First grow and journal Mulegal here

@highcountrygal, @Myfriendis410, @Dieselgrower, @FloridaSon, @MattyBear, @BIGE, @Covertgrower et all

OK boys and girls, I got a new toy and just now had the chance to figure it out. Sometimes inclement weather can allow us to do indoor things :slight_smile:

So here is a new perspective on WJ at 10 weeks and 1 day old.

10 Likes

It must be snowing in Norcal! Beautiful! Any question about what frost is:)

Crank that baby up! Letā€™s see some snow!

Frosty girl.

It always makes me smile when those trichomes start to build and spread! It wonā€™t be long before you think someone came by at night and dusted them with powdered sugar!!

Enticingā€¦

2 Likes

Happy anniversary @FloridaSon and your JH is looking great @mulegal

1 Like

Thanks everyone. Snowing on the peaks.

This is a totally new experienceā€¦hahahaā€¦I canā€™t stop grinning. This plant keeps going to places I never knew existed.

S and I were laughing yesterday about 2 plants I grew in the deep dark woods in CT back in 70ā€™s. They got about 4ā€™ tall somehow with zero attention and I cut them down and hung them to dry in the attic. They never got to budā€¦hahahahaha talk about clueless. And yes, I smoked the dried leaves

4 Likes

Still out of likes @mulegal that story reminds me of a neighbor we stole some fan leaves from a plant he had hidden in his corn. Clueless!!

hahahaha It might take us awhile Covert, but we do eventually get things figured outā€¦ :+1: :smile:

1 Like

@highcountrygal, @Myfriendis410, @FloridaSon, @raustin, @MattyBear, @BIGE, @Covertgrower, and anyone else

Ok, been reading up on ā€˜when to harvestā€™ Place I bought this AHA said ā€œThis will take 12 weeks to harvestā€. Are these things that clear??

Iā€™ve watched the pistols sprout, Iā€™ve watched the buds plump and the branches stretch. The look has gotten frosty. Now I can see trichā€™s but not sure if they are clear or cloudy? Some of the pistols are getting darker.

I know we canā€™t predict the future, but to your educated eyes, how close is this getting? This is 10 weeks and 2 days. I promise not to ask this question every dayā€¦maybe.

Are these trichā€™s clear? or is the picture just not clear? Iā€™m on a fast learning curve here also new camera hahahaha

another week? If I am to err on one side or the other, Iā€™d rather energetic than couch lock

7 Likes

Itā€™s hard for a picture to do them justice.

From that image, and the effects youā€™re going for, check back in a week. It looks like there is still a lot of clear and I didnā€™t see amber anywhere in there. A little amber shouldnā€™t sit you down.

3 Likes

another week @mulegal at leastā€¦pretty buds
picture not real clear

1 Like

OK @FloridaSon, you think I can unstress for a weekā€¦cool. Thanks

2 Likes

And @BIGE too, another week. Iā€™m breathing, Iā€™m breathingā€¦

1 Like

@mulegal yeah they are still in the clear stage, when they get cloudy they look ā€˜milkyā€™, not as bright and shiny like your pic. My batteries are dead so I have to get up the gumption to go to W world to get some. I have a gut feeling they are 2 1/2 to 3 wks. An auto right? Keep your eye on them and make sure to check the lower ones as well they may be the ones you leave on for another week to ripen. I see every one else thinks a week, me always being the odd ball, thinks more time. As soon as you can get Willa out start to deep water her I mean the whole shebang, they require a lot of water now and that will help the flushing, getting rid of all that accumulated stuff. Donā€™t worry about fungus gnats now, let her suck up as much as she wants, she will tell when sheā€™s done. Sheā€™ll be very heavy so put her some where she can drain.

No I didnā€™t see the moth special, but I love PBS. I am hooked on the weather channel lately watching all the videoā€™s on hurricanes, tornados etc. Last night they told the whole story of the Donner Party through living relatives and historians. I can not even imagine. Any time you see something good on tv let me know. I also watch every Blue Planet I and II and planet Earth and Sir David Attenborough is my hero as far as knowing this planet and itā€™s animal kingdom. Of course Ancient Aliens, and that kinda stuff.
I am going to go do my last hoverover. Itā€™s cold and windy, BbbbbRRRRRRR

You seen the Nature one about the biologist who lives with the Turkeys? Fabulous. Heā€™s also done one with Mule Deer, but Iā€™ve not seen that one.

I only have a house antenna, no satellite TV, so PBS is pretty much what I watch

HCG ā€¦ 2.5 to 3 weeksā€¦OK I can relax for sure. ThanksI was starting to spin.

@mulegal you have some time, but if you check with a jewelers loupe youā€™ll be able to check easier. Theyā€™re looking great though.

OK @Covertgrowerā€¦Iā€™m chillin hahaha Thanks

2 Likes

Always easier to tell in person. One tip that helped me is that clear trichomes have a glass like appearance while cloudy ones look more like plastic.
I only let my sour diesel get a small amount of amber before I harvested. I donā€™t notice any couchlockā€¦ a little amber wonā€™t hurt and youā€™ll be more likely to not have clears :v::green_heart:

4 Likes

Someone else pointed out that when the trichomes go cloudy your frosty plant quits looking frosty because the milky trichā€™s donā€™t reflect like clear. So an overall visual is helpful to yourself too. I had an S.D. plant spontaneously seed due to heat stress last year and the first clue I had was the plant went from super frosty to nothing overnight.

3 Likes