First Grow ever Need lots of Help

PS you are in great hands with the growers that have already responded.

2 Likes

Let me fix that for you… @dbrn32

5 Likes

Just catching up.

2 Likes

@Calizona - thanks for helping out! I knew when I typed something was wrong!

2 Likes

LOL cyberspace ate my post. I was trying to post that you are in good hands with the growers that responded so far. @oldmarine

5 Likes

Your light is 240w of burple power so max 2 plants.

7 gallon pot is not necessary but will work 5 gallon is lots, some just use 3 but I like 5.

1 Like

What is make and model of the light? A lot of them not as good as they like to make out. 5x5 is big space, will need a lot of light.

2 Likes

I changed my tent to 4 ft X 4ft X 80 inches. My light is a Max Champion 600 watt. I need to know how high to set my light above my plants and what setting to set it at for optimal growth.

2 Likes

I wasn’t able to find specs for it?

2 Likes

I now have 2 of my lights but I was going to return them and get reg LEDs not burples. I’m just trying to grow to plants

@VOL4LIFE how are you making out? I haven’t even set up yet I’m returning my LEDs for bulbs so I can have the right energy source for my girls.

Working on best Germination technique. What is the best method and what is best technique after you see the tap root emerge. I am trying not to transplant because I am using AF.

1 Like

@oldmarine @dbrn32 I am trying to determine the best Germination technique. What do you all recommend?

24 hours in distilled water (luke warm, darkness). Then put into your pot . This minimizes any stress to the plant, same as avoiding a transplant.

4 Likes

@GardenDan thank you so much for your help.

@dbrn32 my light is showing PPFD of 1050 at 24" above the canopy.

How many true watts are you working with?

I finally have everything I need to start. I went with a 1000w HPS light for flowering and 1000w MH for vegetation. I’m using just add water SoHum Living Soil, I have Great White and Recharge. I thought I’d use great white on the roots of seedling then add recharge after about 6 weeks to boost my soil back up. Now I don’t know what they are really for. Is recharge pretty much the same thing as Great White, can you use both, and what is recharge really for? I only have a small amount of both of them. What else do I need for nutrients for my best yeild? Cal Mag?

2 Likes

I’m using GG#4 Auto Fems seeds and I planned on starting with a 50/50 mix of SoHum and a light potting soil, then I’ll transplant in to a 7 gall fabric pot. (So I went with 7 gall. thinking you could always use less soil and have more space. Am I going to be ok if I only use 5 gall of soil in a 7gall pot?) I can’t wait for this, tomorrow I’m going to start germn.

It is my understanding that you are not supposed to transplant Autoflowering plants but that is just what I have read.