First Grow by Mrs. Daisy

Hey all just getting started here. I have grown many things over the years from gardens to house plants but never cannabis! I have been snoopin around here and trying to do all my research nessary before diving in. I have a plan and a assortment of questions of course. I would love to get some feedback back so here we go…
My grow space: a 6.5ft by 6.5 ft room that is still in the beginning stage of build. My height is TBD but im thinking about 8-10 feet. Lighting: 2 HLG 600 RSPEC
Ventilation: AC Infinity CLOUDLINE T8, Quiet 8” Inline Duct Fan w/ corresponding carbon filter Humidity: crane humidifier Airflow: suggestions need on good oscillating fan? I will be using Earth juice ph Up and down with a apera EC20 or apera PH60. I will be monitoring the environment with Sensorpush system. Water source: boogie blue plus carbon water filter attachment I am hoping to grow both autos and photos my autos will be in 5 gallon fabric pots and photos in 10 gallon fabric pots. I think I got it all if not please let me know. So my questions are… will the lights I choose be enough for my grow space? What is a good oscillating fan for this size space? Of the PH meters i listed which is better? Will the 8in AC Infinity be enough for my space? Is 10 gallons enough for photoperiod plants? Thank you so much in advanced for any feed back!

6 Likes

Welcome to the community ! the apera Ph60 would be a good choice on your pH probe. Never had any problem with mine. 10 gallon fabric pots would definitely be big enough for indoor grow. I use 7 gal. on photos an 5 on autos.
Good luck on your new venture.

4 Likes

Great! Thank you! Know anybody that might be of some help on the lighting situation?

2 Likes

@Mrs.Daisy sounds like you’ve put some thought into this hobby I’ll tag the lighting guru for you, he’ll be able to answer any of your lighting questions. @dbrn32

3 Likes

HLG is a good choice on lights. @dbrn32 can get into lights in depth.

1 Like

Yes thank you I have put alot of thought into this! I try not to do anything half way because I’m not looking to get half way results!

2 Likes

Thank you for tagging and for the help yall seem like so many helpful and kind people on this forum… love that!

3 Likes

When DBRN checks in he should be able to provide the stuff you need on lights.

So, here’s a suggestion: start with a minimum number of photoperiod plants to start. Choose something that is somewhat forgiving like an ILGM Gold Leaf or White Widow etc. The reason is that you will be developing your grow space over time and will have to overcome some hurdles as the plants progress. Any mistake on your part or issue that develops won’t necessarily destroy your yield like autos. Once you’ve developed a feel for your specific locale and have seen a few plants to harvest you can appreciate where you go from there.

Get a good cannabis-designed soil like Fox Farms if going that route. It is more than likely you will need to add supplements at some point before harvest and would second no larger than a 7 gallon pot. If you are going to be there daily for the first grow you might consider doing straight coco. If you do you will need to supplement, but it’s not hard to do and there are a crap-ton of nutrient lines to choose from. This is where fabric pots shine IMO.

6 Likes

I also forgot to add i will be in kind soil and roots organic soil to top off the pots

1 Like

I was considering 4 autos and 2 photos included in my first grow. Autos: Bruce banner or GSCE photos: bannana kush or LSD. Okay so no bigger than 7 gallons gotcha! Oh I have absolutely no doubt i will mess something up along the way, but thats the beautiful thing about learning. This is also why I chose to go with the kind soil for first grow I’ve seen some people have good luck but also some that have had troubles hoping I can get dialed in with minimal troubles!

2 Likes

Why do I have such a hard time with who is doing KIND soil or organic? @Covertgrower can you tag one in?

2 Likes

Absolutely.
@Mrcrabs @MidwestGuy @jetlag @Skydiver @patchman @AAA

If I tagged anyone by mistake, you’ll survive. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::kissing_heart::rofl:

7 Likes

You should be pretty good on lights with that setup. I would just arrange so that you are maximizing amount of reflection around edges instead of maybe leaving dead space in the middle.

4 Likes

I’m doing living soil but @merlin44 is using roots I believe.

2 Likes

Hey,
@Hoppiefrog is very versed in organics and natural growing. His results are A+.

2 Likes

I use Fox Farms Ocean Forest soil (in 10 gallon fabric pots) but I do use Roots Organics dry nutrient line.

2 Likes

It looks like you are trying for a monster grow right off the bat. My first ever grow in soil in the greenhouse with 5Gal pots, the girls got so tall I had to move them outside. You have some serious horsepower already helping you, I moved over to Coco at the suggestion of many here and never looked back. The Apera meters you mentioned are great, I use Apera as well, but those two you mentioned, one measures EC/TDS and the other PH. You want to measure both TDS and PH, and if your budget allows, Apera makes the PC-60 that measures both in one pen, and for a little more they make the Zentest PC60-Z that works with an App in your cell. I have this last one and it works like magic. I also have two of their “budget” pens, if you can call them that, and they work well as well. They are now my backup pens.

2 Likes

@merlin44 How do you like the roots dry notes? I looked into that before the kind soil but I figured the less I could mess up the better. @jetlag I looked into coco and I got alittle overwhelmed, but you never know maybe one day I will feel adventurous!!! Thank you for the suggestion on the Apera both look like great options!! Haha and maybe not a monster grow but I am definitely looking to put a few jars up before winter. Our shop that my husband is building the grow room in is not heated year round so I didn’t know how well it would do in the winter months. Thank you everyone for the advice im hoping soon to be able to post some progress pics of the room and get started on My first grow!!

4 Likes

Coco is easier than soil. The plant gets exactly what you feed it, no more no less, and no issues with the soil being to hot, etc. But no worries, now my greenhouse is not heated at all, so I have these little guys, three in my case, to keep it warm in cold weather. Where we live, 25F is mighty cold, and these little guys keep the greenhouse around 62 or so until the sun comes out and does its thing. With temps even in the low 30’s they keep it around 66F. The remote thermostats work great… Looking forward to pictures of your grow.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XCJGNJK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

1 Like

Do you think it would be okay to put something like that directly into my room?!? I’m guessing so since you say you put them directly into your green house. ( stupid question) what kind of fans so you have in your greenhouse? How big is greenhouse?