First Grow at Day 41

Hi Everybody,

So finally got my first grow going here in raining San Diego, been referencing the forum for guidance, but I think I need to reach out and find out what I’m totally blowing and what maybe I’m doing okay on. Specifics and photos below of my grow so far.

Questions:

1. I bought Cal/Mag cause I keep hearing people talking about it. Can anyone tell me if I should be using it, when, and how much? It doesn’t show up on the FF soil feeding schedule?
  2. When should I manicure these girls? Feels like maybe too soon?
  3. Is my EC run off being so high a problem?
  4. Trellis is up, but I’m not what I’m doing with it…Do I need it?
  5. What else should I be asking?

Gotta say this forum has been amaze balls! Any comments welcome. Overall I feel pretty good, but if I only knew what I don’t know :thinking: Thanks for looking and helping me!

• Strain: Auto-flowers (3-Amnesia Haze, 2-Northern Lights,1-Blueberry) Topped 4 of 6 at day 21
  • Method: Happy Frog soil 100%
    Nutrients: FF (using Big Bloom, Grow Big and started at 1/2 dose 2 wks after the seeds popped. Worked up to 3/4 dose according to week 3 of FF soil schedule. I have Tiger Bloom, Sledgehammer and Cal/Mag on standby when needed
  • Vessels: Fabric pots
  • PH of Water = 7.1, Solution = 6.23, runoff = 6.05
  • TDS of Water = 20, Solution = 1650, runoff = 4,000
  • EC of Water = 3.2 mS, nutrient solution = 2.3 mS, run off = 5.6 mS
  • Indoor
  • Light system: HLG 3 x 260 Rspec XL
  • Temps; Day = 80F , Night = 73F
  • Humidity; Day = 45%, Night = 40%
  • Ventilation system; Yes, 6 inch, 2 x oscillating fans
  • AC= 8000 btu, Humidifier = small in tent (not using) Large in outer room set to 55%
  • Co2: No

4 Likes

I love fast forward posts. Cal mag is used when you have a lot of light, and cannabis is generally hungry for both.
I wouldn’t be too concerned with the run off numbers, FFOF has a lot of nutrients in it.
Otherwise looks like you’re doing fine.

6 Likes

Nice setup and you have some great looking plants there.

2 Likes

Nice setup. That last pic shows a bit of clawing on some of the leaves, might want to back off the nutes a bit

2 Likes

Ya I was just too busy to start a grow journal on my first run. I feel like I’m about halfway to harvest so maybe I’ll do a second half “fast forward”. For the Cal/Mag question I’m not sure if I have a lot of light or not. I have (3) 260 XL respec…so not sure if I should incorporate a preventative Cal/Mag regiment or just wait to see if a Cal/Mag deficiency show up.

So it also sounds like I may be pushing the nutes a bit too much. I’ll drop down to FF trio 1/2 dose again. Thanks @Hellraiser. Also tagging a few other if they care to comment or answer one of my questions in these string @MidwestGuy, @MrPeat, @dbrn32, @Cannabian, @Myfriendis410, @DankGunslinger, @Horsehead, @Dushin91, @TripleB Thanks for your help!

So looking retrospectively on decisions I’ve made with all of your recommendations:

Really all the equipment recommendations were spot on, but especially these.

• Apera PC-60 amazing
  • (3) 260 XL respec flexibility to grow 3 different strains is cool!
  • I’ve definitely come around to the idea of ditching the tent and building out my attic space as a larger grow room.

Gotta say I’m feeling confident that I may actually have a harvest :smiley: …hopefully my over confidence is not my weakness…

5 Likes

5 ml/gallon cal mag under those lights: you can just go ahead and assume you’ve got a lot of light haha. Those will make the plants cal mag hungry. It won’t hurt to dose em. I do it at water days but you can dump it all in with the other nutes if you want.

4 Likes

:point_up: I agree. When you have that much light, unless you see the plants get nutrient burn, you’re not feeding them too much. For example, I finally ended up adding 25% worm castings to FFOF. That soil is already pretty hot. And I finally have a decent grow that’s not showing deficiencies left and right. I’ve also thrown the canna nutrient line schedule out the window. Max dosage, and then some.

3 Likes

3 260 rspec is why they are out of stock everyplace you look :sunglasses:

3 Likes

3 260 kits definitely falls into “a lot of light” category.

2 Likes

Oh ok awesome! you all clear me on that! I’ll start 5mls/gal. of cal mag. What kind of frequency? Once or twice a week?
Thanks

1 Like

If that’s the only supplement; every other watering? I don’t know your nutrient schedule (if any) so hard to say. I’m in coco now and do cal mag with every watering as opposed to feeding.

1 Like

I grow in soil so I try to remember to give my girls some Cal-mag 1 time per week.

1 Like

edit… personal information removed, please review forum policy

Sorry didn’t know…

soil soil? Or supersoil? Or fox farms soil? What are you using ? Like I know this is an old post? Just scanning around. Anyways, what are you growing your weed in?

@Cannabian I use FFOF only. :+1:

1 Like

holy dude I smoked way more than I should have! Im stupid high! Couch, food, beer, tv

1 Like

Enjoy the ride for me. :+1::+1::+1:

1 Like