First Grow, Autos, QB, Any advice is appreciated!

Run the dome for a couple of weeks. It won’t hurt the plants; they like high humidity early on. When you think they are happy start exposing them more and more to the ambient conditions. If you can drop your temps 2 or 3 degrees it would be perfect, but you are just fine!

fresh air helps everything.!!
i’ve used axial fans for more then one grow box, they can move a lot of air but they need to be as unrestricted as possible, small restrictions cause large reductions in air flow.
this is why i suggested removing the sewer hose from the purple fan and opening all of the vents at the bottom.!

if your thermometer is still on the floor, this is too high, try to get it down into the mid 70’s.
this is just a guess, when my canopy temp is 78-80 the floor is mid 70’s.

good to know.!!
u were probably at the threshold, once these diodes get turned down so far they loose a lot of their efficiency, u were at 31.25% and may have still been getting good light,
i m pretty sure if u turned your 320w QB down to 65 watts hung at 24" plants would stretch…???

i m judging this from my 135w QB’s,
one 4k at 135 watts for veg,
2 for flower running about 120 watts each, one 4k and one 3k.!
i do have glass between the fixtures and the plants tho,
drilled and threaded the 135’s heat sinks, put in 3" screws and they sit on the glass…
WIN_20181029_14_55_14_Pro
u can see the reflection of the yellow wire on the right side.
the tops of those plants were ~9" below the QB’s at 120w each.

The 320’s go down to 100, no lower.

My plants do just fine.

I use a killawatt to measure my wattage. You’d be surprised how off our eyes are in gaging the actual brightness.

2 Likes

Hi everyone! No huge issues so far. Still having issues getting humidity and temp stable, but no outrageous fluctuations.
Readings tonight are humidity 39 and temp 76. I have 2 humidifiers going in there 90% of the time and it doesn’t help as much as you would think.
What is the right humidity level to go for??
They are growing like weeds (lol).
Pretty AH

The leaves on the smaller one look slightly twisted sideways, any idea why this is and how I can fix it?

1 Like

Yes I still put it on the floor. The temp and humidity are my worst issues so far, but it’s not too bad I don’t think. It’s great at night, just during the day gets warm. What’s the top number I shouldn’t let it go above, if I can help it?

When should I start feeding them nutes? AH 7 days old and NL 6 days.

I would maybe wait a week or so for nutes, and your temperatures seem just fine in my opinion.
Very new to growing as well here.
Best of luck with your grow and the little ones look great.

With temps in the high 70’s, you’re going to want to aim for an rh in the 60’s til early flower. Late flower, it can drop to 40%.

Check out this info for “Vapor Pressure Deficit (VPD)” posted on one of my old journals.

2018 Autumn Autos-dropped 8/27 - #784 by nostril

A couple good charts to show the best Temp/RH combos for growing:

This one is for bloom, specifically

This one, the green is the optimum, peach is ok

2 Likes

RH is not a big influencing factor indoors,
20-70% in veg, 30-50% in flower,
the most ideal RH would be 50-60% veg, 40-50% flower.!!
although plants do better with warm temps and higher humidity, we want to keep it low to discourage mold and bad bacteria.

80 F is my max temp at the tops of the plants.!
i keep my room 70-72 and the grow box gets to 77-79 F (its 77 right now,lol)

1 Like

So I scrapped the two smaller humidifiers and went and got one big one and it did the trick.
Turned all the way up the humidity is up to 60-62. Temps are about 75-80, a little cooler at night and morning.
I noticed this morning there is some funky coloring going on like lighter on the sides, or is it just me misinterpreting?
Also the AH has some spotting. I haven’t fed anything yet. There is extra worm castings in the soil but I have no idea if that would effect things. Any ideas? @blackthumbbetty @dbrn32 @SlowOldGuy
AH 10 days old. NL 9 days old. The NL is missing a leaf, bottom left side.

This statement is flat out wrong.

@GalaxyGirl What’s your pH? The leaf twisting is often from pH. The discoloration in the edges could also be from pH issues, but it might also be a calcium issue.

How are your cotyledons looking? Once they start yellowing, you can start feeding.

Also, how high is your light turned-up and what’s its distance from the plants?

1 Like

Ph is my first thought as well?

i respect your opinion, but i do not agree, kinda taken out of context also…
for 4 or so years, i grew in a closet using intake air from under the house (crawl space),
that closet experienced extreme temp and humidity combinations,

from my experience 20-60% RH was fine,
less then 20% and plants grew slower and were visibly stressed,
above 60% (in flower) and mold, mildew, and bud rot became problematic,

by far, there r bigger growth influences then RH…
light
temps
oxygen at the root zone
available nutrients at the root zone
pH
air circulation
plant training…

based on my experience, if in the 20-60% range, i’d concentrate more on the above items before diverting my attention to RH.!!!
some cannabis plants may require more precise humidity levels, but beginners do not need to attempt difficult plants, they should stick with tolerant strains.!

not trying to fight.!
just trying to explain my ‘false statement’, if i m still wrong, please explain.!!

Thank you Betty for helping everyone here.!! (ILGM is great)

2 Likes

Please scroll above to see my post regarding Vapor Pressure Deficit.

I used to think rh only matter in late bloom. Then someone pointed out a few of my minor problems could be VPD related. I did some research. Then, I changed my approach to humidity. No more unexplainable minor issues; just the typical blackthumbbetty whoopsies, now. :grinning:

3 Likes

I believe ya’ll are right on the PH. I assumed the reading I had before on the tap water would be the same everytime I used it but that’s obviously incorrect because now it reads 7.3 to 7.5. That or my meter is incorrect, hopefully not because I dont have a way to recalibrate it, or at least I dont know how.
I filled up some 1 gallon jugs and put a Tblsp of PH down in it and I’m going to check it soon. Not sure how long I’m supposed to wait.
Thank you all for your help!! I’m learning lol

Is 6.1 alright or should I get it a little higher?

holy chit, that sounds like a lot of pH down.!

shoot for 6.5-6.7 pH, 6.2-7.0 is acceptable.

what pH pen do u have.?
definitely look into calibrating it.!!
if nothing else u need to check the meter from time to time.

1 Like

I too am growing 3 Amnesia Haze autos. I will move them outside permanently once the nights get warmer here. My question is for the moment my girls are 2 days old and have been in the tent under the lights continuously. Should I leave them like that for a while or start to dial back the light hours? They should be ready to live outside in a week or two.