First Grow ever Need lots of Help

@Graysin Do you think I should wait to turn on my autopots?

1 Like

I’d probably give them another week, they’re still a bit small.

1 Like

Thanks so much for the Info!! I will wait another week!

1 Like

This is just my o2. These shouldn’t be in the trays till you are ready to turn them on. You want the run off for every watering. I do a feed to run off every other day when they are small. The coco never really drys out to much. Also, your plant is big enough that I would be watering on the out side edge now and not the center. This will grow the roots outwards. And give you a more stable plant once it goes into a tray… I only get the film on top of my reservoir if I add additives. If I just use Jacks and silica. I have a clear rez I can see to the bottom on.
My way is not the only was as @Nicky does his similar to your way. And I believe @ashhhh may also.
I try to do my grows in autopots similar to how I would top feed them. Your little one is looking great there :+1: Thanks for the tag @Graysin I was following this but am pretty far behind. :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

@Graysin 2 of my plants are touching the sides but 2 of them are not. Should I go ahead and start my autopots or should I still wait until all of them are touching the sides?

2 Likes

I’d probably hold off til they’re all big enough for the bottom watering.

1 Like

Thanks so much @Graysin I’ll hold off til then

2 Likes

@Graysin Do I need a circulation pump in my resevoir to keep nutrient mixed up and to eliminate film on top of the water?

2 Likes

Getting an aquarium wave maker is a cheap solution that lots of folks have used. I don’t yet but am seriously considering it - the longer my reservoir sits the grosser it looks :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you sooooo much for the quick response!!! I will look into that! So you havent had any problems without the pump? Can you send me a link to one like you mentioned?

2 Likes

Something like this:

Bigger reservoir = bigger wave maker or multiple littles.

And I dunno about “no problems” without it. Like I said, my reservoir tends to take on a bit of a funk after a while. I suspect the wave maker would mitigate that to a degree.

2 Likes

It is crazy how much the prices have went up. I use one of these in each 12 gallon rez. I used to pay 12 bucks for a pair of these.

2 Likes

Thank you for helping!

1 Like

I watched a video on Autopots and it said something about cleaning the little rubber tab as well as replacing it. Any idea what they are talking about? @Graysin

1 Like

They could mean the little rubber gasket inside the aquavalve. There’s a small blue rubber bit that keeps the floats water-tight. I’ve had to put mine back on before after cleaning out the line and cleaning the valve generally. Never needed to replace it (at least not yet)

2 Likes

@Grayain Did you have to do anything to the little rubber tab prior to initial use?

Nope. They’re just plug and play until you need to do a line cleanout or something. Usually if you’re careful to not put crap in the reservoir that gets gummy (molasses, recharge, etc) then it’ll just need a good clean between grows.

2 Likes

Thank you so much @Graysin! I really appreciate your help more than you know!

2 Likes

Look at my new babies on the Autopot!!

@Graysin

3 Likes

You are off to a great start. You are going to love how easy things get now :grin:

2 Likes