First grow and first feed

Don’t know how I should feed my plants in their first 10 days of vegitation I have tap water that comes out at 34-40ppm and might just spray a little of that on there just for the first day or two. I just planted the seeds in Coco and perlite they were sprouting and ready.

A few pictures would help. Generally this would be the week I would start feeding in dwc. But I always add some nutes when I first start them at about 200ppm when I setup a new site. Its about half of the GHE schedule for seedlings. Some where between the first full week and second full week from sprout they get fed and I start my weekly feedings from there.

here they are and should I have them under light or not taking any light for now

Keep in mind I just have put the seeds in the soil after they sprouted

1 Like

@Andrax48 I wait till I see green to add lights unless I need them to keep the heat up in the tent. It will be somewhere between 2-3 weeks before adding major food dosage to the water from here I would guess. For now focus on not over watering. Did you pop holes for drainage in the bottom of the solo cups?

about 2-3 days girls should be showing and I would start 2-3 weeks of 18/6 light when that first one shows up.

2 Likes

Just cut 2 holes on each side of the bottom for drainage they are in the top shelf of my closet right now until they start showing them they will be transferred into the grow room. What is 16/8 light I have a full spectrum light that works with % output

1 Like

@ItsPat

Every one has their own method. I just sprouted 5 jack herer autos. They had 1/4" tails. I like small jiffy pots or cow pots for sprouts. I fill them with good seed starter mix. Water them in lightly, cover them and put them under the veg light. It is natural for for them to grow upward searching for light.
It must work for ItsPat but every thing I have read or practice, whether it is cannabis, lettuce, flower seeds (Kaleidoscope Nasturtium under a light right now) I place under a suitable veg light.

I take it to mean should I feed them now. I don’t grow or start in coco so look for an answer from someone with knowledge specific to coco. With that said, there is nothing to feed. I do not think they would need any nutrients at least until they have their first true leaves. I grow in soil and I only give my seedlings and early vegetative plants PH water.
If you are talking about watering. Only very lightly to set the sprouted seed. Otherwise just mist the soil. Most recommend covering the cups with a dome to maintain a high level of humidity. The bottom a clear plastic soda bottle is commonly used.
Good luck. If I didn’t say something clearly, reach out.

1 Like

So right now I’m using a full spectrum light that goes off of power output % and I can use infected light if that’s what I should use for veg I’m trying to research it but also love help from others who are knowledgeable thank you! If your courious about the light it’s on mengotechstore and it’s the model H

1 Like

I looked up your light. It looks like you are getting geared up to do some serious damage. I hope it came with a manual. Two of my LED I use for veg have simple veg and bloom toggles. Set to veg, adjust the height, done. Hopefully your manual will tell what spectrum to use for veg (I imagine toward blue) and the power setting - low. Not much help

18/6 is 18 hours of lights on and 6 hours off.

2 Likes

Ty makes send :stuck_out_tongue: thats what I was thinking about doing but also need to LST them.

1 Like