First Grow. Blueberry, Amnesia & Northern Lights

HELP. I moved my plants yesterday, I know I didn’t rip it. Could this be an insect? It’s the left side of the plant, the left leaf. If so what should I spray on it to make it stop? I don’t see any bugs or anything, and I’m growing inside.

1 Like

@Bulldognuts @MidwestGuy @Bubblehead can you help me? I know I didn’t rip the left leaf, could it be a bug issue? I’m growing indoors and I don’t see any bugs anywhere. What should I do/use to make it stop? Whatever it is ate a third of the leaf…

1 Like

Do you check plant daily,if you don’t it would be a first. LOL. Hard to think of what could have eaten that much in a short period of time . I’ve never had any kind of bug problem. I would lean more to leave being damaged. Dumb question, you don’t any animals around right. I’ve seen a couple of people that had animals damage plants. @Covertgrower @Nicky have you seen this before

2 Likes

Yes I do have dogs, specifically a 7 month old puppy. Where I keep the plants it’s closed closet door. And yeah I do check every day sometimes multiple times a day so I was shocked this morning lol I guess it could’ve been the puppy but I’m trying to figure out when that would’ve been because door is always shut. I have Bergmans bug liquid that came with the fertilizer I didn’t realize I had… I followed directions on that and sprayed it. I did sit and see these orange-ish gnat looking things. :face_vomiting:

1 Like

OK, I’m probably not going to be any help. I haven’t had any experience with bugs. I’ll tag a couple more people see if they can help. @Myfriendis410 I see @Covertgrower responding while I’m writing this.

1 Like

I’ve seen parts of a leaf missing, and parts of them damaged, and I’m the only one that goes in the tent. I chalk it up to damaged leaves. You could always get a sticky trap and put it under it if you’re concerned.
I honestly see leaves like that too. I know that leaves will often whither away if they stayed in contact with another leaf too long. Happens a lot in my veg tent all crammed together. (Yeah yeah, expansion, I’m working on it)

2 Likes

See if you can get a pic and blow it up so everyone can see what it looks like.

2 Likes

@Mote @PharmerBob @Missiles @peachfuzz

2 Likes

A closer picture of the leaf and the underside will help.
Gnats fly around I don’t think your describing gnats… But you might go search some articles on common bugs and look at spiter mites, gnats etc and see what you think it is.

If you do have gnats stop watering, get some DE or sand and put it on top of the soil followed by getting yellow sticks and place them all over.

They like moist soil to lay their eggs, the sand or DE cuts them up and die as they dry from the cuts also the yellow stickys look like flowers so it captures the flying adults.

Ps aphids are likely to eat leaves but not gnats, gnats don’t eat anything

2 Likes

Thanks guys, I’ll take a closer pic when I get home. I looked around the pot for the broken leaf but it wasn’t there anywhere. So either the puppy somehow got it or something is eating it. I am going to order the sand and sticky’s just in case. I sprayed that Bergmans bug stuff on it and turned the light off until it drys.

This is what I have to contend with while I’m gardening.

6 Likes

Lol! Love it! Have they ever tried to eat it? I am really wondering if it was the puppy, if it was her I am shocked she didn’t pull the entire plant out. I really keep the door shut, so who knows. Racking my brain!

These guys are attached to me at the hip. I have had to keep them out. I don’t think they have gotten in tent.

2 Likes

Don’t know that I can add anything. I’ve never had to deal with bugs of any kind.

2 Likes

It’s either cutter bees or :rat::+1::grin:
That’s about all’s it can be…
And since you said closet , I’m leaning towards :rat::+1::wink:
:v::sunglasses:

I just got confirmation it was the puppy. :man_facepalming:t2: Never mind. I guess I needed to do that spray anyway since I saw those mite/gnat looking things.

1 Like

Hopefully it wasn’t after it was digested LOL

3 Likes

Sorry I just picked up the thread looks like you figured out who the culprit is. :dog:

2 Likes

LOL no, spouse confirmed she was in there for 2 seconds and last night before super bowl she had what at the time I thought was a string on her bottom lip from a toy, it was probably the wilted/chewed up leaf :rofl: just us putting 2 and 2 together.

2 Likes

These are all day 14 (top picture) vs. day 21 (today/bottom picture)

1. Amnesia haze - growing like a weed lol I can definitely tell this one grows on a daily basis, other than the puppy eating part of the leaf, it’s doing really well.

1. Northern Lights - also doing pretty well. Definitely not growing as quickly as Amnesia. Also has a deformed leaf, which is making it grow differently.

1. Blueberry - seems like it’s not hardly growing at all. I don’t notice much change from last week. Hopefully it will take off this week.

3 Likes