First grow and adoption. Pics

@garrigan62, is this the only nutes you use for flowering or do you flush in between feedings. Thanks.

1 Like

It’s what I used the last grow. I’m using micro tea this time around

122fb9df04d13c13571afd664ebbad7e9e1e8873_2_281x500

1 Like

@garrigan62 can I take a plant that has been in flower for 4 days and move it back to vege, safely. Thanks…:sweat::thinking::sweat_smile:

1 Like

Ya and hurry up and do it now. You’ll be ok .

By the way, Your online name just kills me brother …cracked me up most of the day I just couldn’t get it out of my head … lmfao

1 Like

Thanks Garrigan, you have been a great help. I might ask you about the tea compounds you are using. I’m trying my hand at that. I’m using eggshells, potato peels, banana peels, coffee grounds with purified water and keep it aerorated with an aquarium air pump, does this sound do-able ? thanks.

Yeah it was my first response to my first grow in flower stage…lmbo…:grin:

Try this instead my friend. I’m in the prosses of making it wright know. I got most of my order today waiting on one more and when it get’s here then 24 hours later my plants will be in heaven …lol

P.S I’m using the bottom recipe …

Some growers use worm castings as the sole basis for their tea. While this is certainly a viable option to brew tea, worms are predominately a bacterial organism, and do not contain some of the levels of beneficial organisms, such as fungi, nematodes, protozoa, ciliates, etc. that provide vital benefits to plants and gardens. Worms sequester bacteria in their gut in order to work their magic, like termites use fungi to digest the wood they eat. To brew better tea, use worm castings along with a balanced hu- mus product. Food sources include molasses, kelp, fish and bat guano. Recipes vary, some may recom- mend up to 16 tablespoons of molasses per 5 gallons of water, others only 1 tablespoon.

Two recipes:

Bacterial Dominant Tea:
1.5 pounds (700g) bacterial compost or vermicompost
3-4 tablespoons (45-60ml) liquid black strap molasses
4 teaspoons (23g) dry soluble kelp or 2 tablespoons of liquid kelp
3-4 teaspoons (15-20ml) fish emulsion

Fungal Dominant Tea:

2 pounds (900g) fungal compost
3-4 tablespoons (50ml) humic acids
2 teaspoons (10ml) yucca extract
4 teaspoons (23g) dry soluble kelp or 2 tablespoons of liquid kelp 4-5 teaspoons (20-25ml) fish hydrolysate
Fish-based fertilizers are obtained in two forms, fish solubles known as emulsions, or enzymatic di- gested fish known as hydrolysates. Fish hydrolysate is cold processed (minced, enzymatically digested and liquefied) to preserve proteins for quick turnover by microbes into nutrients. Emulsions are created using heat; this removes valuable ingredients and denaturing nutrients. While both forms can benefit a compost tea, hydrolysates retain the natural oils from the fish that are a very potent fungal food.
Mineral catalysts: Catalysts, as we know, change the speed of a reaction. It‘s important to understand that microbes work indirectly via chemical decomposition. Bacteria don‘t chew on a banana peel in a compost pile, they offer up an enzyme (biological catalyst) that works to chemically break it down. En- zymes are specialty proteins that work like keys to a lock for important biochemical reactions within living organisms, plants and people included. All enzymes incorporate a single molecule of a trace min- eral—such as manganese, copper, iron or zinc—without which an enzyme cannot function. We all know the benefits of adding enzymes but not many growers know that you get free enzymes from microbes.
Microbes help plants eat and, in return, plants feed microbes. In fact, over half of the energy derived through photosynthesis by plants is fed to the soil as exudates. Think of an exudate as a meal for mi- crobes. Plants actually know what they need, they just can‘t tell us. This means that plants have the ability to attract specific trophic levels (imagine the balance of the big fish and the little fish in the ocean) of microbes by preparing food

2 Likes

I cut down the blue haze on the 15th. It is hanging now. Trying to regulate humidity and temp.

2 Likes

3 Likes

Here are the monster cropped clones. So far they are putting off an abundance of small leaves and all the new leaves are sugary, unlike the regular clones. From same momma. So cool, to that! I am enjoying my gardening. I am thinking I am going to become a grower. We’ll see by this summer.

2 Likes

We are 7-1/2 weeks in flower. Says some will be ready at 8-9 weeks. I was hoping since I can’t find @raustin I was hoping her trusted confidant @blackthumbbetty would give me her thoughts on a deficiency this close to harvest is it a big concern? I have been giving cal-mag out the ying-yang and molasses hoping that would help. Her ph 6.6 runoff at yesterdays watering.

2 Likes

And here are a few bud and plant pics from the flowering group.

2 Likes

Congrats on the harvest @QtPatooty. Looks like you got a bunch more on the way.

1 Like

Thank you. I believe I did pretty good for my first grow. Not done yet but within the next 2 weeks most should be ready to harvest.

2 Likes

How things going qt? How’s your clone? Getting ready for harvest?

Sorry for my late response!

Deficiencies close to harvest are fairly normal. Depending on your trichs, if you only have a couple weeks left, it’s safe to start withholding nutes/beginning your flush.

3 Likes

This has been an amazing read! You have my total admiration for growing so many strains on your first indoor grow, the ladies all look fabulous! I’m growing GDP indoors on my first grow just entered 3rd week after light switch, I’d love to see how your GDP is doing?