First Grow ever Need lots of Help

@Graysin wow she is looking so great!

1 Like

I had to tie her down with the old Binder Clip + twist tie strat since she insists on following the light :joy: looking forward to what happens. But also very keenly aware it’s one of 2 reg seeds I’ve got (errr 3, but only 2 of the Purple Urkle) and chances of male or herm seem real high.

Brave the FIM yet? Or waiting for the clips to arrive? :v:

2 Likes

Waiting for the clips. I am excited to do it though. I will send pics. Thanks again for all your help! @Graysin

1 Like

@Graysin Awesome fim ex. very descriptive photos help me so much more then just text tysm amazing really

2 Likes

When I first came here I was told I’ll grow ok but won’t make BOM or anything with what I got. Ik I won’t make BOM but prolly make NYs smallest plants ever smh why are they so small but flowering already? Is it from me?

2 Likes

They’re on their own timer. They think they’re mature. It’s like unruly teenagers. :rofl:

Part of it was new grower issues, my first auto (that Gelato in the sad background of all my photos of the Lemon Tree) is legitimately at most 12” tall, I’d be stunned if she’s really that much. Yours have more room to grow still but don’t worry. The second set of autos you drop will inherently be better because you’re armed with more knowledge than before.

1 Like

@Graysin Thnx once again growmie I don’t think :thinking: I’m doing autos next round. I was looking at seeds last night I think I’m going with feminized GELAZZI (gelato #33 x animal cookies) this place has fem and reg seeds I don’t see any autos are autos the same as femenized? I read all autos are fem but not all fem are auto I just want to be able to control flower and I want to try cloning.

1 Like

No, autos and feminized are different. You want feminized seeds. I grew some regular seeds and have had to chuck 2 for 2 of them being male. Fems have a 90-99% chance of being ladies. Much better than 50/50.

There are non-feminized autos. That’s what my OGesus was. Major disappointment because it was primed to be a beast and I lost the other 4 seeds I had for that strain somewhere.

1 Like

@Graysin Oh wow good to know ty. I know I screwed a few things up but I’m wondering if my water is the thing screwn me up. That’s the only thing I’m not really controlling just been giving bottle/purified water about everyday until 4 days ago. I never gave much water iv never had a run off, am I under watering them? I know I was watering too often but I’m thinking not enough Idk. I watered today I gave about 500ml(1 water bottle) each with no run off but seemed to really soak the soil. I started lifting them to get a feel for weight but it was really light still so I gave them about 250ml each so total 1 1/2 water bottles. Should I soak until I get a run off?

1 Like

Yes. Sort of. Maybe.

What you’re really doing by not watering to runoff is allowing exhausted minerals to build up in your soil, such as salt, which the plant can’t utilize. They’re sitting in the dirt wasting space and affecting plant PH, albeit slowly over time, the eventual buildup can cause major issues including nutrient lockout.

I suggest watering with a specific amount of water - while my plant is flowering she is taking about 3 gallons of water to generate 20% runoff. I would feed each plant 1 gallon of water and be looking for approximately 26 ounces of runoff. That translates into 1.5-2 solo cups, more or less.

If you water with 1 gallon and get less than that, next time you water, give them 1.5 gallons. If you get more than that, try 3/4 of a gallon next time you water.

Yeah, that generally means they’re not getting enough water. Follow the steps above :arrow_up: about watering to runoff, and you should find each pot is nice and saturated.

2 Likes

Ty I understand it more now your awesome I appreciate you tysm

1 Like

@Graysin I watered some more I have water dripping out the bottom now. I have a plate under each one right side up I’m guessing I wouldn’t see the run off like that. I just flipped it so it doesn’t collect my runoff. Is that what I want? I’m trying to figure out like you said lift it up now n I can tell it’s holding water it’s a lot heavier now. My only issue is the run off on my tents floor now lol

Man IV been lucky so far my basement hasn’t flooded but we have flood warning right now everything might be destroyed if it gets bad. I did everything I could I even have a 17’ quick dam around most of my tent

Man that is so scary! I sure hope you don’t have a flood to ruin your plants!

Haha yeah I just used the seed propagation trays I got from Amazon to put under my pots for when I water to runoff. It doesn’t hold a lot but it does keep my tent from getting soaked :rofl:

If they’re heavy, then you’re in business. Now you gotta wait for them to lighten up again before you water. Resist the urge to keep the soil damp. Full dry = light pot = time to water. :+1:

Fingers crossed for you, man.

2 Likes

@Graysin okay I accidentally forgot to cut off my light yesterday at 5 so I cut it off last night at 12 and turned the light back on at 6. Is it okay if I cut the light back off at 5 right now and then cut it back on at 11 for just this one time?

2 Likes

Should be fine. Cloudy days happen all the time in nature. :v:

2 Likes

Bro your awesome @Graysin you always come thru so quick and you explain everything in laments so even people like me understand tysm your a huge asset to this forum :+1::+1::clap:

Thank you so much @ Grayson! You are so helpful! You really are a Saint!

1 Like

@VOL4LIFE you should be ok I think that matters when in flower but you should be ok you don’t have a timer? Put your light on a timer so it’ll never happen.

1 Like

You are right. I need to buy a timer.

1 Like