First Grow, Bruce Banner and Gorilla Glue #4

BTW, I should’ve mentioned before, you’re ph- ing too low at 6.0. You should Ph Happy Frog to 6.5.

1 Like

Feeding already!!! Should be massive in another 3 weeks at this rate/schedule

1 Like

Ah scheisse!! haha Ok I hope i didnt mess it up. You kno what i was meaning to ask you, if my plants were your plants how much water would you be giving them and how often? I wanna compare to some of the elites on here to better myself as a botanist. I am not worried that im over watering at all which is good plants also look healthy and strong, just wanna see what some others do while at my week/stage of growth.

Well I got Bergmans Seedling food so thats why there getting fed. I wont start there Veg food for another week, prob this sunday. By then I predict ill have 8 nodes on my plants, 6-7 on the two smaller ones.

I don’t measure how much water I give them, I just go by feel. Lol, I know that’s no help at all. The best way to water small plants in a big pot is exactly the way you’re doing it. Just a little water in a circle around the plant. As the plant gets bigger, give more water. They’ll tell you what they want, you just have to learn how to read your plants.

1 Like

Yea this whole reading the plant is one of the most exciting parts of this process. Its like a connection between you and the plant, if you make a good connection she’ll reward you greatly in the end! lol sorry im early morning high sipping my tea. About one more week and ill be able to do my first bend and secure, Should i top it first and the after a couple days of healing then bend and secure it?

1 Like

Exactly, you must become one with your plants! I’m on my morning coffee.

Yes, top first, then start your bending. Though I wouldn’t give them time to heal, they’ll be fine with it all on the same day.

1 Like

Aright awesome advice! Your personnel opinion on node amount before beginning LST?

I think your plants are ready for some training now. You can start LST whenever you want, because it’s low stress it shouldn’t bother them at all. Now topping is a different story. You should wait for the 4th or 5th node before topping.

1 Like

Hmm thats interesting, So the bruce have 5 nodes and a 6th being created as we chat hah same with my biggest Gorilla Glue. What other LST can be done before topping tho? Bend and secure is how we get to super cropping and Scrogging. What training can i give them now?

Not sure they’re big enough for supercropping yet, that’s not LST, it’s heavy stress. For now you can start bending them down with some wire attached to the pots. If you’re thinking of SCROGing, then you’ll want to wait till they’re big enough for a net and then you train them to spread out the width of the net. So you’d start fimming and topping now and keep doing it for a few more weeks till you get lots of tops. That’s how you get a screen of green.

1 Like

Oh ok so if i am going to use a scrog then dont bend and secure? Sorry if im a little confused, I do want to scrog so should i just be waiting to be able to top? What is fimming?

Oh, ok, then start your topping now. You’ll want to top maybe 5 times because each time you do it you get two more tops.

Fimming is like topping, but you get 3 or 4 tops when done correctly. It literally stands for “fuck I missed” when trying to top. Personally, I find it easier to fim, but most prefer to top.

I’m going to be SCROGing my plant which is maybe a week behind your plants. If you’d like to SCROG along with me I can show you exactly how it’s done.

3 Likes

lmao! Yea i studied on fimming :joy: they called it pinching on Indica Institue, youtube channel i like.

Would i like to? :star_struck: yes! haha Im so excited, so check this out, I also have 8 plants in my kitchen but there trees, ill be doing bonsai with them. I was curious if i could do something similiar and i stumbled upon this crazy awesome LST example.

Spiral LST :heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Yep, that’s a great example of LST. Some people like to LST around the pot in a circle, but that spiral design is nice. There are lots of ways to do it.

I’ll tag you into my grow journal.

1 Like

So here is the Bruce Banner does it look ready for topping?

And the biggest GG

2 Likes

Yep, she’s ready to top. They’re both ready.

Where would you do it at, also im high thats not my biggest GG idk what I was thinking. hah

This will show you where to top and FIM.

1 Like

haha im scared :joy: Im gonna Fim instead of top.
These are my two best Gorilla Glues, idk why one is bushy and the other looks like a sativa hah

Bushy
Tall & Skinny

1 Like