First Grow Day 39 Flower copper spots on top cola

@EclecticJack,

sorry i’m late but here ya go…

In most cases, brown spots represent a form of necrosis. Such brown spots may take a variety of appearances depending on the cause. For instance, these spots may appear as dry brown spots, shiny brown spots or soft, oozy, “water-soaked” spots. In other cases, brown spots may be a fungus which grows superficially on the leaves. This fungus is called Sooty Mold, and it will appear as tiny, dark speckles covering the upper surface of leaves. In other cases, dark speckles will appear on the underside of the leaves. These will be slightly raised and are caused by the feeding activity of Mites.

To begin narrowing down the cause, look at the descriptions below, and select the one that best describes the symptoms you are seeing.

Leaves have dark speckles on them. These speckles may appear on either the upper surface or the underside of the leaves. When found on the upper surface, the speckles will appear to be not part of the leaf tissue. In fact, a little rubbing alcohol is enough to wash them off. When found on the underside of the leaves, the speckles will appear slightly-raised.
Leaves have brown spots (not speckles) on the upper surface of them. These spots appear to be part of the tissue of the leaves, and they may appear dry or soft and oozy ("water-soaked"). In some cases, the tissue in the center of the spots may be lighter in color, or it may appear to have dropped out.
Leaves have brown spots (not speckles) on the underside of them. These spots appear to part of the tissue of the leaves, and they may appear dry or shiny. 

Will joint

3 Likes

Not to veer too far off topic @Donaldj , but as I mentioned earlier I’m using Advanced Nutrients Grow, Bloom, Micro line at the “Hobbyist” level. I called them about 7 weeks ago and spoke to a very knowledgeable guy for about 30 mins about their formula because the Veg and Bloom values were exactly them same. When I bought it 12 weeks ago, their nutrient calculator said one thing then they changed their Week 1 and Week 2 Veg feedings about 5 weeks ago. They lowered the amounts and since I can’t go back in time, based on their on calculator, I probably overfed my plants in the first couple weeks without knowing. I take great notes and took screen shots which I’ve attached. I’m not blaming anyone, but those first two weeks probably introduced the excess N.

1 Like

Drill many holes in bottom of pot

1 Like

@garrigan62 No one is rushing you! And thank you for joining. My lights are out for the night but I can describe this: I do not think they are raised spots and they definitely look like dead cells. The cells appear to be affected top through bottom, my pics above may show that. I do not recall any oozy or any liquid/dampness at all on these affected leaves but I’ll check in the AM.

You can have cal mag issue with promix @Myfriendis410
I dont remember saying you cant ?? I may have suad most nutrients line will jave cal and mag in it ans if properly feed you should need to add extra
You definitely right about the RO water tho ro filtration will strip all minerals out of the water to almost 0 ppm
The one in the plastic pot is most likely root bound and showing signs of issues hahhah. @Donaldj just saw that you poated that too
Can you post a few pictures? @EclecticJack
Usnig smaller pots will keep you plants smaller
Which os why most of us use min of 5 gallon indoors for photos ?
I actually feed and water at 6.1- 6.4 using promix and nectar for the gods nutes
As recommended by mfg with no issues in promix bx I noticed bob Donald and Garrigan helping also so your getting good help
Sorry fir late reply
Happy growing :v:CB :cowboy_hat_face: ( John )

3 Likes

this one @Countryboyjvd1971

And looks like you answered it! Thanks @Countryboyjvd1971

2 Likes

Thanks I believe his issue with the plastic in hes root bound @bob31 ans once root bound as you know nutes aren’t taken up properly and will show all sorts of deficiencies
As far as the calmag thing
Tou can experience that with promix as well
The calcuim will bind to other stuff in thw soil if not taken up by plant and my require a flush to gwt back on track
Bit i don’t believe thats the issue here @bob31

1 Like

@bob31, I must have been high haha! Thanks! The R/O alone was a big clue to me that cal mag was warranted but nice to have you guys weigh in.

I knew Promix was a bit different in use.

1 Like

@Myfriendis410 I think what you where referring to is the fact the promix and coco is coco will retain salt
I truly sont remember saying anything about cal mag :+1: tho just want to reach out brother

1 Like

@Countryboyjvd1971 I have about 8 pics in this post, I’ll repost this full body shot because you need to click it for it to show the whole plant for some reason. You said:

I’m a first timer so I’m not questioning, but 6.4 is outside the Hydroponics range many are suggesting I use due to my choice of Pro Mix. I feel like I can get my pH to any number I want it to, but I’m having trouble finding consensus on which value I want. I suggested varying the pH from feed to feed so should I flux between 5.5 and 6.4?

(Calibrating my meter shortly with a 6.68 and 4.0 solutions, it’s a $20 Rozway from Amazon. It’s sitting in RO water for a few hours as per process. pH dropper test looks to be about a 6.5pH starting point on my water @ 9 PPM. As I read now, I may have let the tip dry out.)

May need to click photo for full view

2 Likes

@Countryboyjvd1971 is the guy to listen to on Promix. John has all the bugs worked out.

@Donaldj pointed something out that you said that you might have missed. Varying ph can open up different nutrients to the plant. So that alone is not a bad thing. One datum you’re missing is that ph drifts fairly rapidly back towards it’s original alkalinity. This takes about 8 hours.

1 Like

Yes I understand that @EclecticJack the nutrients im using call fir that range Nectar for the gods
In mist cases you would use hydro numbers i was just mentioning that is all not telling you to use those numbers maybe I shouldn’t have mentioned it
Point is you can adjust it a little bit if needed
I saw the picture no need to repost unless you want to
Remind me of the nutes your using @EclecticJack
Fyi its good to question

1 Like

@EclecticJack also you may want to contact mfg of the advance nutrients and see what they suggest you run the ph at ive never uses it before so i cant really comment on them in full confidence
Promix is actually forgiving more so then coco
Mine are 100 organic and wont be taken up in the hydo range :+1: any othwe question tag me ill be around brother

1 Like

@Countryboyjvd1971 @bob31 @Myfriendis410 @Donaldj
For my next feeding should I just add Cal-Mag to my current 1100PPM solution? Or should I dial it down 30%-ish then add Cal-mag.

Funny you mention 5 gal pots, I have them and didn’t use them as I thought they would be too big in my 4x4x7. The 1.1 gal was a backup. Since this was an experiment I germinated 15 seeds at 100% germination. 3 were cut right away, 5 were sacrificed early, 7 went in the tent and 4 ladies emerged. I had two other 3 gal smart pot that ended up being male.

I’ve learned enough this grow so next time I’m going to use 2-3, 5 gal smart pots LST/Scrog with quality seeds.

2 Likes

You can add calmag i would keep inthe ppm range your at and mix it into your nutrients
I never feed less then full strength @EclecticJack
I still think your root bound on the 1 gal pot thoband it may not help that one they just can’t take up nutes if thats the case
Soft pot air peune the roots and prevent pots from becoming root bound
The first grow is always a learning experience as well

2 Likes

@Countryboyjvd1971 Actually I DID call the manufacturer…they told me not to pH at all. If I don’t pH, the solution goes down to 5.2-5.3. And I just couldn’t go that low after reading all I had read. ALSO, I had called to discuss the actual formula since they had a discrepancy on their website and they change the formula AFTER I was well beyond the feeding weeks in question. Please take a moment to review my post from earlier…
As you can see in the week 1 and Week 2 comparison, one screen shot was taken in late July, the one with the lesser values was taken in September. So basically I used their chart and unknowingly overfed the first two weeks (and pre-weeks of ultra light feeding)

2 Likes

I would follow there directions then bro
They know there product better then anyone else

1 Like

I had nothing but grief with AN ph perfect lines as they say don’t ph but the products rarely ph correctly on their own mind you was hydro and more fussy at the time. I have far better results with Lucas formula and setting my own ph

3 Likes

I’m going to give you some of the best advice you will ever hear on growing cannabis: listen to Donald and CB.

Once you have some growing experience, you will be able to branch out and play. There’s a lot to learn and it’s not easy to capture it all.

3 Likes

Once you have some growing experience, you will be able to branch out and play. There’s a lot to learn and it’s not easy to capture it all. As posted by @Myfriendis410

Well said @Myfriendis410 wouldn’t let me qoute you so I copied and pasted hahha :+1:

3 Likes