First Grow by Mrs. Daisy

Don’t be scared to defoliate, the girls will love you for it. Plants look amazing and very healthy. Only thing i would nitpick is getting all the leaves out of the dirt or as much away from the dirt as possible, because it looks like some of the tips are burning. No huge deal as I would trim those away. I read about a technique that habitually defoliates the plant heavily during flower to concentrate all it’s energy into producing buds. I forgot the name of the technique but will look into it. I am too nervous to heavily defoliate but I do regularly trim off big fans leaves and under canopy to allow air flow. You’re doing amazing and all the plants (flowerbed too) look bada$$.

1 Like

Thank you!! Yes I have been slacking alittle bit. I go into my room and I feel like I’m lost in Narnia lol just loose track of time. I easily have a few hours of leaf plucking,
pruning and LST to do down there! I normally only get time at night when my kids are in bed. I just have to suck it up and get it done, which is on my to do list this week. At one point I had all the leaves pruned back so they didn’t touch the dirt (everyone hates dirty leaves especially the girls) but that was awhile ago! This spring has been especially busy and I feel like my list just keeps growing instead of getting shorter lol

1 Like

Never ending battle caring for the girls, but it’s a labor of love lol. Just wait until you defoliate them, my indicas straight up blew up seemingly over night after trimming the under canopy. I absolutely love your LST plant, I need to start but I kinda like seeing them grow like nature intended…minus the trimming of course.

1 Like

Yea I have no hesitation ripping leaves off my autos and abusing them lol I just need to move that attitude over to my photos! Ha yes a labor of love most definitely! Im gonna work up the courage and get them done!

2 Likes

My poor little girl lol I trimmed off some leaves that were blocking potential bud sites. Some are bigger than my hand. She looks kinda scraggly now :flushed: @spyonyou @rookiegrower did I do okay? And should I do the rest this way? I didn’t clean up the bottom yet. Should I wait to clean up bottom?

5 Likes

I think it would be ok to get the lowers and the others. Them some big leaves!! :scream:
“Get her done!”

Looking stellar!
:+1:t2::v::sunglasses:

1 Like

I bet you won’t be able to tell you did anything today. They usually bounce back pretty quick.

1 Like

Looking like a good start, I usually go alittle more on the defoliation just because they grow so dang quick. You did fine. Those are some huge fan leaves that will definitely block bud sites. When are you gonna flip your photos, they look about right to do so or else you’ll have some huge plants come flower.

I’m gonna flip at 3 feet which I would say will be in the next 2weeks or less. Hopefully sooner than later because I’ve been battling the heat alittle bit. I have a decent amount of room to work with 8 foot 2 inches in total. Im hoping for 6 foot plants give or take!

3 Likes

Defoliation went well I think. Got alittle heavy heanded on one but not too crazy. I got a gallon pitcher stuffed full of leaves from all the ladies.Everyone got watered tonight! Hoping tomorrow they will be looking perky as ever. They definitely look like they can breathe better!

3 Likes

Didn’t skip a beat!

6 Likes

looking good!!!

2 Likes

@spyonyou every once in awhile ill get a leaf or 2 that has this on it. Looks like water spots to me. I have noticed once in awhile I will go into the room and a few leaves will be wet and I haven’t watered even looked to see if the roof was leaking I was so confused. Could this be the plants sweating during their respiration phase?

3 Likes

That would be humidity. What happens is, when your leaves start getting crowded and too thick, having a lot of moisture inside the leaves, they sweat. Light hits the water and they may burn a little.

IMO, thinning out is one way to handle that, along with plenty of air.
Still looking good. :+1:t2::v::sunglasses:

4 Likes

Looks like this weekend we will be flipping to flower. Im to impatient to wait for 3 feet. Tallest one is 32 inches and I have a feeling they might be big girls. Annoyingly they are all different heights lol they are plants not robots I know… 2 days ago I took 3 gallon pitchers of leaves and honestly you can’t even tell! Im wondering if I should do one more defoliation before flip? Or at the end of week one? Gorilla glue buds looking great figure by the end of the month she’ll be ready for chop. Bruce banner has been in full flower now for a week or so. Gonna have to check my notes on that one.

Some close up shots of the LSD girls!

5 Likes

@spyonyou got the best close up i could of my gorilla glue auto . Trichs look still clear to me but im seeing alittle bit of amber also?!

2 Likes

Is that a on the actual bud or a leaf close to the bud site? Reason being is that the leaves turn amber quicker than the buds themselves. If its a bud, looks ready for harvest.

1 Like

Can you give me a picture of the plant with just a light behind the camera. Sometimes the bud will look a little on the grayish side when about ready.

Hard to tell without being able to get an overall average of a couple of buds. Wonder if @peachfuzz might be able to give a better eye?

1 Like

@rookiegrower I got into one of the buds and removed a single caylex for these shots. No sugar leaves here.

2 Likes

@spyonyou

I’m not really sure what you mean with just the light behind the camera. This is in natural light tho. She has started to foxtail on me and shooting new pistols. She is 9weeks and 2 days old today from when she broke ground.

4 Likes