First Grow - All Advice Welcome

Woke up this morning and PH was up to 6.5, lowered it to 5.5.

Hey all back for my weekly post.

Week 3 from germination, changed water today. The one still showing some kind of deficiency is much bushier and growing leaves like crazy. The other is skinnier but nice and green now. Upped nutes this week PPM 820. PH at 5.5.

Water +110PPM of Calmag
12ml Micro
18ml Grow
10ml Bloom
20ml Voodoo Juice
20ml B-52
Humidity 50-60
1000W light 30in distance from top of plant.

These are autos, should i be trimmimg the bottom leaves on the bushy one or just let them grow now? Anything else i should be doing to these at this point? I think everything is looking good, but any advice on what im doing?

Second flush of fungi grow harvested, heres a bonus pic :slight_smile:

Week 4

Hey guys, I was going to change the water this week and wanted to ask when do you switch nutes from veg to flower on an auto flower? I’ve been searching for links to visible signs of when I’ll know. These are Tangarine Dream Autos:

You will see whit pistil on the upper most bud. That’s when they have entered flowering.

@WickedAle is that when i should switch to flowering nutrients or are there other signs.

Yes. There is significant growth that will follow during the stretch though.

The leaf discoloration is probably potassium or phosphorus related and when you switch to flowering nutrients it should resolve itself. I switch out my complete res with fresh nutrients every week hoping to avoid any problems but shit does happen. Growing autos don’t leave us any margin for errors. One lock out and half our yield is lost. Good luck buddy :+1:

Week 5: this girl was looking better, but now even new growth has slight signs of what ever the deficiency is. Note the differnce at the nodes too. This plant is thicker than the healthy one. Wondering if i need to give it more cal/mag or something more than the other plant. Any ideas?

The better looking one:

End of week 5:

Not sure if anyone is following this, but I’ll keep going hahaha.

Plant with the deficiency is looking WAY better. Getting some wilty or droopy lower leaves, guessing thats normal? Think my humidity is getting a bit high, but if i set to vent temps will drop. Still no signs of flowering, though not sure exactly what I’m looking for but no pistols on the top.

Info:
2 x Tangarine Dream Auto
1000w light 25in from top of plant.
Temp 73f
PH 5.5 - 6.0
Humidity 60-70
Light schedule 18-6
Height about 15-16in
Calmag 100ppms
Micro 24ml
Bloom 24ml
Grow 20ml
B52 10ml

As always any advice or thoughts welcom.

1 Like

Very nice full plant. Looks good. :+1::v:
Pistils will start to show a bit lower down from top at the stem / branch junction. Peace. :v:

1 Like

@Oldguy i think they are just starting. Is it ok to run my veg nutes one more week? Im not sure when to switch to flower. I have been slowly transitioning to more bloom than grow, but have not yet started my flower supplements.

1 Like

Yes. It’s been suggested in other threads to carry on with veg nutes into the flowering stretch to help prevent deficiency’s in flower. Hope this helps a bit. With pistils showing now she’s ready to flip any time. Peace for now @NewGrowN00b. :v:

Week 6, they took off and look good now. I think they are showing signs of flowering.

PPMs are at a out 1100, think i need to up it still at half recommended dosage of nutrients.

Week 7:
They are definitely flowering!!! One is a bit behind for some reason, but i think it’s fine… anything i need to do at this point? I’ve been tucking leaves. There is a ton of lower growth, but everything I’ve read says not to trim autos.

Plant1:

Plant2 (shorter and not flowering quite like the other):

I believe @Killadruid trims his autos just to clear bud sites. I tagged him so he may chime in soon.

1 Like

Here I am yes I do when they start to flower

1 Like

Thanks Killa! :sunglasses:

1 Like

Take them big fan leaves up top and cut them off un needed. Just blocking light from the rest of ur plant. I’d say all the big leaves on her but that’s up to u

Ok, just take the huge ones coming off the main stem? I’ve been tucking them, but its causing issues when moving the plants to change water. And I snip them right at the base of their stem correct?

Yup do that get rid of the big leaves and anything that is blocking ur lower growth.

here is one I stripped down but for u just take the bigger leaves off let that lolower growth grow up

1 Like