First grow and journal Mulegal here

@highcountrygal, if you find the pic, I will be able to tell which she was.

Did you ride with others? horses? If you kept pace or were faster than the horses, it 's pretty definitely a mule. Donkeys are much slower. They don’t mix so well on group rides, as the mule and horse people do alot of waiting for the donkeys to catch up.

Both mules and donkeys come in a wide variety of sizes and colors.

Emma and Cayenne are donkeys
Jessie, Willa and Maggie Mae are Mules
Gerber is a mustang (horse)

That’s why I grow my own hay…many mouths to feed.

2 Likes

No chit surelock! I can see her in my minds eye now she was colored like the young one dark with white/tan muzzle big ears and about the size of Willa M, she was my x’s I had the appaloosa donkey and before these two we had Israel the regular generic looking donkey kind with what we called a cross a line down his back and across his withers. Oh we went all over the place, it was just me and my x. I love, love the smell of first cutting.

1 Like

@mulegal Did you try a bit o Willa? Are you out playing in your field of grass. Did the aliens getcha?

Hi HCG. Try a bit o Willa?? Is that like bit o Honey but better?

Outside working all day. Good day but long. First irrigation of the year…sweet.

Willa’s looking about the same, babies are growing quickly. Will be transplanting this week. Times a flying.

How are your girls? Ready for the harvest yet?

Thanks for asking for me, sometimes days can go by hahahaha

2 Likes

Morning all @highcountrygal, @Covertgrower, @Myfriendis410, @Mrcrabs, @FloridaSon, @raustin, @GreenThunder, @BIGE, @blackthumbbetty

Was MIA yesterday as my first irrigation turn for the season started. Yeeehaaaw. The fields were getting dry. Could almost hear them slurp it up and turn bright green before my eyes.

Tried to upload a couple pics, but no go for some reason. Out to move the water again for the second time this morning.

To keep this cannabis related…WillaJ is still frosty and happy…maybe another week.

8 Likes

Good morning everyone, I’m getting medicated to get my work duties on as well, hope everyone has a wonderful day!

3 Likes

Raining here today as well. All the girls will love it, but I need to get some stuff done today.

Looks like I’ll be working in the liquid sunshine…

3 Likes

Hope your day goes well @Mrcrabs. And @FloridaSon, yup make your own sunshine today :slightly_smiling_face:

Trying pics again.

Never did get my main ditch trimmed up proper this spring. Guess I’ve been minding WillaJ and learning new skills :clap:

8 Likes

@mulegal Good morning! Oh how beautiful your land is! I can just imagine the smell of new cut hay, sweet, earthy!

Here I thought you snuck a bud off of Willa to try:) and we lost ya in outer space! Willa should be changing soon, any red hairs (pistols)? How about the trichomes? any color change? I am thinking just maybe by the end of this week, maybe. I think this is the order they will finish 1st The other Exorcist 2nd The other Chuckie 3rd The Exorcist and finally Chuckies Goo. Now I haven’t been outside yet so when I get back in I’ll let you know. They are 3 months 2 weeks… I need to read the Cha-ching label to see how many more times I can use it before stopping. It is getting so close but yet so far away! 3 more degrees until it’s 60’ that’s when I can at least sit in the sun to get warm!

1 Like

Border Collies? My x and I had Australian Sheppard’s. Parrallel again!

My dad loved Aussies! Before he started dog training he had a champion frisbee dog that was a red merle(sp?)

2 Likes

I won’t get that much rain, but I take what I can get!

The cats like having clean fresh water too…

I gave them the clay pot because standing on the rim led to funny missteps that the cats saw no humor in.

One of the feral cats I have hand tamed. I call him Little Kitty because he was so tiny as a kitten.

Not so little anymore…

2 Likes

Ya maybe I need to try just one? How to dry one for test?

She has some pistols changing, but not sure about trich’s. Will check later when I have a few minutes. In and out today with the water. I’ve got it till 6pm, but it’s a huge head of water and I might not need it full turn.

Yes old Keeper, my sweet Border Collie. I also have a young Kelpie…she is a challenge.

Thinking of your girls. Enjoy some sun. I’ll catch up later on.

3 Likes

So you are going to be brave huh! Find a little budlet near the top and snip it off leaving a little stem to hang it upside down by, hang it up leaving all leaves on it until it dry, for me ‘spongy’ dry but soft. Trim off the biggies, the old big leaves, it should look like an untrimmed cola. Over a plate or some thing , now this is how I taught myself, imagine a bud from your budman, this is what you want it to look like so take your trimmers and trim the sugar leaf including the stems of the biggest ones off close to the good stuff and there is your trimmed bud ready to smoke. Take the sugar leaves and trim and I keep them in plastic disposable containers, this will be where your keef for dry rub comes from. Here is a pic of one of my trimmed buds

Untrimmed in tray trimmed in dryer

Ready to go!

5 Likes

@mulegal aren’t you supposed to ride mules to go do that work? Just messin. Glad you have water to irrigate with!

1 Like

Ps it’s different when you do the whole thing, I’ll finish when you are almost there

@mulegal THIS BUD’S FOR YOU, MY FRIEND! In your honor. The Exorcist you wanted to try!

Waiting!

Oh noooooo Mr. Bill

and a ‘tall’ one at that!

That’s my story and I’m stickin’ to it! Enjoy, I know I will!

6 Likes

Yeah I really like the Aussies myself too @FloridaSon and @highcountrygal. Keeper just found me, and she’s been a great dog from day one. Some BC’s are wound pretty tight though. The Kelpie/BC cross I have is spun. I ain’t given up on her yet, but she does try my patience.

Cat looks like it likes that bucket of fresh rain. Sweet stuff.

1 Like

Oh @Covertgrower, believe me, they would love to be out there with me in it. hahaha They whine and beg and gaze longingly at the water. Nah, not so much help they’d be.

1 Like

Good Grief @highcountrygal…What have I done?? I snipped a budlet. Wow she really smells good. It’s a hanging. I hope it’s good. Heck I’ll like it no matter what hahaha How long to hang? couple days? It’s a little budlet not a big cola.

Hahahahahaha…I’m excited now :star_struck:

2 Likes