First grow ever! Auto BBY

@dbrn32, @Missiles, @imSICKkid

Thank you guys! I appreciate the info and I will try cutting the light off and turn on the room light for pics and see what I get. So over the past 13-14 days I’m have been watering with spray bottle and just getting the soil moistened prob about 8-10 squirts (gentle squirts). Should I move to pouring it in soon or should I wait on that?

2 Likes

I was told to start watering to runoff and checking your ppms and ph whenever your plant has its 3rd set of leaves.

2 Likes

Very good info @imSICKkid and on point :grin:

4 Likes

My blue plant did that and it got upset lol

1 Like

Yes I had one do that too and she was the big beast I just harvested a few weeks ago :wink:

2 Likes

Ironic…the plant that did it to me is the bigger of the two. Maybe they just come back with a vengeance after they struggle lol

2 Likes

Some do say when you stress a plant out young like they it can make it happen. Not sure I want to press my luck too much lol

1 Like

Lol nah im good. Whenever I first started my buddy told me to cut the cotyledons off. I laughed at him but that may be one of those things. Im not trying it though!!

1 Like

Yeah I would have laughed at him too :laughing:

1 Like

Lol he just got done growing an Ak47. She was like 4ft tall and he pulled like 20 grams off of her. He is the army buddy with brain cancer I just gave all my extra grow stuff to. He is a very close minded person and doesn’t take direction well. So I wasn’t gonna tell him his plants looked weak lol he woulda got mad at me

1 Like

You were just being a good buddy :wink: now that you have given the equipment to help him out he might grow some badass stuff :grin:

2 Likes

He had been talking to me avout growing before i started. He finally saw my plants in person and started listening a little lol

2 Likes

Lol that’s because you got some phat girls :wink:

2 Likes

Hahaha fat and sloppy…my favorite!!! :joy::joy:

2 Likes

@imSICKkid, @dbrn32, @Myfriendis410, @Missiles

So when you guys say water to runoff…what exactly does that mean? I have ph up and down from atlas science, and I don’t quite understand all that stuff. I’ve been testing the ph of my water and it’s like 7.3-9 to 6.9. Do I need to order the fox farm trio big bloom…etc? I have another light coming on this week. I will be up to about 175 true watts in my tent then. I couldn’t afford to go the diy kit yet, and I want to have a better understanding of my process before I can convince my wife the money is worth it. Lol…:joy::joy:

4 Likes

Refresh my memory what kind of soil are you in again? That would tell us what you need the pH the water to. and how old are the girls that you’re going to water? Sorry it’s early for me in the coffee hasn’t kicked in LOL

2 Likes

I’m using fox farm ocean floor and the ladies are about 2 weeks old. I know my light is very inefficient but I just want to make sure that’s what it is and not me missing something else

1 Like

You want your pH to stay within 6.3 to 6.8 for that soil. If they’re only a couple weeks old I’m not sure if I would water to run off quite yet. I would just water very sparingly in a circle around the plant. You do not want to get the stem too wet at this point

2 Likes

@Missiles has you set. You don’t need to water to runoff right now. When your plant is bigger, that just means provide enough water that you get a decent amount to come out of the bottom of pot. Also in fix farms soil, I would set your ph at 6.5 and monitor what it comes out at before adjusting it from there

1 Like

Is this the nutrient line you were wanting to go with? Do you have other nutrients you’re going to use when it’s time?

I use the fox farm trio with my FFOF soil. So if that’s the way you wanted to go that would be good.

4 Likes