First Grow, Down and Dirty Cheap Grow - Zkittlez Autoflower

no worries. it is interesting reading it. i do want to try hydro at some point. so good read all around. i have been think about setting and auto water. i know coming up soon, im going on a weekend camping trip. i am sure she would be fine over the weekend. but would make me feel better if i could set something on a timer and give like a half gallon of water on one day.

1 Like

yeah i heard about jacks as well. will have to do a grow and compare. but from what i see it is a really good product.

1 Like

Absolutely 100% worth it. Spend way less time watering and feeding, let’s you have a good time talking, pruning and whatever turns you on time. Something I was missing in my grows, plus puffing a big fatty too. Heaven bro :love_you_gesture:

3 Likes

I run in the 1.5k range my self for just the grow and another 1.5k per hour if I use the A/C in the house. I average about .15 per watt over all. Every once in a while I get into the .20 range. But not much. Autopots are great for summer. When top feeding. I use a lot more water. Plus as mentioned. You have more time to work with your plants or just leave for a few days. I am still learning Jack’s my self. So far what it has shown me is it is best used by it self. No additives. Other than silica. I see others using different things with it. But every good plant I have done using Jacks was with it alone. I am currently doing a solo cup grow on another site. The plant will is in a nursery bag sitting in a small container. My goal is to see if I can grow a nice plant in this manner. if so. I can swipe a aquavalve from one of my autopots. And use it in a 4x4 tray. And fill that with 3 gallon bags. And run a sog autopot style. If it works. Others can do the same super cheap. You can buy the aquavalves super cheap. And use a small trash can as your reservoir. They also sell the grommets for that on their site. This is the guinea pig at 2 weeks old. I can move it to a bigger container later if needed.

2 Likes

You nailed it bro. I bought some spare parts from auto USA and a food grade 3 gal small res to feed plants in different growth stages. Man I am digging the solo cup grow experiment! Would like to see how that goes.

2 Likes

Running Jacks and like yourself have only added silica in my reservoirs. Top fed some calmag early on, but other than that straight Jacks

2 Likes

Day 40

Skipped weekend pics was busy with IRL stuff. still picking up height. but from the looks of it. maybe another week until she is in flowering weeks?? Not sure, but it is exciting to know she is getting close to the countdown.

3 Likes

Tie her down again towards the side of the pot, don’t let her get ahead of you if you can avoid it.

4 Likes

Day 41

Tied down again. Tried curling it back around, but it didn’t want to go that way. tied down same direction seemed to work out the best. Just will have to get some support when she buds, no big deal there.

Random question would be, what to do about the lower lower leaves? Since I doubt those will produce much, if nothing at all. is wise to go in there and cut them out?

1 Like

If they are touching the dirt, I cut mine off. Also any lower leaves that do not get much light

2 Likes

that’s kind of what I thought. Just based on my vegetable garden work/know how it’s just wasting resources. sound like someone is getting a haircut tonight, LOL.

1 Like

Just don’t cut the satellites off.

1 Like

Day 42

Still going strong. She has to be close to getting ready to flower, right??

2 Likes

With the amount of growth I’d say so. Looks like you could do more training already. Lol! Spread those limbs out as much as possible.

Considering all the issues she had in the beginning this is very impressive. Great work.

Try and separate any branches from each other… if they bud close to each other it’ll be a pain to defoliate later and restrict air flow

1 Like

Sounds good. good thing i have like 20 ft of this garden tie stuff. :rofl:

2 Likes

Good! Bend down and spread out as much as possible for an even canopy. If you “massage” the bend points a bit and bend back and forth gently it’ll be easy to tie it down without snapping. even if they snap, just give it support it so it doesn’t break off. They will heal, and you would have taken your first step toward super cropping. :+1:

3 Likes

Day 43

Did another tie down. you can see the fresh tie down on the left there. Give it a couple hours and that thing will be inline with the rest. I think that will be the last one. The one that you can see in the pic that is just a little taller is the only one I couldn’t tie down. Looked like a dangerous bend maybe. Maybe I will take a closer look tonight and see if I feel comfortable with it.

2 Likes

Day 44

Still going good. The most exciting things is it is happening!!! Started to see the beginning of flower.

2 Likes

Ayyye that’s awesome. Looks like you got the lst in just in time

3 Likes

Nice LST @Shazm
Once she gets going full on, watch out for these little sucker buds.

3 Likes