First grow and need help with my sour diesel auto. Day 57

This is a sour diesel autoflower from ilgm. I planted in feb 7th after it was germinated and here I am now. Im using a sf2000 in a 2x4 tent with a humidifier, 2 fans, and AC infinity t4 inline fan with a carbon filter on it. It started flowering after 4 weeks since it was spouted. I’ve used living soil on the bottom and organic soil for the rest of it. It’s growing in a 3 gallon fabric pot. There was a nutrient problem around week 6 after just using cal-mag and the living soil so I gave it a half dose of general hydroponics nutrients. I’ve continued to just use cal-mag after that and here it is now. There was also fungus gnats that was probably from the living soil so I had to use diatomaceous earth and it looks like it was resolved. Also I know it’s small but It’s my first grow and I’ve had problems. What should I do with my nutrient deficiency? And how many weeks do you think till harvest?

2 Likes

Can u get some close up of trichs with a loupe or usb microscope? The only way i can tell for harvest. Keep checking for those pesky pests.

1 Like

Do you have a ph and tds meter to test runoff? I tried to zoom in and you still have alot of white pistils. Also looks like you have/had a ph issue which mightve caused a nutrient lockout. As far as your fungus gnats went, i use DE and i also try to back off on watering to allow the soil to get more dry in the first few inches to kill off the eggs and to detour the adults. I havent had an issue this grow, but last grow i did and im in living soil. Close up pics of the bud would be helpful. Also temps amd humidity play a major role along with your light. Can you answer as many questions here to help us help you?

3 Likes

Did you spray them with anything? Some of the damage looks a lot like lens burn from being under lights while still wet. There are other things going on too but please fill out the support ticket.

1 Like

I tested the ph when I first noticed a sign of defiency about 3 weeks ago and it was around 6.5. I used ph test strips on the runoff water. The light I’m using is a spider farmer 2000 which is 200W. The humidity has stayed 40-55% during flowering and 50-70% during vegetative. The temp has been 68-80F when the lights are on and 65-72 when the lights are off.

1 Like

No I haven’t sprayed anything on the plants. And I filled out the rest of the support ticket.

1 Like

Looks to me like she’s in bad need of some P and K, maybe even some N. In other words she’s starving. Like @ChittyChittyBangin said it could likely be a lockout caused by pH. A pH meter and a TDS meter are necessary tools for growers. The pH strips aren’t accurate enough to use when growing.

Considering it’s only a few weeks from harvest do you think I should give it those nutrients?

1 Like

I would give a dose of nutrients by the sounds of it you are under feeding it. You should be watering it so that about 5-10% runs through the bottom of the pot. With fabric pots your gonna have to water it a little slower. Your ppm should be around 1100 or so untill about the last week of flower then drop it down to about 400ppm. You should also be giving it nutrients every week at least once. But make sure your letting your water run through otherwise you will get salt buildup and your ppm will skyrocket. I like to check my ppm on the watering before nutrients.

2 Likes

Thank you. I didn’t use the right nutrients this grow because I was hoping the living soil would cover it(It didn’t). Also do you recommend a certain nutrients for auto flowers for my next grow.

@Logan if you want a living soil that will carry you from seed to harvest, a minimum 15 gallon pot, recommended 20 gal. I use Coast of Maine Stonington blend and grow in 5 gal pots. I have to add dry amendments at 4 weeks, 8 weeks, top with worm castings, then amendment at 12 weeks. By amendmendments is 1/4 cup dry plant nutrients. I use com organic plant food for veg and the com buds and bloom for flower. I tried a different nute my last grow and wasnt happy. I had better results with com nutes. Im also using tribus this grow around and im very happy with the results so far.

2 Likes

Thanks I’ll take it into consideration. But have you tried any liquid nutes? I’m hoping to use liquid nutes for my next grow with a cal/mag supplement as well . In a 5 gal pot with organic coast of maine soil .

@Logan the only liquid nutes i have used that were organic was called Elm Dirt. Thats whats finishing up in my flower room now. These were grown in Coast of Maine and used Elm Dirts Nute Line. 2 dry amendments and 2 liquid.

1 Like

How much, and how often are you water/fertilizing?