First grow and journal Mulegal here

You’re not cutting in @highcountrygal. I bought some BT, but not sure it worked on aphids. Anyhow I think that is taken care of…up in smoke, so to speak.

I did see a moth last week. Since WillaJ is now flowering is it too late to spray with this BT? I will start the next generation when they get going. Still waiting for them to surface…toe tapping.

2 Likes

@mulegal Yes it is to late for Willa, that’s why I am panicking about the big girls. I started yesterday on all babies and will every Sunday all the way through to the end. What to look for are a lot of tiny little black dots, that is worm poop, usually around the buds, and there might/could be brown spots in your bud where they have eaten. They are also called inch worms. I haven’t seen any moths yet but because I don’t see then doesn’t mean they ain’t there! Okay I am going outside for my hourly check.

@mulegal have tried this yet but it looks like it will prevent the moths from laying eggs.

They have different bag sizes. You probably want to build something like a pvc cage around the girls so the netting doesn’t come in direct contact with the plant. Otherwise the dreaded moths might lay their eggs on the netting and them they seep through. I’m sticking with the Monterey Spinosad for now because my girls will hopefully get as big as last year. Just a thought and trying to help out!

Well thanks @DaGoose. Someone here was talking about those, but I didn’t know what to look for. I may have to resort to this, if the bugs get bad this year. I think the Monterey products are organic which I prefer. I’ll resort to chemical options if I must, but much prefer other deterents.

This is my first summer outdoor grow and I’m not sure what to expect. But @highcountrygal and @Myfriendis410 are real successful growers here and they have warned me about the worms and whiteflies and such . I know that I need to inspect every day.

2 Likes

I don’t know if this will help your issue at all but I had good results with a product I ordered off of Amazon called SNS 209. You can use it as foliar and/or as a systemic application. Follow the directions on the bottle if you get some if it applies to your circumstances. Good luck. Have a nice morning

That was me. I use those same bags.

@highcountrygal, @Covertgrower, @MattyBear, @merlin44, @Countryboyjvd1971, @Myfriendis410, @blackthumbbetty, @raustin

Let The Games Begin!!

One of my JH seeds has broken the soil. :boom: :dizzy: :heart_eyes: :seedling:

Grow baby Grow . One more JH and two AHa’s still doing their thing underground. Doing the happy dance.

9 Likes

Woohoo @mulegal cant wait to see her grow

Very nice! Exciting time. Now the adventure really begins. Enjoy your grow!

1 Like

YippeeSkippy!

Your such a tease with no pictures @mulegal lol.

Hahahaha @Covertgrower. You are aching to plant your JH’s I know. So here’s a preview for ya. She just broke ground last night and is already showing her first true leaves. Yowza! ILGM breeding :+1:

5 Likes

Absolutely beautiful @mulegal

1 Like

And then there were THREE

So both ILGM Jack Herer’s are up and one Amnesia Haze auto is peeking through.

5 Likes

So @highcountrygal, you asked if I started any of my mules. Well here is my Cole. I bought from a friend before birth. He broke my nose at 1 day old, it was a sign hahaha. Brought him and his mum to my place until weaning when she went home. I started him packing and then got him riding after a few years of mountain education. His mother was a mustang, and he was strong and smart and had the best feet I’ve ever seen. He was a handful. Always challenging, and negotiating. Not mean, just needed firmer handling than I am comfortable doing, all the time for the entire ride. I’m sure part of that was simply he was a john. I much prefer a molly. They settle down and get with the program, no muss, no fuss. But he was magnificent. Jet black, not a light hair on him anywhere, not even his muzzle. At age 10, I gave him to another friend who likes that energy and they have been a solid team ever since.

7 Likes

@mulegal Oh way did cancer have to mess me up! I think I told you that my plan for retirement was to trailer our horses up through all the State Parks we could. I was looking for my camping pics but cannot find them! I hope I didn’t lose them, they were on discs. I’ll keep looking! Sun’s out and so will I be soon!

Here’s a little evening grain on the highline to settl;e in before it’s dinner for humans.

Jessie in background and Maggie Mae fore

5 Likes

Next morning packing up

And heading on…

4 Likes

@mulegal Are these fairly recent? You remind me of me so much! I am so homesick for the trail! Your babies are absolutely the picture of health, they are so beautiful!

1 Like

2014 Trip to Morris Meadows @highcountrygal . So 4 years ago. I’m a little greyer and a little heavier, but that’s life. Yeah life on the trail is grand. Easy and quiet. Plenty of time to enjoy natures wonders. Feel the sun and breeze and listen to the mules footfalls, steady and true. Too bad we hadn’t met earlier on. I bet we could’ve had some grand adventures. :evergreen_tree: :partly_sunny: :national_park: :waxing_gibbous_moon: :evergreen_tree:

I’m so grateful that my health is pretty good. I have so many friends like yourself HCG that are dealing with major life changes due to health issues. I try and savor every day. I ‘try’.

I never made it to the mountains last year. First time ever in over 20 years. It worries me.

2 Likes