First grow .. comments plese

totally agree!

CFLs can go very close

3 Likes

Have a look at a way to get a deeper pot in the same shape.

Once you transplant and lower your lights you will be off to a good start… but she looks great right now too :wink: you just gotta be ready for when she gets real hungry for growth

2 Likes

I pH at 5.8 in the roots organics and I adopted a reduced nutrient schedule usin ghte ILGM nutrient line. I typically only add enough nutrients to reach 1/4 to 1/3 of the recommended dosage.

Yeah, its not cheap. I, fortunately, have it stocked at a few different local places here where I live. It’s cheaper if you pick it up vs. online.

Managing pH and ppms is key to a first grow. I can’t stress it enough :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@Rob10737quality PH meter ?

plus i forgot to mention…i’m doing 18 hour light cycle

2 Likes

only thing I’m looking at that would fit is a grow bag…thoughts?

1 Like

Btw …thank you everyone!!!

3 Likes

Idk I’ve never considered a grow bag
I went with dollar store containers for my first I find they take up too much space and have converted to 5 gal pails for my second

as others have said, get some quality soil tailored toward cannabis (I see you’ve chosen roots organic, great choice) get yourself a PH meter and TDS meter and learn what they’re for/how to properly use them (youtube videos were really helpful for me, some channels I suggest to watch are indica institute, cali green, and jorge cervantes who also has a grow bible/book you could buy, it’s super helpful) I use and suggest fabric grow bags (5 gal is the size I use) when you get your new bag/pot transplant into that with the roots organic soil. these things should be your main focus as of now at least. be sure to continue to post here so others can help guide you along through this first grow and you will learn a LOT. I’m new here to these forums myself but by reading the forums quite a bit I can already see this community is very nice and extremely helpful so don’t be shy if you have any questions or concerns myself and/or others will help you!

3 Likes

You could potentially shape a fabric pot to fit in that space… or you could slip a fabric pot into that tub then that would automatically shape it for you. That way you can get more depth for your roots.

1 Like

Roots organic and grow bag ordered will have on wednesday. I’m gonna go with the idea of shaping it into my current pot. The only problem i see is it’s gonna leave limited room for the plant to grow tall. Gonna leave about 16-18 inches for growth.The other dimensions are 15 inches wide and 10 inches deep. Problem??

Should i get rid of that large darker leaf on the bottom left? (2 1/2 weeks old)

…Was the first one out

I wouldn’t do any defoliation at this point.

4 Likes

Buy a decent PH/TDS meter to. Them cheap ones or where you have to put drops in for PH and then judge the color suck. I learned the hard way on that one. Picked up a apera meter and very happy with it.

1 Like

Transplant her ASAP and be sure to put 40% perlite into your new media. If its already got some put 20% more.

Get some airation into your mix

1 Like

@GreenCoat hi bro. i have a question…
what kinn of soil or soilless(hydro) you grow or suggest ?
for indoor of course

Hi there @Ufoishere

Mine is a mix of perlite, vermiculite, worm castings peat moss, quality potting mix & Cocco coir.

There are many media mixes. Keep asking around you’ll find what works for you.

I think to have a soil mix you need to have a VERY GOOD soil foundation. I wouldnt do a half hearted soil mix. I’d go completely organic if I went soil.

And I do plan on it in the very near future.

1 Like

now you make decisions easy for me, thanks bro. :v:

1 Like