First grow (big bud auto)

Hey everyone first time growing ever. Took a chance on a site and got 5 seeds . Got a couple big bud autos A cinderella99 a king tut and a big yield auto. Have one big bud in papertowels now. I attempted this without help on the C99 because I wanted a sativa so I rushed it and planted it to early and too deep and you can guess the outcome. This time I’m attempting a big bud and its now in papertowels.
Have a Mars hydro setup with a 6inch vent fan and filter
600w led. I wanted to grow both at the same time in case 1 didn’t take but in the instance that they both grow then I wouldn’t have the space for both. I’ll post a pic once I see it sprouting. Any advice along the way is appreciated. Stay tuned…

6 Likes

Welcome to the forum!

3 Likes

Sounds like you learn from your mistakes. Thats a great thing! I’m doing 2 autos under a mars ts 600. My very first grow. Both started flowering 3 weeks in so im not gonna get the yield I was hoping for but anything is a win. Left is a Blueberry I topped and the right is a white widow all natural. Happy growing and I’m set to watch!

5 Likes

They look great. Why does flowering early effect the yield? Do you know what might have caused this?

1 Like

Also update. The seed split and the taproot is showing maybe a few mm at most.

I still need to get a small humidifier and a space heater to put near the tent as it is getting very cold and dry here now and my setup is in my attic. I know, I know not ideal but it is what it is and ill make it work.

2 Likes

These flowered at 3 weeks. If the started at 5 weeks I could’ve gotten more veg time and growth. But my first time so im just happy they are still alive. And hell yes on the germination! Its gonna get exciting!

Ok shes in! Suuper long taproot. I didn’t wana take a picture in fear of keeping her out too long. But as soon as see a sprout ill pic it. This time around since its colder at night I put the light timer on from sundown til the after noon in hopes the light is enough heat until my heater/humidifier comes in. Until it does ill check it more often and sprits it so it doesn’t get to dry and ill keep the fan off and see if that helps also (circulation fan not vent fan). However I also mixed a bit of water with my soil this time to make it a little more comfortable for da baby.

3 Likes

Four ltiny eaves this morning! Its only been a day and a half since planting. The soil is almost dry down to the first knuckle so I’m still just spraying with water now. I still have fears of under watering but ill leave it be. My lights are at least 24 inch high I feel like they are a little too strong to have close in the beginning since they are full spectrum. The temp and humidity are both holding at 70 at night 75 day and around 65% maybe 70 after i spray for a little. Upped my vent fan speed to medium power for more air circulation. Thats all for now but stay tuned…

I’ll take pic and zoom in as much as I can later today so you guys can hopefully tell everything looks great!

1 Like

Alright here’s the first pic. Leaves are curled so I’m assuming overwatering. So I decided not to sprits it this morning. I also lowered the light to increase the heat a little bit also because I measured and had them waay to far away from her.

RH 80
68F
Soil PH 6.7
The water i use is filtered and with a ph of 8 but I guess the soil brings it down a little.
I also turned my circulation fan on to decrease the humidity and help raise the temp also.

3 Likes

How big is your tent btw?

1 Like

Its a 32x32x63 inch.

Seedlibg looks good! I used a humidity dome on my seedlings for the first week or so

Thanks I’m feeling more in the groove of things and alot calmer this time around lol… You know I thought about doing that. Just didn’t want it to get to hot. I’m definitely doing it next grow though.

1 Like

Right on. Im just hoping for a yield and super excited about getting to my second run. Banana daddy auto and some chemdoggin auto. Im definitely ready to see what yours do!

1 Like

Little update. Actually went to Florida for a few days and was completely calm and not worried about her surprisingly. I did water down the soil quite a bit before leaving but it seemed to workout fine. Raising the temp to the mid 70s seemed to help the growth. The RH is 40 but I don’t want to sacrifice the heat to bring that up.
Anyways ill update again in a week if there’s a big change. Stay tuned…

4 Likes

Looks great!

Little update. Growing very quickly now. I water every other day right now and started adding a little foxfarm grow big. Being an auto grow I feel like adding nutrients early is the way to go because of the rate of growth. Still trying to get the humidity up but with no luck yet. Other than that I hope she looks good to everyone.

Stay tuned…

4 Likes

Ok so now that she’s growing very rapidly should I do anything to support the branches?

Its a 2x2x4.5 tent and I’d like to utilize as much of it as possible.

2 Likes

I would start LST if you were planning to. Looks awesome. Nice and bushy! She will support herself. Also if you have a fan blowing on them it will strengthen them up.

1 Like

You know what I just researched LST and you are right I need to do that asap haha. Thanks for the heads up ill post a pic after I get the supplies and knock it out. Should I cut any leaves from the bottom? Or nah

2 Likes