirt a year and a half ago.

I don’t work in EC and most here don’t do might want to start getting comfy with tds on the 500 scale to make life easier for everyone, even most nutrient companies work in tds.

The leaf warp there is odd, often this can be from incorrect PH or the odd time from excessive wind. Just a heads up, aside from that they look good and your Temps good.

Are you using a controller for your exhaust fan or how are you running it?

Also did you end up printing off a VPD chart or keeping a digital copy on your phone/pc

2 Likes

What is VPD again? Yes I am using a controller for my exhaust fan. Also I just bought my EC meter and it was expensive. Can you covert from EC to 500 scale?

2 Likes

VPD is short for Vapor Pressure Deficit which shows what the difference ( deficit ) between the amount of moisture in the air and how much moisture the air can hold when it is saturated.

In English VPD is the ratio of moisture potential in the air when measured against the temperature of the room. The higher the temperature, the more moisture the air can hold. It’s a bit of a double edged sword since hot and humid begets mold, but weed likes a moist environment. For growers, it’s just a “target” - i.e. I keep my veg tent around 75°, so my RH ought to be around 50-70%. I have my flower tent closer to 85°-90°, meaning I really shouldn’t let my RH get lower than 60%. It’s sitting around 25% and my plants couldn’t care less. So its a chart to attain optimal growing conditions but don’t think you’re gonna murder anything if you fall outside the “ideal” parameters.

Yeah. Here’s a chart - Hanna is the 500 scale.

2 Likes

Nope. I just fimmed my “prized seed” at … maybe the second node. Unintentional but not worried about it at all. They’re resilient. Keep on keeping on, as long as you do your best to keep growing conditions good, they’ll continue to grow.

2 Likes