First grow….EVER! All Auto- Wedding cake & LSD

I’m a total newbie and want to document my process, as well as, get some tips and advice along the way.

Tent- 5x5
Lighting- Mars-Hydro FC-E6500
Exhaust- 6inch AC infinity inline with carbon filter
Medium- FFOF/ 30% perlite added in
Pot- 5 gallon fabric container/ start-finish
Inoculant- Great White Mykos
Germination- paper towel method 4/6
PHd water/ 6.0

These ladies are just about to turn 3 weeks. I watered yesterday with great white for the first time. I can’t tell if the yellowing on the leaves is from over-watering or some sort of deficiency. I think I just overwatered a bit. Anyone else have any ideas? Also, when did those of you using amended soil start giving nutes and do you think liquid or dry amending is better?

Praying to the canna Gods that I have a successful and bountiful harvest!! :crossed_fingers:

8 Likes

Welcome to the forum. Very nice setup. happy growing :bat: :rofl:

1 Like

Thanks!! It’s probably way more than I need but who knows??? Maybe I’ll really kick ass at this and want to go bigger…:heart_eyes:

5 Likes

Yeah no kiddin that set up is beautiful! I’m on my first grow as well but THAT is goals :heart_eyes:

The best way to kick ass at this is to learn learn learn and implement…then learn some more, the people here won’t lead you wrong!

You definitely have the equipment now comes the knowledge and that to me is what’s fun, seeing your labor bloom :smiling_imp:

1 Like

As for the discoloration up your ph to 6.5, a good ph meter is your best friend for peace of mind when you water and feed, great choice with the great white btw. Could also be the leaf touching wet soil which can lead to discoloration but the closer you can get your go to 6.5 (when in soil) the happier she’ll be, below is a chart that helps why, it helps nutrient uptake

4 Likes

Also what we growin? Strains? Auto
Or photo?

2 Likes

Thanks for the tips! I have a PH meter but I’ve been keeping it PHd to about 6-6.1. I will definitely try this and see if it helps. I’m excited to learn all the ins and outs of growing this plant. And of course…all the benefits they bring!

I have 3 LSDAutos and 1 wedding cake Auto. I was going to try 6 plants but only 1 OG my wedding cakes popped. I’m kind of glad though. I think 6 was overly ambitious.

I’m looking at Gaia green dry amendments and really interested in this “fish shit”. I hope both of our grows pleasantly surprise us!

2 Likes

Oooof my apologies your title said it all already ahah…a few beers will do that haha

With the knowledge I’ve gained from this forum we got this going, AK47 and White Widow photos from ILGM, good bud is in our future :heart_eyes:

7 Likes

Ooooweeeee!!! She’s a pretty lady! Great job! After I get a couple of auto grows under my belt, I’m moving to photo! I can’t wait to hear what she tastes and feels like. :blush:

1 Like

Aha same except I started on photos and will move to autos for faster turn around time

2 Likes

Welcome to the community @Jrblackwood nice job so far. .

2 Likes

You can do quick turn around times with photos by switching lights to 12x12 early then adjusting light time and intensity near the end to get her to finish. Some people prefer photos for that vary reason

1 Like

I’m excited to try so many different techniques and find “my style”!

2 Likes

Hang out here and do a lot of reading and never be afraid to ask questions were all here to help each other. Find some growers to follow and stick with them and do what they do. There are some really good growers here that are always available to answer questions.

5 Likes

Thank you for the support and encouragement. I will definitely be asking lots of questions.

3 Likes

Beautiful setup. Being in soil u should up the pH to 6.5. Try and keep the soil and the. Utes mixes between 6.5 and 6.8 that’s like the sweet spot for soil. Right now they don’t appear too bad so hoping the pH might be a good thing it might open a lockout or something that’s causing the slight yellow. Again beautiful setup

1 Like

@Jrblackwood. As everyone has said welcome, nice setup and happy growing :money_mouth_face::100:

1 Like

@ThatsNotMineOfficer that looks amazing! Those two strains are my exact picks for my first grow. Just curious, are the canopies similar in height? Ive been going back and forth on just growing one strain or mixing it up with both.

2 Likes

:point_up_2: a definite. Soil likes a wet/dry cycle. :love_you_gesture:

3 Likes

Yes around the same height, I’ll try and get a better image of that. That was all done with topping/fimming, LST, and scrog on the AK

2 Likes