First grow down - New Grow Room Build-out - Newbie_MN

Damn that HK is frosty af

Yeah, we just actually smoked a little bit of it that was cut off 2 weeks ago… Got super high! Was a nice mellow high that you would expect from an Indica. Should be way more potent now too!

Looking forward to the Master Kush as I know what to expect from that one, and love it! More “heady” than the Hindu for sure!

Will be posting pics from the cut down process. Then on to auto-flowers!

3 Likes

Looking really good! :+1:

Ok, the plan is to chop on Saturday! Anyone see any issues with that based on the above? @dbrn32, @PurpNGold74, @BigDaddyCain, @DoobieNoobie

Looks like barely any amber. And a good amount of cloudy. But I’m terrible at judging. Looks pretty close though.

1 Like

@newbie_MN I would say next week wed or even sat next week this sat is to soon you will get a high but the main question is what kind of high you looking for. Do you want couch lock or do u want a upper head high or a body high. That is what will depend on when to harvest. No amber is a upper head high some amber is a body high but still functional and if u get half amber is couch lock anymore then half amber makes it really narcotic and harsh to smoke but will have you drooling in ur lap

@BigDaddyCain, definitely want a head high, or a mix of head/body. Not looking for couch lock/sleepy time weed. I guess I am thinking that it can go from clear to cloudy to amber very quickly, what is the timing on that happening?

It goes quickly indeed. No set timetables. But once one stage starts… it takes over quickly. Say waiting for milky. When u see alot of cloudy itll get majorly cloudy n a couple days. Same for amber. When it starts u should keep a close eye

What does overall plant look like? Looks like white pistils in zoomed pic

There are barely any white pistils (especially on the Hindu Kush). But the Master Kush is probably 60-70% amber/brown. I didn’t take a pic of the whole plants today, but can potentially later. I think I found some amber trichs today on the Hindu.

I have 2 worries…

1. I cut it down on Saturday and it is too early… What are the major downfalls to this? I read that this is just bulking time, but does it really happen that fast right at the end? I have not seen a substantial increase in bud size as of yet, but don’t really know what this looks like either… The largest buds are probably the size of 1/2 of a lighter…
  2. I wait too long and end up with super couch lock. I think that would be a long shot cutting down on Saturday.

My growing partner is eager to chop them down on Saturday, and we removed nutes on Monday (flush and fill with pH 5.5 water).

Thanks for the feedback! @dbrn32, @BigDaddyCain, @PurpNGold74, @DoobieNoobie

1 Like

White pistils mean she’s packing weight is the reason I asked. I don’t even bother checking trichs until pistils start receding, that’s why I asked.

If u cut it down to early the high will be mild and it will take more to get you to where u want trust me when you see the first amber top start the week long flush that will give you a mix of head and body if u do it before then u will get only head high that has a tendency to cause a headache as you come down so wait till u see a few ambers befor u flush and cut but it’s up to you. Also you could harvest in stages so u know what u want so do some this sat then wait till u see a few ambers and harvest rest see what one you like better some or no amber that the way to do it to see what you like that’s what I did when I first started growing 15-20 yrs ago lol

Can I literally cut half the plant off @BigDaddyCain? That might be the way to go!

1 Like

@newbie_MN yes you can as long as the finish is done no more them 7-12 days after first cut it is so u can find ur taste

Yup. Defo wait. If still alotta white pistils on older developd buds u have more swell. Now foxtails… ignore them. But u want the pistils to ‘sink’ into the buds a bit

2 Likes

@newbie_MN hay do a pic of whole plant so I can see what she looks like as a whole so I can narrow down to within a few days

1 Like

@BigDaddyCain, I will upload some pics, I am having my partner take some now. He is just really stuck on the fact that a lot of articles state that “when 70-80% of the pistils are amber/brown, it’s ready to harvest”. But what we are saying here, is that is really just the beginning of when to look at the trichs.

1 Like

Where are those articles? Your best indicator is state of trichomes. Unfortunately the earliest trichs will usually start ripening while the plant is still developing new. So you can see a few amber trichs long before the plant is done. In my opinion your best results will come from stated above. This is same info I gave you 2 weeks ago. I’m sure you’re getting close though. Or she’s spitting tails on you.

1 Like

Also. Let him snatch a few and dry. Then in a week or so u chop ur more mature potent buds. N after cures let him see what u learnd :+1:t5::grin:

1 Like

Even right here on ILGM : Harvesting Marijuana: Our Guide to The Perfect Harvest! @dbrn32. I had my numbers wrong though, it says 70-90%… " Once 70-90% of the pistils are brown, you can harvest your marijuana plants because they are as strong and heavy as they ever will be ". Under the section called Red or Brown Pistils.

Again, I am all about waiting, but my growing partner is eager. I agree that we should wait, but he is eager (i think he wants them in jars before the end of the month/holidays).

1 Like