First grow and post

Hello everyone , I have been hanging around for a long time and finally decided to attempt my own grow. That has led me to this first posting and I have to start it off with a big thank you to the community and all that contribute to the forum. The information has been awesome and super helpful so again thank you all!

Now on to my grow , this is my first attempt and only happened because while enjoying some forbidden fruit I came across a seed and planted it. Since it spouted I used some cheap LED lights that I got from Amazon for doing reviews and it kept going well so back on Amazon I went and ordered a bunch of stuff to step my game up.

Everything seems to be going fine but I think I could use a little help in direction here. When I first started the tent I was using a 1000w LED in a 2x4x5 tent and could not tell if it was too much for the plant or if the plant was getting nutrient deficiency so I changed the setup over to a 400w cob and I also started 2 autoflower AK47 as well. I am hoping I can figure out how to post the pictures and they are in this post , the big girl is the Forbidden fruit and has been topped and just fimed a couple of days ago.

So now I am wondering how to keep the forbidden fruit from becoming a SOG over the other plants. Are we supposed to prune these plants such as those big ass fan leaves? I did move a few branches down to expose others but I think she is out of control …

12 Likes

10 Likes

good lookin plants @MikeSteel

2 Likes

Thanks @Sasquatch

@MikeSteel. What kind of 1000w led is it. Plant looks good. Also, the little LEDs I see in the corner of tent will not cut it alone. Are you still using the 1000w light. If so how high above plant is it. Also, what kind of cob and you get and how high also?

1 Like

Hey @HornHead thanks, At the moment the current setup is the 400w Hipargero COB and I am using two of those small lights you notice in the corner of the tent as well in an attempt to add some light at the ends of the tent. Not really hoping for much out of them and I cannot imagine they take up much electricity. The 400w light is about 2ft away from the big plant literally just out of the picture of the full setup. I used a light meter to range the canopy as well as the suggested height and she seems happy but I wish I could be closer to the small ones which is another reason I added the silly small lights.

The 1000w is a BWL 1000W Double Chips LED Grow Light, full spectrum and I had it a little higher as the light meter maxed out at 2 ft .Let me know if I missed anything. I am afraid of using the 1000w even hung at the very top of the tent, no problems with heat at all .

@MikeSteel. Really you should be good adding the 1000w. I’d start it as high up as you can and slowly lower an inch or so every couple days. I have my 400w cob 18" above mine. And just set the pots with the smaller plants on something to raise them up. You can check out my setup at “here we go again”. It’s my white widow journal

1 Like

And you should have one of the small lights from the corner over the baby plant

2 Likes

@MikeSteel. Hey, I checked out your lights on Amazon, found the cob, not the other. The way the cob light themselves are arranged, I’d rotate your plant through out the day just because it has one 3000k light on one side and the 5000k on the other. Two different colors coming out of those lights

1 Like

Set the smaller plants up on milk crates.

2 Likes

@MikeSteel

Welcome to ILGM

Don’t cut the fan leafs off they are like solar panels. They take the light and convert it into to energy for the plant. With out them the plant won’t produce a good harvest
And that plant looks awesome…

Will

5 Likes

I couldn’t find the 1000w listing on Amazon either , I’ll have to take the box out and take a pic. I have the little light over the baby and milk crate added to even things out. Thanks for the info on the fan leafs they were getting so big I was worrying they were blocking and not converting the light. Here’s an updated pic of the setup!
Oh and sorry I was unable to reply for 24 hours since I have not posted in the forums.
I guess I should have chimed in a long time ago lol. IMG_20180216_194752|666x500

5 Likes

If this was my setup, I’d have the smaller lights over the smaller plants and have cob over the bigger plant by itself

2 Likes

Thanks I think those little lights aren’t much at all but they do help and add colors to the spectrum. The next batch I’m going to give the 1000w a try in a taller tent.

Okay so as a little update I have found that the baby did not grow well. I have taken the baby out of the tent and I am giving it some TLC under its own low powered light 12w LED in hopes that it comes back to life. My other girls on the other hand are doing quite well! I moved things up a bit a I have been giving them both some dyna. I just switched them to 12/12 lets so lets see if that seed that I guess identified as a female is a female and I know the small girl is a girl because that is a autoflower ;). Thanks for hanging in there with me and I will continue posting as things progress . Thanks for all the help

4 Likes

Looking good!

2 Likes

Things are going well besides the fact I could use much more room. I am hoping my timing is correct and the big girl does not stretch anymore, they are both starting the flowering phase and sure enough that little seed I found did turn out to be a female! WOOOOOO HOOOO!!! Nothing better than finding a good seed before you smoke it. Here are a few pics and again just a quick thanks to all that contribute information to the forum as it helped and continues to be helpful.

2 Likes

1 Like

That first pic is a gift from what I was just smoking this morning. I put a bud of Green Crack in my grinder and took a look before I packed by bowl. I seen a seed, then another and another I went through everything I had and it was just that one bud which gave the 10 you see and 4 others that did not look good to me.

The other pics are my girls being trained and super cropped during flowering 1st full week since signs of buds and they were growing way too big for the tent (my fault) so I went with this technique and it has been doing well. The last pic I just did today and the stems already are holding themselves up on their own now. Not too long now…

1 Like