First grow disater

Do you have current pics? The ones in the thread that @Jbum posted look to have iron deficiencies. Are you using any treatment on your water? Like a water conditioner or de-chlorinator

This is what mine looked like with an iron deficiency. Is this what you’re seeing?

2 Likes

Try watering with a water of 6.5ph. Thats optimal, 6.0 for soil is kind of low

1 Like

They look a little nitrogen deprived but all in all healthy looking plants brother , try watering with 6.5 ph water and going a little heavier in nitrogen and see if that helps .

I thought he said he was in coco?

I didnt see that part .

1 Like

Here’s the first problem. Mg seems like a no brainer, but usually ends up screwing you somewhere.

PH 6 isn’t terrible for a straight coco grow, this is more soil-y I think. For sure if your root zone pH (from a slurry test) is at 7.0-7.5 it’s far too high. Whether soil or non soil

Do you have current pics taken under normal light? Full plant and then some of the “yellow” leaves?

I went to your other thread, and tried to piece it all together. It’s usually best to start 1 thread, fill out a support ticket, and stay on that topic.

If you’re using RO water be sure to add extra calcium and magnesium

2 Likes

Yes these are autos

Out of tent in normal flourecent light.

3 Likes

They look hungry, but I’ve never grown autos YET, I’m gonna sit and watch this one you have a few of the best in here to help you! Sure have helped me!

Yeah, that’s not iron deficiency. Have you flushed these yet? What kind of MG soil are these in? Tricky part here is an excess of certain nutrients can cause lockouts of others. I.E. phosphorus excess can lockout calcium, iron, magnesium, etc. If this is occurring when watering, it leaves me to believe the water is kicking out a nutrient release in the soil.

2 Likes

The first was mostly coco, tjat looks worst, others 75٪MG, 20٪COCO,

Was a conventional potting mix and yes was time a release

Damn, that stuff is hard to flush out. And they’re autos so transplanting would probably be more detrimental than helpful. I believe a soil/coco hybrid should be ph’d on the soil scale. How long did the MG say it fed up to?

2 Likes

I flushed em about two weeks back. You mentioned they look hungry. If you can be specific what should i use for a gal of 6.5 ph water, can use either my softened well water abut 0300 ppm, or R.O about 0020

Do not recall specifically but i thin 6 mo…maybe

I’d use the RO.

Next time you feed/water add some non sulphured epsom salt. About 1 tsp/gal.
Also looks a bit K deficient. I think your grow bottle has a decent ratio. Might want to up that on next feed.
Have you done a slurry test? Take about 1 tbsp. soil from about 3”-4” down in your pot, (around the roots). I go from the side since cloth pots are easy to pull down that far.

Put that soil in a cup with 2-3oz distilled water, mix really well, and then let it sit for 15-20min. Test the pH of the water then. This will give an accurate reading.

1 Like

Wouldn’t use softened water as it uses salt to soften. What are your Ppm’s at now?

2 Likes

Last measure at last water about 3 days ago they were about 740-760 on the runoff

Do you check ppm every watering? I’m curious of previous runoffs to see if this plant is eating

1 Like

I grow a lot of autos. I’m no pro but I have some experience. What strains are they? What light(s) are you using? These ladies are definitely hungry for nutrients. My personal recommendation is for general hydro flora lineup with Cali magic and flora micro for new guys. I’ve been through the gamut of nutrients and this is what “ kiss” or keep it stupid simple. It takes a lot of stress off and is super quick to mix. That being said I hover around 1000 ppm in veg and for whatever stupid reason even with my hydro they still like it 6.2 ph. My photo tent likes 5.8-6.0.
You should be watering every other day. If they sit in water too long the roots can’t find oxygen and that’ll lock them right out as well.
This is just what I do.

2 Likes