First Grow - Ebb & Flow Grow Journal, with Pics!

@Maxxie I just YouTubed it ahh clever! I’m pretty sure my mate is doing this he was telling me about it but he didn’t call it ebb and flow I haven’t seen his setup yet… his using coco tho

1 Like

Thanks @MadCandy ! I know an Aunt Flow but no one named Eb… yet! Heheh and I do grow for the wife. She is the one with the script and license. The coco is very similar to the clay pellets from what I have read. Very similar pros and cons anyway but I chose the clay pellets to help stay clean next to the laundry!

Glad you like the pics. I took a few more today and noticed some development where a few more of the white hairs are turning a nice golden brown. Check it out!

1 Like

Well her name is ebony but we all call her eb haha
Oh lucky you that you grow for your wife is she okay?
Where are you located? If you don’t mind me asking!

I think every growing medium have there pro and cons

Yeah I saw that so fascinating seeing the difference!! What a great transition And she is growing!, Your pics are unreal! Are you using a micro camera? @Maxxie I need to invest in one! Haha

1 Like

Wife is great, as usual, but got a prescription a long time ago and has kept it. She has some anxiety so she started using CBD oil and really enjoyed it however with the price of cannabis in Canada, it’s much cheaper to grow your own. We applied and got a license to grow a few plants and wanted to try experimenting with growing our own for oil and edibles. The only real issue has been a little mold and some minor leaks. The rest has been an amazing learning experience.

This is a pic from today. I can see the progression of the pistols compared to a few days ago. About 40% are starting to turn a golden brown. I will start a flush when about 60% to 70% are fully brown.

I use a nikon D7200 with a sigma 17-35mm lens and it takes very nice pics with that lens. Let me take a good look at ma gals but its great for lots of situations. I mostly use it for family pictures and pics of the dogs! heheh

Im very glad you like the pics and I am super happy you came along for the grow. I cant wait to start the hydro plants flowering. I will def keep posting.

2 Likes

Oh that’s good, anxiety is a bitch! That’s amazing you guys got a license :raised_hands:t3: oils and edibles yeah yeah!!

Another nice Yummy picture Can’t wait to see when you flush her… Well that’s a very nice camera!

I’m glad I have appeared to watch your journey haha😊

1 Like

Hey mate!

How is everything going? :blush:

Hey MC,

Great to hear from you. Ive been checking out your grow journal. Its Awesomesauce!

Busy trying to figure out when to start the flush… Ive never had plants do anywhere near this well and in the past, I was just happy to end up with something, however these plants seem to be doing okay, at least IMHO.

These are some pics from the last two days. Can see the development of the pistols however hard for me to see if the tricombs are “milky” or still clear. Regardless, I am pretty stoked to come this far! Check out the moms!

![MC2 2Light|690x459]

One thing I noted, and you can see in this first pic, is that this bud grew normally but after some time, it grew a bump on the bud and when looking at the plant, I noted a few areas where bud began growing OUT of a bud. Doesn’t seem like an issue so far but a little worried I stressed the plant in some way (likely lighting).

(upload://kTOVeqXq8IHQs291YbYBlYczDxl.jpeg) ![MC3 Flash|690x460]
This pic was with the flash on. Neat green!

(upload://jxhm4VUrlxy2sZ1B7zZEH6G7Ogl.jpeg)

1 Like

Very nice journal and beautiful plants… I’ve been playing around with a flood table doing top water with rockwool… From what I’m seeing with my experiment I will not be doing soil indoor anymore… I made a lot of mistakes but I learned a lot… I’m flushing all my soil plants and my flood table over the next two weeks. I haven’t had nearly the success that you appear to be having but like I said I made mistakes that I wont next time. I will reconfigure my grow room 100% Hydro once I’m finished with this grow… Once again you have beautiful plants… Just sayin…

1 Like

Many thanks. Your much too kind. I made many mistakes along the way but that’s how I learn. I agree however in that I will be utilizing hydroponics in the future. I have grown in soil and hydro now and the hydro results in faster, bigger plants but it does take a little trial and error but IMHO, it’s totally worth learning to do correctly. I have also cloned several plants directly into my hydro system and all have, eventually, survived but they may have taken a little longer to root than a clone that was placed into a rooting box. Took about 12 days to start growing again on average. Regardless, I love the hydro system and have been expanding it as I too am reorganizing my grow room to incorporate more plants. Luckily, the cost of expanding an EBb and Flow system is very very low.

Quick update. Hope everyone is doing well!

I like tracking the progress with the camera as I can see a lot more clearly and I hope to have some empirical evidence I can use in the future.
These pics are from today, which happened to be the day I started the flush. Not sure how long I will flush using just pH’ed water but likely at least 5 days. As well, I may sample a small bit too see how effective, or not, the flush is. Here she is. First pic is with a flash. Not great, but the next pic is cropped and you can see things pretty clearly. Better than I can with the naked eye for sure.

So I think they are looking pretty frosty and I cannot wait to give it a try.

Here is a pic of the daughters. They are doing well and we just placed the first hydro daughters into 12/12. We are pruning them but there is a lot to prune!

2 Likes

Good stuff man! Keep it up!

2 Likes

@Maxxie hey mate!

Sorry for the delay!:relieved:
Hahahahaha yours is more Awesomesauce :blush:

Love alllll your photos!

Don’t you flush 2 weeks before hand? Don’t quote me I wouldn’t actually have a clue!! :joy: since I haven’t made it that far yet! You Guys should Be sooo proud!

Yeah I’m not sure have you got a microscope?
I need to get one so when I get to your stage so I can see if they are Clear or milky! Beautiful pic, love em! :heart_eyes:

Well you will see a lot of bumps on mine since I stress the 2 older ones out so much! :sweat_smile:

How’s that pruning going? I ain’t looking forward to that I wouldn’t know where to start! :blush:

1 Like

Hey @MadCandy

No probs. Having a few delays myself. I started to flush then changed my mind and went back to nuts! lol. I have sampled a few buds here and there and I noted that none of my bud was very harsh despite not flushing, so I have opted to use nuts for at least a little longer.

Thanks for the encouragement. You should be super proud as well as you seem to be having the most fun of anyone, and really, that’s whats its all about.

I took a few pics yesterday. I am really trying to get some pics of the trichs and you can see them pretty well in a few. The last is my fav… We get a lot of snow in Canada but there’s no snow in that pic. Just tones of fun! I hope anyway. Check em out! The second last pic is with the flash on. Hard to tell the color of the trichs with flash but Im just trying to see as much as possible.

I should be around at the end of the week and will hopefully have an update then!

2 Likes

Mate… maaattteee… mate

They’re looking good in my eyes :eyes:
Their are a lot of decisions in the world of growing haha

Thanks I am, learning so much always making mistakes and always correcting them haha :laughing:
Fun is my middle name hahah

I just started nutes on mine Today Australian brand looks good the brand and reviews are good!.. soooo I don’t know if they will love it Or not :cold_sweat::grimacing::woozy_face::face_with_hand_over_mouth:
Ahh opps!

I love your pics! The 2nd last is my fav out of that lot!
I wanna see snow :snowman:

Hope all is well

1 Like

Many thanks. I always appreciate the encouragement. This grow was my first time using real nutrients as in the past I have used the dreaded Miracle Grow. MG did not work miracles for me. However this time, I took it low and slow and used nutrients made for hydroponics. I selected the brand pH Perfect because I also wanted a better pH. I wasn’t sure if it would make a difference or not. It made a wicked difference. Plants grow thicker, darker and faster with more branches and offshoots. I don’t max out or even approach the max but the difference it makes it pretty intense. To be fair, I started pHing my water at that time as well so the combo of better pH with the addition of nutrients made a massive difference.

So, quick update. I have been very impatient to try my weed. So I cut a branch or two off About three weeks ago and was somewhat disappointed with the density of the buds. They smoked quite well but they were airy and small, especially after drying.

Luckily, I didn’t harvest the entire plant but rather just a few branches. I allowed the plants to keep growing and they sure did! They buds have continued to grow and have tripled in size over the three weeks I waiting. SOOOOOO worth the wait even though it was agonizing. A few days ago one beach broke off by itself and several more are ready to follow. This is a pic of the bud. Not even the biggest in the plant but the buds are much more dense and I am very happy with the outcome, so far.

!

As for the clones, they are doing very well. They have been in 12/12 for about 2.5 weeks and are starting to flower. They are quite dense and I will be praying the fan leaves AGAIN this weekend.

image|690x388

I took some clones from the clones and tried out my new cloning box. I left them in the wrong room for a little too long and they started to bud but I am going to see what happens if I try to force them back into vegetative. A few have started rooting after about 14 days or so.

So I will wrap this up with a final pic. This is what we needed up with at the end. A few branches broke off before harvest but we wound up with a nice haul over all. We dried it in a humidity controlled room then harvested it. Took forever to process. I I have continued to grow but have a few new varieties to try.

image|666x500

hi there , hope you can help me , i have a ebb and flow set up and started some seeds and they are doing ok but some of the leaves have

a bit of curl does anyone know what it is please , phil

1 Like

Hey there. Plants look good! That little curl could be signs of a little too much light or a little too much temperature but I wouldn’t be worried as they look like they are doing quite well. Post a few pics as an update. I’m curious to see how they have done!

this is just before i turned to 12

/12 , looking good stems so thick and i am training down

1 Like