Set to watching!

2 Likes

Go get em buddy, best of luck!

1 Like

Get’em!! You got this.

1 Like

@Myfriendis410, @imSICKkid, @dbrn32

3rd day in and I got one sprouted

The other ones tap root wasn’t quite as long as this one so it may be a day behind. I squirted 4-5 times this morning and the soil seems moist still so I’m not going to spray anymore. :clap::clap::smiley::smiley:

5 Likes

Sounds good. That’s a big pot, do you have a dome you can put over the seedling? A lot of people will cut a clear plastic bottle and use that.

2 Likes

No sir I didn’t know about that, or I just missed it. It’s a 5 gal fabric pot. How do you go about that with the plastic bottle? Like a 2 liter!

2 Likes

Just cut it off at a convenient height and peel off the label. Poke a couple of holes in the top and cover up your seedling. To water the seedling; spray the inside of the dome with distilled water twice a day which is about perfect for the right amount of water.

4 Likes

Nice :+1: ok will do! Thank you!!

@dbrn32, @Myfriendis410, @imSICKkid

Hey guys! My other one sprouted today and it jumped up pretty quickly almost to the same length as the first one. I started the clear 2l bottle on both today. How long should I keep those on? I also had germinated a third seed just in case one of the others didn’t succeed and I had some dirt and just placed it outside in a 1gal bucket kind of hidden, but in direct sunlight all day. I will report on it as the grow goes along​:+1::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

A week or so is usually long enough if things go well.

1 Like

@imSICKkid, @Myfriendis410, @dbrn32

Just watered again today. Very little spray inside the plastic jugs. The one of my plants that took a little longer to sprout has caught up to my other one and may be passed it (as far as heighth) I took the light and lowered it maybe about 3”. This should help with that right? And with as small of a light it shouldn’t burn them either correct? Here is a pic…
Also I put my little 4inch fan in yesterday. Do you think that will be ok?

1 Like

Probably. Just watch them and see.

1 Like

So today is day 9, and it really seems my guys aren’t progressing as good as most pics I’ve seen at 1week. I know it’s my lighting cause I still haven’t gotten any more. Trying to make do with what I had for a couple weeks. Oh well, still going to ride it out, and see what happens.

2 Likes

All the growth that your plants are doing is underneath the dirt buddy! You can’t expect a plant to get big with a proper root system!! They will surprise you, just gotta give em time :call_me_hand::call_me_hand:

4 Likes

So took a few more pics today! Dont know if you guys can make them out. They are still small but leaves are coming out now!!! This is Day 12-13

1 Like

Hey fellas hope all is well, @dbrn32, @imSICKkid, @Myfriendis410

The one plant on the left still has a seed shell on one of the leaves. I haven’t tried to touch it or get it off. I really though it would have came off by now. Is there anything I’m doing wrong with that?

4 Likes

I can’t really see it in that lighting. When I get stuff like that I will usually go through a couple rounds of moisturizing it with spray bottle to soften it up. Then gently try to pick ut off with tweezers. You just have to be careful not bring leaf with it.

5 Likes

I have had that happen a couple times and if you do what @dbrn32 says she should be fine. Just be very gentle with her :wink:

4 Likes

The seedling may have genetics dating back to the WW2 era. That explains her reason for keeping her shell on, she just wanted a helmet for protection!! Lol what dbrn and missles told you. One of mine did it as well. Make sure the membrane of the seed comes off as well. It can dry up and keep your cotyledons closed together too.

3 Likes