First grow and journal Mulegal here

She’s a beautiful shade of St. Patty’s green. :four_leaf_clover::shamrock::four_leaf_clover:

1 Like

She is indeed and that’s no blarney

2 Likes

@mulegal Doncha mean O’Willa? What a lushes beauty me gurrll!

1 Like

She’s looking great!

1 Like

@Myfriendis410 what do you mean by washing? I may have missed it.

Wow! @mulegal Willa looks Great! I germinated 15 seeds, 13 have sprouted great, 1 not at all and 1 I think is still on the fence. I moved the dirt a bit just to check and it looks like it’s trying to break free so I’m going to leave it for another day or 2 just to make sure.

1 Like

Jorge Cervantes has a video on YouTube that lays it all out. Basically at harvest you soak the branches in a peroxide and water solution to remove powdery mildew, dirt and any crud or insect parts that may have become trapped in the plant material. You then rinse off and hang to drip dry before your actual drying.

4 Likes

But of course @highcountrygal…How could I have misspoke…
O’Willa for sure hahaha

Yes it’s a good video. And that fella Jorge has great vibes. He’s one to follow I think

3 Likes

@McB yes a few more days won’t hurt. Esp with your big grow. Willa is my first, one and only and this summer I am aiming for 3.

Jorge is a legend, and for sure a good follow!

1 Like

A legend huh? Just goes to show how far outta the loop I am @MattyBear hahahaha

He does have good energy about it all and sure gets the results in his garden. I can see why he’s a legend. I’ll try and find more of his stuff.

3 Likes

He was one of the first videos I watched about washing your harvest. I’ll tell you after watching that video, I washed mine. @mulegal

2 Likes

Yup I will be too. @Covertgrower. If for nothing else, to wash the dust off. Things get seriously dusty around here in the yard.

4 Likes

It’s sort of funny but whenever I hear of Jorge Cervantes name I think of the very first time I met my medical marijuana doctor. After we got done with my evaluation and going over the history of all my stuff he asked me if I ever heard of a grow book by the author Jorge Cervantes. I said I did not so he wrote the name down for me to look up. Looking back on it it still feels surreal that I was openly talking about marijuana with a doctor, his reading recommendations etc.
Anyway that was a long time ago but whenever I hear that name I think of that. Apparently my marijuana doctor is a fan of his. Have a nice night everybody sorry for the interruption.

4 Likes

@Myfriendis410 @Covertgrower just watched the video. I just wonder if you’d lose the tricombs? Seemed a bit rough when he rinsed off the plants after the water bath .

1 Like

One of the methods he highlights for battling mites shows a guy jetting his plants with the hose!

“Ya gotta get 'm real good!”

:hushed:

And people say you shouldn’t water from above…

1 Like

It has no effect on trichomes. Unless you get more vigorous than the video recommended. If you scroll back on my journal you’ll see the smeegma I got off of one plant. It was, as Samuel Jackson said: “Some repugnant $hit!”

What I noticed is the dried and cured product retains it’s green color longer, stays fresher, and is soft and smooth to smoke. Because you’re NOT SMOKING MILDEW. And believe me: it’s always there.

4 Likes

Great story @neckNflu. What a nice find in that Doc. What state are you in?

Please don’t apologise for “an interruption”. It was super. And this is my grow journal and I’m pretty free wheeling with it. As long as we all play nice, contribute what you like :smiley:

3 Likes

Thank you I appreciate that!
I’m in Michigan. I’m hoping it’ll be a legal state next year? I got to read up on where the state is with all that. But yeah live in Michigan. :grin:

1 Like

@Myfriendis410 Smoking mildew…yumm cough, cough

Speaking of coughing, has anyone ever tried a vaporizer? Pretty high tech compared to a simple joint I admit, but ease on my lungs is a bit interesting. Anyone?

2 Likes