First grow ever GSC Extreme auto

image image

Hello,

I’m growing a GSC Extreme auto and site info mentioned a harvest time of 7-9 weeks. I’m approaching 8 weeks. Does this mean total weeks or weeks within the flowering stage??

Additionally, I have some spots on the leaves. I believe that it may be from going too hard on my nutes during week 6. The last three waterings in week 7, I did ph water only 6.8; then sledgehammer flush; then ph water of about 6.7 with two tsp of molasses per gallon. I’m not sure rather to give a light feeding of bloom and overdrive nutes or water only from this point until harvest.

Please see pictures

5 Likes

A pic in natural light or with a flash. 8 weeks in the flowering stage. My last auto was almost 13 weeks from sprouting.

3 Likes

As @Deepsix mentioned always take photos with your purple lights off. Ideal pictures are taken in natural lighting or in complete darkness with your flash turned on. Another great idea for growing cannabis is to get a USB microscope from Amazon the cost should be about $15 this will allow you to upload images of your trichomes that are too great magnifications which is the only true way to tell if cannabis is ready to harvest. Generally autos are given gowth timelines from seed to harvest, but these are Under ideal conditions and usually in Hydro or cocoa soil temps to take longer. Please upload the images and we can give you a better idea of where you’re sitting

2 Likes

Welcome to the community ! I finished a couple of ILGM Girl Scout cookie extreme autos, mine took about 14 weeks.

Thanks for the quick responses. I have a jeweler magnifier and the trichomes appear very clear, so maybe not time yet. I have a few more pics below without lights off and camera flash on.

Let me know what y’all think. @kellydans that’s not bad, I’m not in a rush. Do you have pics of your grow? I want to be sure that if they have some time to go that I can restart giving nutes.

4 Likes

2 Likes

I did take a couple pictures at the end. I did fim

the top of mine one time at about 4 full sets of leafs notice the center of the plant you can see the multiple buds. My two were not real big but they stacked up buds nice.

5 Likes

@Deepsix @Nicky @kellydans what do you y’all think about the spots on the leaves? Is it okay to restart the feeding and give 1/2 bloom nutes? I would say it’s almost 9 weeks from planting the seed and maybe 4-5 weeks in flower.

1 Like

Feed cal mag to fix that from getting worse
No such thing as half a dose.
Water your plant, read run off, feed appropriate amount right after. This is what a tds pen is for.

How much should your run off be? Check your feed scedule for your nutrients and the week your in.

3 Likes

Thanks, I was low on the ppms at 1390. Needed to increase to about 1700-1900.

2 Likes

What feed chart are you following?

I have the cultivation nation soil feeding schedule.

At week 4 and 5 flowering yes it’s okay to restart feeding. As @Nicky mentioned check the runoff make adjustments accordingly. Also a good practice to verify your meters in a standard solution ppm an pH .

2 Likes

Good point about the meters @kellydans I need to do that in my garden next week

1 Like

Update: Approaching Week 10 from seed

I trimmed a bunch of leaves and took some pics. I’m not sure if the trichomes are clear or cloudy. Whats your take on how much longer?

3 Likes

@kellydans

1 Like

I see some cloudy but I don’t see any amber yet and at 10 weeks I would think you still got a couple of weeks. The overall picture of the plant looks like it still has more to offer. My last auto was 14 weeks. Try to focus more on the bud itself looking at the crystals and not the Sugar Leafs.

2 Likes

Hey I was wondering the same thing because the harvest time is everywhere if you get your information from ilgm or any other site some say 7-9 some say 10 to 14

1 Like

@Missedgell The time given by the Seed banks is a estimated time. Also they’re in a business to sale seeds. From my experience with autos 12 to 14 weeks Average. And I have seen up to 16 to finish. Some strains can take as long as photos to finish.

1 Like

I just harvested a GSCE at 77 days and the high is amazing. But I made mistakes along the way and I think it finished early. Still I got 3 ounces of good smoke. Yours does not look ready. Keep waiting. And look at getting a microscope that connects to your phone from Amazon. Way easier than a jewelers loop. You need a lot more amber. I found it hard to always distinguish between clear and cloudy trichomes. It was easier for me to just pay attention to getting to 10 to 15% amber than 10 to 15% clear.

1 Like