First grow and need help

As far as transplanting you definitely should consider using fabric pots. They allow for more oxygen to get to the root system. Which allows for healthy roots. They are also more forgiving if you over water.

2 Likes

Like @Covertgrower pointed out always try to take pictures with natural light or with flash from camera.

1 Like

@Bulldognuts @Covertgrower here’s a natural light picture thank you guys for the help. I have a fabric pot for my big one I’ll be moving it here soon. I don’t see any changes in leaf color hopefully this picture is better I’ll take them without the light from now on.

3 Likes

She looks better without the purple lol. Still wilty though. Let it dry out. She’ll be okay.

2 Likes

Awesome I’m happy to hear that you guys have been awesome thanks for the support. Hopefully I’ll be able to show her off when shes done.

2 Likes

That’s what we are here for. Support. Tag us anytime with the @ symbol.

2 Likes

@Covertgrower always beats me to it. LOL. I agree doesn’t look to bad. If soil is still damp check weight of pot. You’ll be able to get a idea of how damp or dry soil is by checking weight. When it drys out you’ll be able to tell by weight.

2 Likes

@Covertgrower @Bulldognuts Dang you two are fast today…I was busy getting dinner ready for to night and publishing my new update.

I agree with everything that has been said. Other than the droopy leaves the plant looks good. Let her dry out and you will be surprised how it comes back. Remember at the end of the day these are just weeds and hearty ones at that…

2 Likes

I was just looking at your update. They are looking good.

1 Like

Thanks I may just pull it off after all.

1 Like

@Bubblehead When you say dry them out do you mean wait until it’s completely dry then some to water or when it drys out give them water and see how they do? I’m going to do a 1:4 hydrogen peroxide/water to get rid of the gnat larvae and hopefully help them a bit.

1 Like

They’ll be okay once they dry out. I would add the hydrogen peroxide the next time they need water. Water is the last thing they need right now.

1 Like

I am not sure how to get rid of the gnat larvae but I do know if you put H2O2 in your soil it can kill the good microbes in the soil. You can add more by using some recharge on one of your waterings.

If you pick up your pot as it is right now it will probably feel “heavy”. Keep picking up the pot until is feels “light” it may be a few days. As an example my plants are near the end of their life cycle and I water them a gallon, typically, every third day.

Another way to check if your plants are ready for some water is to stick your finger in the soil to the second knuckle. If you feel moist soil they are not ready for water.

1 Like

@Bubblehead Okay Ill try that out thanks, the grow guides on here said that that or BTI is what I would need to stop them. I want to try hydrogen peroxide first since the only way I can get BTI is in mosquitoe killer and I don’t want to put that on my plant.

I haven’t got any experience with pest control but if you use search feature just type in pest control or even something more specific you’ll be able to find threads that will help you get control of problem.

2 Likes

I’ll do some more research today for sure I definitely don’t want an infestation. I’m glad I saw them before they started to eat my plant.

1 Like

@Bubblehead @Covertgrower @SeaSeaside_guy1
I let the soil dry out past an inch and have started to treat the soil for the pests but my plant has only gotten worse the leaves up top are curling and hardening and older leaves are dying off. I know the wilting is more than likely from over watering and there is a good amount of new growth so I don’t think it’s gone but should I clip these leaves and clean up the bad parts of the plant? Any way to fix them or is this something that’s just gonna fix itself? Also transplanting today the roots started growing towards the top of the soil

Fill this support ticket out and we will see what the experts have to say.

What strain: Seed bank, or bag seed
Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF
Vessels: Pots, Grow beds, Buckets, Troths
PH of Water: Solution, runoff (if Applicable)
PPM/TDS or EC: of nutrient solution if applicable
Indoor or Outdoor:
Light system:
Temps: Day, Night
Humidity: Day, Night
Ventilation system: Yes, No, Size
AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,
Co2: Yes, No

Have you got your PH in good shape? Looks to me they need bigger pots now as well.

One thing to look at might be the distance your plants are from your lighting. Plants will turn down like that when they are trying to hide from too much light intensity.

24 inches is a good distance for plants that age. Certainly no closer than 18.