First Grow Black Jack, White Buffalo, Super Sour Diesel

Yep. You did. That’s supposed to really lower it. Not sure I’d ever try the iron sulphate or sulphuric acid flush on cannabis, though.

Fox farm grow big main ingredients is ammonium so this should work. But how am I going to do it without overdoing it

You’re basically using the fertilizer to drop the pH of your water to 4.5, then flushing that through your medium til the runoff is close to the sweet spot of 6.5. It’s imperative you use distilled or r/o water that’s less than 80ppm for this method. I’d check the ppm of the nute solution, too, just so you know if you’ll need to keep an eye out for nute burn (light nute burn isn’t too worrisome) Unfortunately, it seems that the efficacy of this method could take 1-2 weeks, so you won’t be able to immediately flush out any excess ppm’s.

This is a strictly an emergency method of lowering your medium’s pH. Once it gets down & stays down, remember: prevention is waaaaay better than the cure.

After this I will be switching to coco or atleast something more stable than what I have now. And I’m sure I need to straighten this out before I go into flower

1 Like

Absolutely. If you don’t get your pH under control, you’ll most likely have major nute lockouts by wk 3 or 4 of bloom.

Yep. Happened to me and I’ve battled it till the end now. Plus my plant looks like crap.

1 Like

Is there anyway I can get them out of this soil and into coco

Yeah mine was looking great but now they are slowing turning in the wrong direction

I would think it would be okay, but you’d need to transplant into larger pots. I’m really not sure if the high pH soil in the rootball would be a big deal. People do mix coco & soil, no problem.

Hopefully a coco grower will chime in with their thoughts on transplanting from soil to coco.

So no actual way to remove all the soil and go into straight coco ?

1 Like

That would be best, but not sure a cannabis plant can handle that kind of rough root handling.

@raustin How rough can you be with a photoperiod plant’s roots that’s in late veg?

I found a few threads on here where people had soil issues & needed to transplant, and when they did it they rinsed off the roots. Seems to not cause too many issues, except a bit of transplant shock, for a week or so after the rinse/transplant.

As for what kind of water (tap/ro/distilled) to use for the rinse & whether or not to pH the rinse water…not sure.

I’m fairly knowledgeable about pH issues & nute lockout, and I feel confident giving you advice on those issues. Transplanting & such is not my forte. I don’t want to give you bad info. :grinning:

You can remove the soil and go into coco, just rinse off the soil with water. It should work just fine. The roots on a photo plant can take it.

1 Like

Alright I’m going to try and flush one more time with the info you provided @blackthumbbetty. If I can’t get it down this time I’ll just tough it out and go coco next time. But one way or another they are going into flower this weekend. Any prep tips for flower?

1 Like

Make sure your grow area is free of all light leaks. You want it dark-dark. Make sure light indicators on surge protectors & such are covered.

Watch for any nute lockouts in early flower, especially with your soil. Lockouts look like deficiencies, but they’re not. They often happen early in bloom, if they’re going to happen.

Be ready for explosive growth. Adjust your light height accordingly

2 Likes

Hopefully this flush will take care of everything. If I have to dump 10 gallons this time I will lol. The light is that bad huh?

1 Like

Photo period plants are very sensitive to light leaks. Even one small power light being visible during the dark period can cause delayed flowering or even hermied plants.

Should I slowly change the lights over I have them on 18-6 now.

No need to do it slow. Just flip them to 12/12.

Well last night eased my mind a little. I did a light water just enough to collect some runoff and the ph is coming back down it was 6.8 and the ppm was a bit low at 400. So I went somewhere in the middle with the study you sent @blackthumbbetty. And I went in with 5.5ph with 1,000ppm. So let’s see what happens at the next watering

2 Likes