First Grow ever Need lots of Help

Thanks so much!!! I am really looking forward to this grow because of the autopot system!

2 Likes

I looked but didn’t see what nutes you are running. I use Jacks and only need to check my ph every 3 days if it last that long. If you only have the one plant. I would recommend using just 5 gallons at a time. here is a chart I made for mine if you are interested. I measure from the top of the can down. It lets me see how many gallons I have left in the rez. The top half is for the autopot us system. The lower is for my gogrow autopots. I only fill to 11 gallons when they are totally empty. So 2" from the top is a full 11 gallons

1 Like

They’re ready! Woohoo!!!

1 Like

Thank you soooooooo much!!! I am beyond excited! I never knew growing plants could be so rewarding!!! Thank you again for all of your alls help!!!

1 Like

I am really tempted to try the autopot system maybe put that on this years Christmas list. Nice work @VOL4LIFE thank you fpr keeping tn green.

3 Likes

The autopot system is worth it. It sucks having to water several times a week especially after a long day. A dripper style setup has so many potential issues where if it goes bad and you are at work a downstairs neighbor may ask why their apartment is flooded. The autopot system seems more natural so its not drenched and its not dry. One of our senior cultivation technicians told me to do autopot as its easier to setup and maintain.

3 Likes

The autopot system is so simple to set up and it saves you loads of time!! I’m so excited about this first grow with the autopots!

1 Like

@Graysin should I FIM my plants and is it necessary to SCROG if you FIM your ladies?

Is it hard/possible to add to the autopots? I ordered the 4 pot system as its what i could afford but i’d like to add 4 more in a few weeks can i just buy the connectors and add them?

1 Like

I’m pretty sure you can just order the connectors and add more pots but we will have to ask @Graysin to be sure.

I usually do.

Never necessary to scrog. It’s grower’s choice. Imo doing a fim or 3 makes it much easier to fill a scrog net before you flip them to flower.

So if you’re planning to SCROG, I’d top/fim liberally for a couple of weeks. If you’re just wanting max yields, I’d top or fim her once, then again on the two or three colas that result from the initial top/fim. It’ll give you a nice even distribution of colas that don’t have the same apical dominance that an untrained plant would have.

1 Like

More pro advice from graysin. That’s how they teach us to top plants at work, and there are 400 8-10 foot beauties in a room.

It’s stupid easy.

I started with a 2 pot system. Added 4 more pots later. Added 4 more pots again later. The trick is really getting enough tubing and connectors to be able to add on to the system, but thankfully the rubber tube connections are cheap and abundant in the lawn and garden section of most hardware stores. The water lines for autopots are nearly identical to waterlines for an underground sprinkler system. It’s just knowing what the OD is of the tubing that connects them - honestly I’d just measure the tubing they send you in the system you got and buy an extra 50 feet somewhere else.

I have my system set up with valves for each pot and at each connection (to the reservoir and to each “system”, I have 2 routes, one for plants in veg and one for plants in flower, both feed off the same res but I need to be able to off/on my veg girls more often than the flowering ones). All the parts are next to free at a hardware store or on Amazon. $0.50 apiece or something.

1 Like

Ahhh. Okay okay. Thank you :slight_smile: as always coming in clutch. Now it makes sense why the guy asked me if i needed tubing when i bought the flood trays lol. I took a screenshot of the auto pot list of stuff and just going to try and find all that local and what can be found cheaper.

Yep, perfect. The valves and trays are the part you can’t really get elsewhere - the rest is cheaper in other places. I actually am using a 32 gal Rubbermaid trash can from Home Depot for my reservoir. All it took was a uniseal and a drill bit.

1 Like

I’m so excited. I just need it to take the pressure off. I’ve stressed them really bad twice now and it has basically halted their growth. I plan to cut clones from this plant so continuously stressing it out doesn’t seem smart. The 4 system will be a 12 pot system soon enough lol

1 Like

When i top this one the inner section will get topped and turned into clones. Hopefully by then the outside will fully turn up

1 Like

You’ll know whether the genetics are worth preserving the more you stress it. For whatever that’s worth. I’ve caused stress herms in an otherwise totally perfect plant, so I know not to breed her but that she’s fine to keep as a clone mother. :v: Nothing else I do to her caused herms, just extreme high temps, light, and drought. As I often do to most of my plants. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I keep reading that it is bad to FIM autos but I did it on my first grow but not my second grow. Not sure which way I should go with it…

1 Like

Why is your feed water mix PH so high? or is that a resivoir mixed reading?
Just wondering (soil only knowledge). Thanks