First Grow and my last for a while

I was just sitting here reminiscing about my very first grow. I was so proud it actually sprouted and got to be maybe 10 ins. I thought I was so cool and stealth. One day my Mom (I was in college, 1966) asked me what I was growing and because I was so cool and stealth told her a tomato plant. Thinking she bought it, I cracked up, until a few days later I came home and she met me at the door with my poor little dead plant ‘this is not a tomato plant’. End of my weed cultivation for a while!!! :woman_farmer:t4:

9 Likes

Lmao bummer

2 Likes

Jump back to the future 2018…
So how is your cultivation ventures going now…? :wink:
Had to ask…
:v: :sunglasses:

I continuously planted in my parents back yard. Everyday id water and talk to them. Strangest thing they always were gone after reaching to be about knee high. Being a teen id just replant until i came home from school early & saw my dad pulling them up. So he had bamboo growing & i planted just one. He never saw it & that started me to growing.

2 Likes

When I first became a little stoner, we lived in an apartment complex. Mom had been dating a dairy farmer at the time when she built a new house. He had brought over a tri-axle full of really high quality composed soil from the bottom of a sloped field out of its erosion flood area. This was spread into a new vegetable garden. My first grow was hidden behind the corn. Planted in early June, by early August the plants were racing past the 5 foot corn. …then Mom’s lady friend gardener came over.
Mom just HAD to show her how good our first garden was going. I still remember the quote; “oh, what a beautiful, productive garden. But that’s not corn back there!” My mother was sort of cool with it, but shortly after, all the premature buds got clipped. To this day I suspect her gardener friend’s kid came and swiped them. If it was mom,she would’ve just ripped ‘em out.

2 Likes

Well if she could recognize them & mom didnt i suspect someone had some free smoke. Lol

1 Like

@peachfuzz I have come a long way since then for sure. Here are a few pics for you and resulting Harvest. Out of 6 gals I got a pound +! :woman_farmer:t4:

5 Likes

Very nice… you go girl… :wink:

Thks for sharing… :wink:

Wish I could grow outside… lucky duck… :wink:

2 Likes

Thank you! I am an old lady in a w/c and retired, and I Love Growing Marijuana! I am very lucky my yard is a haven for the girls, with sunshine all day and my beautiful voice that I sing to them my little ‘grow’ song in. They want for nothing and keep me running to meet their demands :woman_farmer:t4:

1 Like

I have a feeling I might do everything I could to meet your demands as well… :wink:
It’s a very beautiful and fun hobby to enjoy… :wink:
Much luv… enjoy your bounty… :wink:

1 Like

Beautiful awesome grow! Hats off to you my dear

2 Likes