First grow .. comments plese

Grow box 36"X12"X16", one plant. not sure of the strain, but i’m pretty sure it’s an auto flower. Using General Hydroponics (just started with it.) I’m not sure on the lighting with post.

Sorry 2 weeks old! :slight_smile:

That tub has drainage holes in the bottom?
What medium are you using ?

1 Like

It does have drainage and its just topsoil bought at Home Depot

1 Like

Do you plan on transplanting it into a quality growing medium to ensure a quality grow…?

Have you decided if you’re going for a “soil grow medium” or a “soilless grow medium”

2 Likes

I didn’t plan on it… would it be possible to keep in the same soil?

Have a read :wink:

Scroll down to “Grow Mediums”

Get some fundamental understanding then you will get equipped with better questions which will get you better answers from people in here.

That’s my advice :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Add these guys into your questions

@MattyBear @garrigan62 @Countryboyjvd1971

But they will see my tags anyway :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Here is a very important point from the guide

"Perlite

Add perlite to any soil that doesn’t already have it. These light airy ‘rocks’ will add oxygen and increase its drainage ability. Perlite can be up to 40% of the total volume depending on your needs. Use more of it if you plan to use a lot of nutrients and want to protect against nutrient burn"

5 Likes

I also highly recommend purchasing a soil or soilless medium that is tailored toward cannabis. I use Roots Organics Original potting soil.

Also, managing the pH and ppms of the water/nutrient solution, as well as measuring and monitoring the pH and ppms of the runoff is the key to a successful grow.

good luck!

5 Likes

This plant can be replanted??

Right now, yes very easy… not only easy it will love you for it. Better to get things set at the start. Preparation is the key to growing.

1 Like

My only concern with your container is roots running out of room I had a similar issue in a similar sized container when I started it was hell to transplant and caused the plant and myself a ton of stress. Watch for droopy leaves without a justifiable cause. Otherwise she’s looking good

2 Likes

Yes I’m concerned also. I had in a solo cup to start and when i transplanted about a week ago the roots were the size of the whole cup

The sooner you transplant the easier it will be
Imo a 5 gal pot or bucket is the best option get your plant as high in the bucket as possible

If you cant go wider go deeper but be sure to have VERY GOOD drainage. That means making up a good 3-4 part media

1 Like

Will transplant using Roots Organics Original potting soil. Just ordered…stuff is not cheap!! lol

1 Like

with the grow box it might be hard getting it into a bigger box… Do you think the lights are close enough? She does like good right now

1 Like

Its cheaper than getting halfway through a grow and the plant goes south :disappointed_relieved:

1 Like