First grow diary

Great looking photos and super looking plants.

1 Like

thank you! having a blast growing them, reading nonstop through topics trying to learn anything i can, great place and great people here!

2 Likes

Is 50-54% RH acceptable for flower? I’d hate to add another appliance in the tent like a dehumidifier if I can help it, I have 2x 6” fans and a 16” oscillating fan blowing in the plants but that humidity likes to stay right in that range no matter what I adjust

Is 50-54% ok or is it critical I get it lower in flower?

2 Likes

Too late to edit last post but day temps are between 77-81 max and night temps are around 72-75f (using a radiator space heater

1 Like

Here a combined Humidity Temperature chart

Use your average humidity to make the comparison

3 Likes

50% is good. I’d just not let it go up past 65% for more than a day or so while flowering. And lower even around 35% or so for a few days won’t hurt during flower. Those buds hold on to that moisture where mold can grow. This reminds me that for my outdoors plants I’ll need to shake off excess water after rain storms.

I put a small heater in there for now (very small) to raise the temp up the radiator heater got it warm but didn’t lower humidity, the one I put in there actually blows heat, turns off and turns in every 15 -20 minutes for like 5 minutes, did it when I got home from work this morning and let it run while I was sleeping when I woke up temp was at 81, humidity was down to 43% and leaf temp was at 77f,

AND yea I have a camera in the tent so I can see it, as well as a WiFi smoke detector hanging from the roof of the tent that alarms as well as sends an alarm to both mine and my wife’s phones

The radiator heater against the wall is unplugged and will not turn on lol, that’s a hard plastic base from a dog cage under the heater to keep it off the tent floor

One fan controller reads 81f 43%RH other one reads 81f 47%RH and I have another hydrometer hanging in the canopy reading 82f and 42% RH

1 Like

Heyyyy they’re looking beautiful brother!

1 Like

Andddd…. It’s update day girls came out for a watering got a fox farm sledgehammer flush, cal-mag / and microbe, brought them out of the tent so I could get some pics had to use a flashlight for additional light since the room the tent is in only has some dim led lights on purpose it’s a chill room lol

The tallest plant in the pics that just beginning to flower is my gorilla glue that’s about a week and a half younger

All in all they are looking happy, noticed a few leaves with some brown spotting (obvious cal def ) so upped their cal-mag to full dose which I’ll add on every watering including plain water instead of every other watering

Can’t complain at all about the blurples so far they seem to be loving it

Also yes this is how I water, make 10 gallons of water /neuts up etc, then put 2 in the Rubbermaid tote and water till runoff then add another 1/2 gallon each to really push it through (the microbe and sledgehammer make the water very brown) they take about 1.5 gallons each about a gallon to start dripping then the extra half gallon really pushes the runoff out

2 Likes

and some more

Couple blurple pics as well :joy:

What is the reason for the “Sledgehammer” flush?

Removes salt buildup in the medium it’s part of their feed schedule so I decided to go for it

Plants look great! Good work.

1 Like

First few tries with my microscope just trying it out but I’m sure I’ll be able to get better shots with some practice

1 Like

Today is update day!

Plants are happy and healthy, one plant really is getting some browning in its leaves and sugar leaves but there all being fed equally with cal mag on on feedings, buds are really fattening up on 2 of them I suspect will be done earlier than the rest which is fine it’ll give the other 4 room to spread out over their last few weeks, I suspect the 2 densest budded plants are getting close including some trich shots of just those 2

I’ll take some better trichrome shots later I was using it handheld cus I was in a bit of a rush watering today kids wanna go to the popcorn stand but my gorilla glue had a massive droop overnight she was THIRSTY this morning lol

Lemme know what everyone’s trichrome opinion is!

I’ll take some better pics later of trichs gotta do some running around for a bit then I can sit down and use the stand for the microscope instead of using it handheld

1 Like