First Grow ever Need lots of Help

Silica is basically microscopic glass like sharp rock/sand.
It cuts your airways up and your lungs end up with permanent damage, people end up with COPD. Then the right side of your heart works harder because of your damaged lungs and that leads to an enlarged right sided heart because of the pulmonary hypertension, leading to heart failure if the wrecked lungs don’t get you first.

My father in law worked in cementing, he owns a cement company now and he’s so strict on it but his lungs are damaged now and its to late.

My lungs are damaged from genetical issues but I still deal with the cardiac problems starting and I’m only 33… Our whole bodies tied together wreck one part and it just slowly damages something else crucial

Deep I know lol.

3 Likes

Okay I don’t see any bugs and I only had a lone :mushroom: in my Coco Coir and Perlite mixture; however, my plants have had a couple of holes in the leaves. What do I do?

@Nicky @Graysin @Not2SureYet

4 Likes

It looks like some thing big is dining in there. Other than my mouse. nothing has ate a plant like that. @dbrn32 is on and may have an idea.

2 Likes

Treat it like a pest problem. Neem oil, captain Jack’s dead bug, sticky fly traps for good measure. All are safe to use on little ones, just be sure to do it after lights out

2 Likes

Remeber you can wear one of those blue medical masks or something similar to protect your lungs from the silica.

Around here they are handing them out everywhere for free =p

3 Likes

Ty so much I don’t know why I was thinking it’s safe due to people ingesting it I most definitely will wear a mask I just got it I’m going to use it today thank you for your help and giving me the info for it always appreciate great help tysm

1 Like

I just calibrated my pH meter and tested my water it says 8.2 I thought it was good using purified water. My tap water reads 7.0. How do you bring ph down or up what’s a good ph?

What’s the TDS/PPMs of your purified water? Cuz anything under 100 ppms (on a 500 scale) can’t be accurately PHd - there’s not enough of anything in it to carry a ph. Add nutrients, then PH up or down afterward. Trying to adjust it beforehand is just a waste of time and material.

PH Down and PH Up are my recs. Like so: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B076MDB3TR/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_JFV25EA3YA9V6KRRWDCQ
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003OUDTWE/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_228AZVSE38XC173KCCMF

I’m using General Hydroponics PH Up and Down right now but others have recommended Advanced Nutrients because it lasts longer - not sure either way but one of those will do better than anything else.

Home solutions are: baking soda for up; lemon juice, vinegar, or citric acid for down.
Home solutions are a quick fix and they’re inherently temporary in nature. Lots of growers use them fine.

1 Like

First # was 3 the number on the bottom said 220 but even out of water the bottom didn’t change

Oh boy
Gonna need a photo of your TDS meter so I know what’s going on.

1 Like

Lol sorry here’s a pic.

2ppm

Yeah the top is what you want. 2 ppms means not enough to accurately PH. If you are feeding straight water, that’s good. Just use the filtered water just like that and measure runoff for PH so you can keep an eye on what’s going on in your roots. The other number is 20.0° Celsius, it’s just the water temp reading.

If you are going to be giving nutrients with your water, add the nutrients, stir well and then check the PH. Then you’ll know if you need to adjust up or down. :+1:

PS I’m out of likes (still. Again? Can someone increase my quota? :joy: ) so :sparkling_heart:

5 Likes

Awesome tysm again your a true growmie homie I appreciate you. I’m using SoHum they say to be between 6.0-6.5 do you :thinking: think I killed my soil? My plants seem fine but I water them a little once a day with molasses and great white mixed in. I had no idea my pH was so high IV been switching between purified and spring water.

This is probably the only thing that really strikes me as a problem. Cannabis does best on wet/dry cycles. I’d water once real good and let it dry out. Then water again when it’s dry/the pot is light.

2 Likes

Ty I’m out of likes as well. I know I’m not supposed to keep soil wet since I put in 5 gall of soil I haven’t drenched the soil so it dries out in a cpl hours and I water again very little few hrs before light goes off. I’m going to let dry 24 hrs before next water and water more less often. I’m wondering if I messed up my soil with the high pH no chlorine or chloride though I think I read that messes with soil I don’t have any nutes besides great white n recharge I haven’t tried the recharge but they love the great cwhite

1 Like

I just want to take some time and thank everyone who has helped me and other first time growers. You all have given your time and knowledge. So, TY so much! @JaneQP @dbrn32 @Graysin @oldmarine @iDontKnowGrow @Not2SureYet @Nicky… and any others I may have forgotten!!!

6 Likes

Hello, just started my first grow and looking for advice.
(All amazon products)
Tent - [BloomGrow 32’‘x32’‘x63’’ Grow Tent + 4’’ Inline Fan Filter Duct Combo + 300W LED Light + Hangers + Hygrometer + Shears + 24 Hour Timer + Trellis Netting Indoor Grow Tent Complete Kit]
Soil - [Espoma AP4 4-Quart Organic Potting Mix]
Nutrient - [General Hydroponics pH Control Kit for a Balanced Nutrient Solution]
Soil Formula - [Fox Farm Liquid Nutrient Trio Soil Formula - Big Bloom, Grow Big, Tiger Bloom Pint Size (Pack of 3)]
Beginner Pots - [Gardzen 3-Set Garden Propagator Set, Seed Tray Kits with 36-Cell, Seed Starter Tray with Dome and Base 6.6" x 4.5" (12-Cell Per Tray)]
Transfer Pots -
FLYSE 5-Pack 1 Gallon Grow Bags Heavy Duty Container Thickened Nonwoven Fabric Plant Pots with Handles, with Gloves and Shovel

My white widow auto’s just germinated so I’m wondering if I should change anything. Thanks in advance.

2 Likes

My experience is bigger is always better with grow media and light. This is a challenging question, as there are many variables that must be considered to answer this question. What strain, where are you growing, how much space do you have, conditions, etc? Have you read Bergman’s grow instructions, and spent a little time browsing the resources available on this site? Everything you need to know is right in front of you.

1 Like

No, you’re just fine. That “high ph” is artificial because your PPMs are so low - water with less than 100ppms don’t have anything to create a PH to read. So if your PH meter reads 4 or 10, it’s wrong anyway. That’s why so many growers use reverse osmosis water -
It’s 100% pure water with no dissolved solids and will take on the PH of the medium and give you an accurate read of what’s really in your soil (or coco). For you, you’re going to want to check the PH of your run off and the PH of your nutrient solution when you give your plants a feed, but not the plain purified water.

1 Like

It’s what we’re all here for! I’m (still!!!) out of likes. :sparkling_heart:

4 Likes