First grow down - New Grow Room Build-out - Newbie_MN

Purple ok but you need to ck more then just mature buds if all your mature bud is good but lower is not u can wait a bit or harvest half and let rest mutuel more

Yes, I do check them all @BigDaddyCain. I think we are still set for Wed. chop down. They are looking awesome! The Master Kush is producing huge buds!

2 Likes

Absolutely breathtaking. Sexy bud

2 Likes

Wed should be good but Thursday might be better I still see some white on there but wed will give you the good mix of head and body

2 Likes

Here is the haul!!!

Total of 40oz. wet after trim.

6 Likes

Very nice, congrats on harvest!

2 Likes

My my my! Well done my guy! Congrats on the haul. One more test of patience and ull be scrooge mcduck’n in weed

1 Like

I like the way it looks so did you have a few ambers on them

Yes, there were definitely ambers in there @BigDaddyCain. After doing some more research, I think we did ourselves a bit of a disservice by not defoliating/trimming earlier on. I was under the assumption that “the more growth, the better”, but I think our main colas suffered from that. There is a lot of small stuff closer to the bottom that we kept, not sure that it will amount to much. I am also tossing around the idea of “letting one go too far” into flower, just so I can see/record exactly what it looks like along the way (when it bulks up, when that stops, when ambers really take over, etc…), as I still think we took them down too early.

I think we are going to try an autoflower next, and will experiment with training early on and maybe a scrog. I have never done an auto, anyone have any tips/tricks? I am trying to do as much research ahead of time as I can.

Thanks all! @dbrn32, @PurpNGold74, @BigDaddyCain, @DoobieNoobie

2 Likes

I didn’t like running an auto, so not really the person to ask.

1 Like

I only had one auto that didnt fold over on me. It was awesome smoke. But they do what they want. @blackthumbbetty and @DoobieNoobie are the auto whisperers lol

4 Likes

Autos are great, but need a bit of a gentle touch. They don’t respond well to high stress training, unless they have an extended veg period.

Watch your feeding with autos, as they tend to be more sensitive to nute burn. Also, don’t start bloom nutes at first sight of pistils, instead push grow nutes a couple more weeks, then transition to bloom nutes.

There’s more. :grinning: Ask if you have any specific questions.

3 Likes

I have never done autos I like to let mine veg for 4-6 weeks for the size and depending how low I am on product. My last grow I got 1.2 lbs dried from 4 plants also autos can’t be topped or cloned and as far as I know you need to be gentle on the low stress training scale

Also around the 100 post mark I told you anything within 8-12” from bottom needed to be removed lol all the little stuff that was at bottom stole energy from top so I did tell you lol. But you try and learn as much as you can per grow. But there are people here that are really trying to help you get better at the craft that is weed growing lol and there are some that are full of it lol so take the advice like a grain of salt some will help but if you think it’s going to hurt your plant ask them why they recommend doing it if they don’t have a satisfaction answer either don’t do it or ask someone you trust. Any Mediator on here will give you the advice that you’re looking for they are here to help so don’t be afraid to ask the only dumb question is the one not asked. I know me @PurpNGold74 and @dbrn32 have been here for some time and if it is something we can’t answer we know someone that will have the right answer so again ask lol but they look good let me know if you get the mix you where looking for body and head high and if it’s more of a couch lock then you harvest sooner next time and if it’s a super mild high then let it go longer there is no exact time frame we will get you close but it’s your taste that matters lol kk end of rant lol

3 Likes

Thanks for the responses! @BigDaddyCain, I am definitely going to take that advice for any future grows, this time I was just a bit scared of cutting that much off! On to the next one! If I am hearing it right, I will likely have to leave the auto alone for the most part @blackthumbbetty? Or do I still need to remove all Veg 8-12" from the bottom? All of the posts I see that are autos seem to be very small plants, so I am also wondering if I could do 2 in my bin and they won’t be crowded.

3 Likes

You still remove bottom 6-8” autos do there own thing they flip on there own but you can’t top them as to what I have researched it is all LST for them tieing and bending but pruning is pretty much the same but @blackthumbbetty has grown autos so let’s let her chime in

1 Like

Autos aren’t necessarily small. Sometimes they get stunted and stay small, but other times they grow into beasts. I fit 4 in a 2.5x5x7 tent. It’s a tight fit.

Once they’re in full bloom, you can very strategically remove a leaf or 2 here & there, every once in a while.

3 Likes

Ok and to the small plant part when most do autos they want fast growth so they will do a SOG or SCROG and put more plants to fill the holes so more plants they don’t have to train as much autos do best when left to there own devices the pruning and LST is for the grow to have more yield. Oh and @newbie_MN I tagged you to my resent grow that I’m doing now if u wanna follow along I’ll be posting every week the good and the bad lol

Lol I don’t know about me being an auto whisperer lol. But thanks purp. I agree with @blackthumbbetty they require a gentle touch. I tried treating them like a regular old house plant and two didn’t care and two stunted. So if you do them expect to treat them like a princess for the first month or so. Then you can start pushing them a little harder. If your goals are to get a harvest a little faster at the sacrifice of some quantity then they’re a good choice. If you want quantity then stick to photos. I’m not saying you can’t pull good weight from autos. @Screwauger proves that it can be done. But it’s definitely not as simple as just vegging longer.

2 Likes

Yup Ser Screw gets 8+ ozs from autos. N Doob dont doubt yourself. Those girls look fabbbbbuloooous :joy::joy::tipping_hand_man:t5::tipping_hand_man:t5:

2 Likes