First Grow ever Need lots of Help

I use my tap water. It’s filtered enough to not have issues with chlorine, but my PPMs are still around 150-200 and it’s more often than not extremely alkaline. If there’s one thing my city is notorious for, it’s extremely hard water.

If I used distilled or RO, I’d likely need a touch of silica or pH up to get it in range.

our is 8.5, often

1 Like

Mine is 7.8-8.2 out of the faucet. After i mix nutrients its down to 6.8-7 a little ph down and its good to go

1 Like

I’d so much sooner FIM than top an auto. No real reason it would be “bad.” Of the two, it’s much lower stress. I prefer FIM’d or topped autos to untrained autos.

1 Like

Thank you @Graysin i think I will FIM mine this time too!

1 Like

I Need help

1 Like

What do you need help with?

The pics look good. A bit small but that’s not at all unusual when they’re young.

@Graysin I have one plant in my autopot system that is having trouble with yellowing on 4 of the leaves. I will put pics up when I get back home. Really needing your help!

1 Like

@Graysin

4 Likes

Huh. That’s odd. Let’s ask the experts.
@dbrn32 @HappyHydroGrower @Not2SureYet @OGIncognito @AfgVet thoughts about the yellowing on those lower leaves?

One plant, autopots, Jacks nutes. Don’t recall the rest.

3 Likes

Outer leaves look like this all the way around plants, or just these specific spots?

2 Likes

Thanks Graysin!!

Did they just show up or has it been slowly getting worse over the last 3 weeks?
Got pictures from two weeks ago? A week ago?

Ever have any chemicals around them when the plant was younger?

Did those leaves ever touch the ground/soil?

If it’s the first and or second set of true leaves only, I would say old damage which almost always gets worse with time. No worries there.

How’s the new growth look?
Keep an eye on the new growth.

If it continues to get worse over the next week or two then we may need to think of something else. Good luck and keep’em growin! :+1:t2::v::sunglasses:

4 Likes

Appreciate that @Graysin still a fledgling compared to you :joy: but I have the same questions as @HappyHydroGrower :love_you_gesture:

4 Likes

They have just gradually shown up and they are just those specific spots. It is also just the one plant.

1 Like

Just those specific spots. The new growth looks great.

1 Like

Here is new growth

2 Likes

I suck at leaf reading. I had a few show burn issues from laying on another leaf. From the water left behind. But I see yours is on the outer edge. So I guess I am no help. If it was mine. I would just snip of the bad part and keep going. And if it happened again. I would look into it more.

3 Likes

Just those specific spots

Sorry didn’t mean to answer your question twice.

I am having a heck of a time with answeing your question twice. Sorry!