First grow and journal Mulegal here

Thanks @raustin. Definitely a happy dance here.

No flowers yet but any day.

Wow! Those are beautiful. Really nice job. The color of green is really nice.

Good morning. Remember turn the clocks ahead, itā€™s later than you think hahaha @highcountrygal, @raustin, @Myfriendis410, @neckNflu, @McB, @MattyBear and all

Willa spent the first night out alone last night. She lookeds safe and warm this morning :+1:

Feels springlike out here this morning. Here is the future home of a couple ILGM Jack Herers.

Summer grows will be upon us in no time!! :rofl:

9 Likes

Looks like a great spot for a few plants!

1 Like

Okay now Iā€™m jealous! Saw the first spring green on my peach tree and everything else are bursting at the bud, so to speak! The green house looks super! Warm and toasty. OMG I love your land in my dreams! Do you watch PBS? Last night I stumbled on something so cool. I love DooWop and their show was the old guys and then, this really got to me, young kids singing the DooWop songs by the old guys, They were so good you couldnā€™t tell who was singing and this one kid 18 yrs old left the audience standing for quite a long time. All dressed in 50ā€™s clothing and the haircuts and dos with awesome.

1 Like

Iā€™m watching that JH, I have a few beans in hidingā€¦ I have to keep them hid, so I donā€™t start themā€¦ lol. @mulegal

3 Likes

@Covertgrower come on and plant them already! :grin:

Iā€™m toking on some Jack Herer right now haha!

3 Likes

Donā€™t start taunting me now @Myfriendis410 I have a small window i could could drop them and finish it!

1 Like

Ya @MattyBear, I hope they do well there. I think if the bugs donā€™t get me, itā€™ll be good.

2 Likes

Thanks @highcountrygal. I love my little homestead. Iā€™ll be here forever.

Yes PBS every night. Always something interesting.

And the cold frame did good. Willa is off to college nowā€¦out on her own and maturing hahahaha

2 Likes

Yes @Covertgrower, and @Myfriendis410. Iā€™m looking forward to this JH grow absolutely.

Been a long time comingā€¦(hear that one HCG)

2 Likes

Lol, college? I wish i had some space like you have, or a fraction of that space. Iā€™m so jell.

1 Like

CSNY! I so wanted to change my name to Clancy, because nowadays she canā€™t even sing. I was on the edge of my feather, helplessly hoping, that the broken arrow, and the wooden ships would help teach your children well. The country woman who is a kind woman, for what itā€™s worth, sheā€™s a rock and roll woman with a bluebird and Mr. Soul, who says sit down I think I love you, do I have to come right out and say it? So Iā€™ll go and say goodbye, down hot dusty roads! Eh @mulegal recognize anything?

1 Like

Oh my ā€¦all of it! Bringin it all home.

Iā€™m about ready to rummage around and find my old vinylā€¦yes Iā€™ve still got it all. Havenā€™t pulled it out in years. I think 2018 is the year of returning to my roots HCG

Getting into this growing is stirring up my youth like I never expected.

I hear her singing Summertime in the distance right now. Hear that HCG?

1 Like

@mulegal oh I do hear her singing and itā€™s takin a little piece of my heart! I saw her with Big Brother and the Holding Co. at Monterey in '67, along with Jimi Hendrix burning his guitar, Jefferson Airplane, Canned Heat and all the rest. Save your music for when you do your trimming! It took me all of my cdā€™s to completely do my trimming, about a week or so. I so miss back then and would go back in a split second if I could.

2 Likes

Ya you were right there werenā€™t you? Janis & BB, I wouldā€™ve given blood to see her.

I was deep rural New Hampshire late 60ā€™s. We had electricity but not much else, but good people, good music and good times. There was NO live music up there hahahaha. A brother of one of our group had a record store in Greenfieldā€¦ (?Green something, CRS, up north central Mass.) Weā€™d drop everything and pile in the truck and head for the record store. Never did seem to matter, we could drop everything and head off in search of music, smoke and adventure. Return home a few days later. Yup the wonder of youth.

1 Like

@mulegal At times I catch myself welling up with tears when I think back to things like that. It seems so long ago. I got you beat we didnā€™t have electricity either. I had to laugh at your impulsiveness. One time we all were naked and decided to drive up to Julian, a small mountain town with hippie haters, and off we went, never giving second thought to getting caught. Oh the good old carefree daze!

Ya, thank goodness for our electricity. That gave us our music. Had the best outhouse thoughā€¦gorgeous view of Mt Washington and white mtns. Hauled our water, I brewed beer and we grew what we could. Those were long cold winters but I donā€™t remember anything but happiness. Big wood cook stove in the kitchen. We lived in the kitchen hahahaha

You know Iā€™ve been in the garden this afternoon and got to thinking. I hope my free wheeling rememberings of an easier and free-er time is not offensive to anyone. I know that many of you fellas due to many and varied circumstances were probably spending those years in Viet Nam. And it was a different scene. I am cognizant of your sacrifices and my privileges.

But damn, those were some of the best years of my life.

3 Likes

Over half of the males in my graduating class of '66 were killed in Viet Nam, or came back messed up somehow, we just had our 50th reunion. I am a Pacifist and a peacemaker, to send all of those young men to do something we were taught all of our lives not to do, must have been a horrendous drain upon their morals, principles and self worth/value. They were just kids for Godā€™s sake and brainwashing them into believing war was necessary for what I never figured out. Obviously it didnā€™t work, what worked was the destruction of a whole generation of bright, intelligent young men/women and their chance to make something wonderful out of this world.
I salute you for your bravery, for it is very heart felt that you are our true heroā€™s and nothing will ever change that. If the world would have just listened to my generation we wouldnā€™t be where we are today. So I will close with this thought, Since war didnā€™t work, ā€˜Letā€™s give Peace a Chanceā€™ @mulegal beautifully stated!

2 Likes