First grow and journal Mulegal here

That 3 weeks will go quickly I bet. Things warming up any for you? Days getting sunnier? You’re in AK right?

1 Like

Days are getting longer, but we got several inches of snow (and still falling) since last night. I know there are people who have outdoor grows, up here, but I’m not sure how, especially as far north as I am.

Okie Dokie HCG, today is a feed day. “Drink little buttercup, Drink”

1 Like

@Covertgrower keep those seeds safe until you get moved…then go for it big time :grinning:

2 Likes

I’m working on a few things to get lined up for when I get there. I might go bigger than I even thought was possible. We will see. @mulegal

1 Like

Ya, ya, ya @highcountrygal. It’ll be fun to see how each plant responds.

Actually you’ve convinced me on the gypsum already. Remember you recommended it when my stems were scrawny? They bulked right up afterwords. I am really looking forward to it all.

Been doling out tiny bit of my dry, brown, dusty weed to smoke. Funny I never thought about how it really tasted, and now I’m thinking it’s pretty harsh and rough tasting. So looking forward to my own.

8 weeks till Bishop departure. WillaJ be done and dried by then??

2 Likes

Well you’ve got it figured out how to grow up there. Impressive.

Reading about new snow makes me shiver…I don’t like the cold one little bit hahahahaha

2 Likes

One note: be careful of Beastie Bloomz as it can have an opposite effect. I do one dose at early flower only. Per the feed chart.

2 Likes

@mulegal Mornin’ Have you been ‘dancin’ in the Moonlight" waiting for the King Harvest? And away you go, off on your grow, I already know, you’re gonna love it so! So get that shovel grab that hoe, get out in that garden and make it grow!

3 Likes

“Dancin in the moonlight” for sure @highcountrygal. I am stoked.

Seeds in the paper towel. I think the JH’s will be ready for soil tonight. I’ve already got the seed pots ready WoooooHoooooo

3 Likes

And HCG that Beastie Bloomz seems to have already made things look fuller overnight…Blows my mind. Hahahaha I can’t stop grinnin.

This was this mornings pic

5 Likes

@mulegal Ha Ha! I was just going to post pics of my growing buds from last year on Beastie Bloomz and why is it not good? Willa girl ya did yer ma proud! She is so enraptured by you she is beside herself! Kiss the Mulies for me and give the chickies a handful of scratch from me,

1 Like

@highcountrygal, It looks like you’ve got the perfect blend of sun and fun for the girls. I can’t wait to see how full they look after your LST.

3 Likes

Happy April everyone.

Got my four seeds planted in small pots and they are under cover in the nursery. Let the games begin again!

@highcountrygal, @Myfriendis410, @blackthumbbetty, @Countryboyjvd1971, @MattyBear, @neckNflu, @raustin

on a less positive note, I discovered a really bad aphid infestation in the vinca planted around my deck. And WillaJ was sitting on the bench directly above them. Eggads. I moved Willa to another part of yard and cut the vinca down to ground level with hedge trimmers and hauled a huge tarp of clippings and aphids and ants to the burn pile. I’m still going to spray pyrethins or something I can find local and drench the area. Then I’m going to kill it all, no more ground cover. It has been a bad idea in the first place since it spreads under the deck and grows up through the boards all summer. Gotta say this was pretty gross. But at least I found it before they spread. I’ve checked everything else around the yard and no aphids anywhere else

I hope I dodged that bullet. Someone mentioned some insect bags I think that can be put over plants, like the cloth that can protect fruit trees from birds…but small weave to stop bugs…??? Now I am skeeved out about the sap suckin crawlies.

5 Likes

It’s a thing to be concerned with @mulegal… even inside.

1 Like

A Tablespoon of peroxide in a gallon of water. Try that first. A bit of scent free dish soap in water is deadly on aphids too. Less chance of hurting the buds with those.

2 Likes

Yes it was definitely a concern…that’s a nice way of putting it @Covertgrower.

I really had a few colorful words strung together to go with the situation.

Peroxide and scent free soap. Thanks @Myfriendis410, I have both those things on hand.

2 Likes

Hi @mulegal!

Willa is looking sweet! Might want to consider a proactive BT regimen in anticipation of the evil moths. Last year my girls got hit hard when they started to get nice and smelly. I got it under control after the fact, but lost some really prime buds. They will break your heart.

Hi @DaGoose. Yes those aphids were a true invasion. And I did see one of the cabbage looper moths last week.

I bought some BT. What about spraying it when she has buds?

1 Like

@mulegal I don’t mean to cut in but I am so adamant about this. Y

ou can use it up to the day of harvest. This (if you are using Monterey BT) should be done on a weekly basis without fail, because it doesn’t kill on contact they have to eat it to die. I use the hose spray bottle because you are supposed to spray every where thoroughly undersides of leaves stems buds. I just started all of my young plants yesterday with their first spray and will do so without fail. I found only 4 live worms last year where I lost it all the year before.