First grow. Amnesia Haze auto bloomers

Morning today was inside in a window. This afternoon is bright and warmer (65 degrees or so) so we are hanging out in the backyard.

I’m a little concerned about this first girl, she’s a little more light green than I would like. Similar but not as bad with the others. My instinct is more water… thoughts??

3 Likes

@scylents I’m not an expert at all, but it looks normal to me :slightly_smiling_face: all my newer leaves coming in are a lighter shade. It’s the streaks or spots of light green on dark leaves I’d be worried about, but again, I’m new to this as well :slightly_smiling_face::call_me_hand: @Oldguy @MrPeat @pptrsha1

2 Likes

looks really wet to me in the pic

6 Likes

Agreed :v:

2 Likes

Honestly the soil looks completely soaked. At this stage the seedling don’t need much water. We are talking less than 5ml every couple days.
:+1:

3 Likes

Thanks guys!! We’ll keep them out of the rain.

So firstly, thank you to all on the feedback on the lights. It gave me tons of good questions to start asking and reading about. On one hand I’m super frustrated to find out how badly I have started off this first grow. But on the other hand I am starting to see how deep the rabbit hole goes and I’m excited to have stumbled into a new hobby. Let’s see how long the enthusiasm lasts… one thing is clear, had I not had a bunch of responses here I’d probably already have three dead girls.

I found this monster of a man on YouTube today and got sucked in!!

He’s trying to sell instruments, but he gives great info.

My conclusion from the whole thing is that my sub-optimal lights will give me a good enough first grow to really learn. Primary goal is to keep the girls alive and healthy.

In the end, the lockdown screwed my ability to get a good light inside the next 2-3 months. So I have two Mars Hydro SP150s on the way and will be here now on Tuesday. I’ll probably lose a lot on yield, but if it gets me to a point where I can convince my (fantastic) wife to invest in a tent and a better light then it’ll be a well invested couple of months.

I haven’t mentioned before that I’m an expat here in Belgium so it’s really tough to have low risk access to bud without risking border crossing or sketchy areas in Brussels. So even an ounce with our three ladies would put us over the moon.

Hoping to have the grow space set up on Tuesday, I’ll send over some pics. :grin:

Thanks again all, and please share if you have more good reading / viewing!!

7 Likes

@MrPeat @MidwestGuy @RandomlyRan @Drinkslinger @dbrn32 @Dman1969 @imSICKkid @Myfriendis410 @elheffe702 @Enlightened420

3 Likes

@Covertgrower @repins12 @Work4iT

1 Like

The good doctor Bugbee knows his stuff.

2 Likes

With proper lighting, you can grow anything you want. Just here to help.

4 Likes

Bruce Bugbee is the man. Good luck on your grow. You should watch Greengenes Garden also.

2 Likes

@scylents The mars light might not be HLG but I pull off really good results under the TSL-2000W. I think you’ll do good with sp150s to start. I went through a few different burple lights before resting at the MARS light for now. For me it was the matter of I had a gift card to Amazon for a bit more than the light so it was a easy to pull trigger (and I got it used for $200 usd). The thing about the burple lights too, I have 6 of them with various stages of LED failure, most about 6 months of 12/12 usage. Some have whole sections that go out when a single LED fails. In all case the burple I have are a ton more heat load than the MARS light. I grow in water so heat is a big enemy at times. Using the same wattage burple (I have two 1000w panels that each pull 176w so a little more power use than the MARS), without AC turned on I’m about 20F degrees hotter in the grow room, with the MARS TSL-2000W, 7F degrees above ambient temperature.
I haven’t had to, but the drivers on the TSL may be relocated outside the tent to reduce the heat load.

3 Likes

Really good to see!! Thanks for sharing. What do you expect to yield there?

I see you also aren’t using a tent. Have you ever tried a reflective surface on the walls around the plants?.

2 Likes

Oh forgot to say the plants in the first picture are the two little ones in the second picture hidden by a big purple haze 8oz after drying.

1 Like

@scylents each wall as Panda Film on it. A separate sheet overlapping. It’s a very reflective surface.

Before adding panda on all walls

After

Free energy! Well almost.

2 Likes

Any thoughts on foil on the walls? Overkill?

This will be the grow space…

1 Like

I’m late to the party…welcome to ILGM! Foil probably isn’t necessary. Maybe just a coat of flat white couldn’t hurt. I’ve read that too reflective a material will create hot spots, and it’s miserable on the eyes. White paint is enough to reflect light in the ways you want it to do. Good luck! :v:

4 Likes

@scylents foil is a pain in my opinion, easy to tear, easy to make hot spots (the crinkles can focus light).
@elheffe702 is right on, I used flat white Killz primer in my room about 10 years ago. It held up for a ton of grows, but the Panda sheets are so easy to wipe off, compared to the textured walls of the room. Sure maybe I should have skim coated the walls first :slight_smile: compared to the OLD flat white primer it does offer a slight increase in reflectivity. Maybe when the paint was new it was just as good or better. With panda plastic it’s easy enough to swap a sheet during the grow even (my false wall gets holes here and there). I can just tape it, or replace the sheet during a grow.

2 Likes

I’m out of likes, but that’s a great point!

1 Like