First grow any advice is welcome

@fano_man already done, lol. I’ll post a pic in a few days once I get it all finished up.

They are happy in my closet grow area for now :sunglasses:

6 Likes

Merry christmas lookin good light will be your worst enemy st this point

1 Like

They are autos, so not a huge deal, but I still make sure they get their rest. I’ll mount my intake fan to the wood over the window, run cold air through my lights and then into my bedroom, never have to turn the heat on in there that way! We kinda took over, I have a grow journal if you want look at my grow.

1 Like

Still light interuptions in a routine can still muff ya up

1 Like

Dropped about 16hrs ago sitting in the dark patiently waiting.

2 Likes

4 Likes

Off to the races dropped two gg seeds this morning

2 Likes

Looking good brother can’t wait till they pop up

Looks good, this is an exciting time. I’d recommend putting the clear cup into a solid cup. Roots don’t like light.

4 Likes

@Bubblehead thanks I’ll put the clear cup inside a colored one

3 Likes

I never knew that I got mine in clear cups also I will put in colored cups soon as I get home. @Bubblehead

3 Likes

@Grizz718 @Smooch530 I love using the clear in the colored cup. It allows me to see how much moisture I have in the soil and how the root growth looks. When they are little it is very easy to over water. Once mine have broken ground I only water 6ml, measured in a syringe, around the due of the cup. I want the roots to get air and search for water. Looking in through the clear cup gives me a good indication when to water and when to increase watering.

4 Likes

My contribution, such as it may be, is to pay attention to the potential height of your strain. 70" will not give you a ton of head clearance once the light and inline fan/filter is in place. (Also calculate the container height as it raises the plant. Which is kind of a simple thing to say but can be forgotten in planning.) Plan on SCROG as this is super handy to tie down to keep out of the light. They say they double when flipped so you may want to watch your plant height and flip when their perceived double would not exceed 12" to the light at the end. I battled that the first two grows and now have a Gorilla tent with extension. It can be frustrating but certainly do able. Been there, done that. It is not hard, just needs addressed as you go.

Best of luck! Next thing you know, you will be on grow 3 and it will be like your third child, almost self reliant! They are not called weed for nothing. :laughing:

4 Likes

My seedlings are in clear cups, I just put duct tape on like half of the outside, that way I can still see moisture, and it blocks most of the light, plus I put them all together so not much light gets to the sides of them. And they are not going to be in those cup long, you will have to up pot them in a week or two. I like the idea of the clear cup inside the colored cup, then you could just water in the colored cup and let the roots stretch to it, better then washing them out till they flop over, like I have did many times.

1 Like

Watering the solid cup is not a recommended practice. The distance between the bottoms of the cups would need too much water and it would water log the soil. Potentially drowning your seedlings. When they are young they literally only need a few ml of water.

2 Likes

Here are my babies

And the real babies

I dropped the seeds in water on the 19th for the bigger ones and dropped the seeds in water on the 26 for the ones that popped up today

Dropped these seeds in water nov 6
So they are about 55 days old today

5 Likes

Are those autos?

@Grizz718 yea, most of what you see in that picture are WW autos, in the back and on the sides there are BB auto, and 2 AHaze auto.

I just asked because you said 55 days from sprout which is pretty fast for them to be in the stage of flowering that they are in

Those are 55 days since I put the seeds in water so prob about 50 days from sprout.
They still have a while to go, I am going to switch back to photos after this next batch is done. I don’t like haveing some plants be 3 or 4 weeks further along than others when they all started at the same time. That’s the one down side to autos I have noticed

2 Likes