First grow down - New Grow Room Build-out - Newbie_MN

Do u have a fan blowing on it? I had one twist and curl like that from to mich wind.

2 Likes

Less bloom, even though it looks like nitrogen over dose. if you use RO water keep the caliM going till the last two weeks “ripen/flush weeks don’t use”

1 Like

IIRC this is a “hard water formula”, so @Bogleg caught a good point. I am using the Lucas Formula with Armor and Cal Mag but my base water is around 10 ppm. If your base water is low in solids then probably either grow or micro but not both.

3 Likes

I am just using tap water and will have to check the base ppm when I am back over there tomorrow. I will update at that time. Thanks for all the feedback!

2 Likes

Lol if ur base is anything like mine 78ppms

To answer the questions of @Bogleg

Starting ppm of the water is 260
High temp in tent is ~67 low temp is ~62.
Humidity stays right around 42%
Water temp is 63

Root pick:

New growth:

1 Like

I think for the most part your nutrients/etc are in line - your water is a bit hard and if you are going to keep doing hydro, you would benefit from investing in a reverse osmosis system for your water.

But I think you are also seeing some issues related to your humidity. If you can get your humidity up into the 60% range while the plants are in early veg, it will help them properly transpire (breathe), and your leaves will look less crinkly.

You might also consider bumping up the temps if possible, but higher temps = lower humidity, so if you raise them you will have more challenges raising humidity too.

2 Likes

Yeah, it’s tough to be in such a cold dry place. I am not super comfortable adding a heater to the environment just because there is nobody there most of the time and I don’t want to introduce any fire hazards. I will be doubling the light in a short time so that should add some heat.

It’s weird to me that I am seeing these side effects only on this plant and not on others that I have grown in this same environment, although, this is a different strain and also this is my first auto-flower.

I will see if I can try out a small humidifier to add humidity, but I will leave the nutrients the same for now.

Hey @dbrn32, forgot to reply to this one… I am using 14 strips ( BXEBL0280Z35E1000CB3 ) and this driver ( HLG120HC500B ) in a 4x4 tent. The intention is to double that with another piece of heatsink that I already have.

Waters to high, should be an air gap ± 2" from water to netpot

I think that’s roughly what’s there, I can double check when i am over there again tonight. Thanks!

1 Like

It just looks close in the first root pic. I just pulled the tap root off a plant with the airline, you may want to untangle it
And 60’s shouldnt be bad, my plants are 59F at night

I believe that would be intensity issue if anything. To hit recommended flowering intensity for a 4x4 tent you would want about four of those fixtures.

1 Like

It does suck being here in the winter it gets so dry. Dow do u like the dwc? I was thinking about picking a system up.

1 Like

I am using kind of a hybrid dwc and aero system, followed the guide here:

I love it, super easy to use, and inexpensive. The only things I changed were that I added a hose on the outside to check water level, and for easy draining and/or sample taking (without having to open the lid), along with that, I use bubblers in the res.

2 Likes

I was think of doing a rdwc system. I’m pretty handy wo I think I could do a diy.

Here are the latest pics. I think whatever was going on has passed… Thoughts?

3 Likes

Looks better - seeing a little nute burn on that newer growth?

1 Like

Yeah, maybe very slight. I did not change the nutes so I am still at the dose outlined above. I also doubled the light, so the temp now gets up to 69° when it is on.

1 Like

I agree with bogleg, smidge of burn on those tips. I’m not sure if I mentioned above, 69f with lights on is pretty low too.